Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera for motion shots

• 11-11-2009 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey,

Looking for a bit of advice on the best type of camera for motion shots ie. photos of racing etc. I was looking at a Nikon d3000. Is the frames per second rate that important? i know you need 3 at least but do you really need 8 frames per second for a good shot? Also lens size? I have a basic understanding of cameras but nothing too advanced.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Motion shots (with the object sharp and background blurred) are all about a single shot at a slow(ish) shutter speed. Frames per second rate doesn't come into it
    The speed of the shutter will depend on how fast the object is moving past your view point

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ciors

Well i'd mainly be using it for Motorcycle racing so bikes would easily be travelling at 100kph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Dunno how fast this was but it was taken at 1/40

3429698838_c0579592d8.jpg

The closer the car / bike to you the quicker you need to swing your camera around to match its motion so the speed of the bike is not so important.
    e.g a airplane high in the sky is moving at 200-300 mph but because is so far away then your motion to match its movement past you is going to be tiny....But a jogger than runs straight past you is going to be the complete opposite

Advertisement