Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Hand Poker...

Options
  • 11-11-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question im doing a project for college on advertising when did this advertisement come out on tv in ireland or uk? is it still on and if not can anybody tell me when abouts it stoped running?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CWm8RFLTCw

Its a funny ad, im pretty sure i seen it the last month are so..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭jack90210

scruff321 wrote: »
    Just a quick question im doing a project for college on advertising when did this advertisement come out on tv in ireland or uk? is it still on and if not can anybody tell me when abouts it stoped running?

Haven't watched your clip but I assume its the one with the guy dressed up as a shark and another as Helmuth. Still on I think. Must have started about 1 or 2 months ago.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's out a while and there are a couple of different ones.

False advertising, btw.

5starpool wrote: »
    It's out a while and there are a couple of different ones.

False advertising, btw.

What's the story with that site. Is it fishy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

jack90210 wrote: »
    What's the story with that site. Is it fishy?

I hear there are no pros, hustlers or sharks allowed so you'd need to bear that in mind if you sign up. If they can prove you are a shark you might get into trouble...

ollyk1 wrote: »
    I hear there are no pros, hustlers or sharks allowed so you'd need to bear that in mind if you sign up. If they can prove you are a shark you might get into trouble...

Wasn't the question I asked but anyway thanks for joke. </splitting of sides>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

jack90210 wrote: »
    Haven't watched your clip but I assume its the one with the guy dressed up as a shark and another as Helmuth. Still on I think. Must have started about 1 or 2 months ago.

Thanks mate, thats the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

scruff321 wrote: »

Whats your interest in the ad?
    The whole concept is a standing joke here because in reality the angle they are using to sell the site is demonstrably false.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

Whats your interest in the ad?
    The whole concept is a standing joke here because in reality the angle they are using to sell the site is demonstrably false.

Ah i just have to do an essay on advertisement, what its about, who their target market is etc, and this ad just popped into my mind as i thought it was funny. As for what i think of the actual site i think its lame and it probably dosent work unless they kick you off it if your winning too much.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭72over

There was a great post about this site not so long ago ago...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62676313&postcount=92394

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

coolhandpoker == ladbrokes

same site same players joke it is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

corkie123 wrote: »
    coolhandpoker == ladbrokes

same site same players joke it is

Yes but without the hustlers

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Yes but without the hustlers

are u for real or what its the same site same players come on u cant be that dumb or can u :D:D:D

CHP wouldn't advertise no hustlers if the network was overloaded with hustlers, now would they? Think about it, jesus...

Slash/ED wrote: »
    CHP wouldn't advertise no hustlers if the network was overloaded with hustlers, now would they? Think about it, jesus...

for god sake grow up its cheap advertising there just a skin from ladbrokes site thats all .

WHICH means SAME SITE = SAME PLAYERS
    so u think they weed out all the so called hustlers think about it jesus before u make a bigger fool of your self

Maybe it just wont let you sit on a table that has hustlers from ladbrokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Lets hope some potential players believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

corkie123 wrote: »
    for god sake grow up its cheap advertising there just a skin from ladbrokes site thats all .

WHICH means SAME SITE = SAME PLAYERS
    so u think they weed out all the so called hustlers think about it jesus before u make a bigger fool of your self

[ ] gets jokes.

lol cork imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Was going to open an account to clear a bonus because its also one of the sites that allows you get all the Poker Pro Labs software free if you earn 1500 points, but this sort of bothers me...

Points are earned if you contribute to the pot and the hand was raked

AFAIK most sites award you the points as long as you're dealt in, but here you need to play the hands to earn points, or is this more common than i think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Was going to open an account to clear a bonus because its also one of the sites that allows you get all the Poker Pro Labs software free if you earn 1500 points, but this sort of bothers me...

AFAIK most sites award you the points as long as you're dealt in, but here you need to play the hands to earn points, or is this more common than i think?

Depends on the site. Dealt is more common with Ipoker, stars, full tilt being all dealt but Ongame is contributed and afaik microgaming is contributed as well but not 100% on that.

i am getting old :rolleyes::rolleyes

hook line and sinker congrats slash/ed give u 8 /10 for that one :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Stop being so tight, be deserves at least 9 for that one.
    Come on, 3.5 years on boards, and you fell for that. For shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Flushdraw wrote: »

Entraction is done by contribution as well. Just raise more. That'll fix it.

Mellor wrote: »
    Stop being so tight, be deserves at least 9 for that one.
    Come on, 3.5 years on boards, and you fell for that. For shame.

i was only giving him 5/10 but i decided i be a bit nicer for a change ;);)

Advertisement