Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What they've said to embarrass you??

Options
  • 11-11-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

My little tulips have ranged to asking "overweight" people when they are getting their baby, to my 6 yr old daughter pointing out non nationals in a hospital recently, and saying (in a very loud whisper) that they are poor people.

They are just 2 off the top of my head but there are many many more, as Im sure all parents will know...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Little monster who's just turned 4 mortified his mammy the other day by pointing at a 'little person' and saying in his loudest voice 'Mammy look at that little man!'

Thought it was funny that he actually used what's considered the politically correct term these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

the public toilet cubicle conversations are always embarrassing.... some too embarrassing to be repeated on here :o

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jeege

Oh I know the ones, either when they're in there with you giving a running commentary, or in the cubicle next door, giving a running commentary!!

Nice:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Tilt Gone

My three year old has decided to call people of African origin chocolate people. Queue red-faced parent in SuperValue.

Oh and my DA used to shout up at me when my mates knocked the door that my boyfriends were here.

I'm a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

The twins are quite young, so don't talk much in understandable language yet, especially around other people. However, I am pregnant and my breasts have grown significantly in the last few weeks. My little girl has taken to declare, in a loud voice while pointing at my breasts: "moo cow moo boobs!". Which, you know, isn't wrong and I am glad she knows what they are for but... yeah....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

told kids at the front door - my daddy's naked!!!! - Im the one whos embarrased, he doesnt give a toss!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I was sitting int he motor tax office one day a few months back with my then 2yr old, a lady sat next to me with a newborn in a car seat thingy, my 2 yr old pointed and said

MAmmy is that a monkey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭athlone M

my son who was about 1 and a half at the time, took out a packet of always out of the tesco bag that was in the buggy behind him (I have a twin buggy and there is a space between the two seats) whats this ma??? As loud as he could in a packed Penneys I went red and rushed out of the shop and couldn't get to the car quick enough talk about letting you down with a bang!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

We brought my (then) 7-year old to see Transformers. At one point, Shia's parents ask if he was m@sturbating. Just as the chuckles died into silence, her whisper carried across the cinema: "What's m@sturbating mean?"

My wife brought her into a toilet cubicle when she was about 4. A lady had just walked out of this cubicle and headed to the mirror to check her hair/makeup. My daughter noticed wee on the seat and very loudly asked why that lady weed on the seat. "Shhhh"... "No Mammy, there's wee everywhere. Why did the lady wee everywhere?"

There's this really sound, jolly Thai waiter in a Thai restaurant we frequent (great early bird deal, so we can bring the kids and be back in time for bed). He's always joking around with kids. The first time we brought her there, he was all jolly and happy and kept making her laugh. As he walked away, she asked (again, loudly), "Why does the fat brown man keep talking to me?" Erm... you're not supposed to call people that. "But he IS fat and brown." GAHHH... stop talking!

In another restaurant, there was this waitress who plucked her eyebrows and 'drew' them back on (never understood it myself). Of course, the little monster was confused. "What's that on your forehead?" she asked. The confused waitress moved her hand to her forehead to wipe away the offending thing. "No... those things," and she stood up and pointed at the eyebrows. Mortified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

What always makes it worse is that we keep laughing when she does something embarrassing, which only encourages her. It's impossible to keep a straight face. I think our kids like the reaction they get when they embarrass us :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Lothaar wrote: »
    We brought my (then) 7-year old to see Transformers. At one point, Shia's parents ask if he was m@sturbating. Just as the chuckles died into silence, her whisper carried across the cinema: "What's m@sturbating mean?"

My wife brought her into a toilet cubicle when she was about 4. A lady had just walked out of this cubicle and headed to the mirror to check her hair/makeup. My daughter noticed wee on the seat and very loudly asked why that lady weed on the seat. "Shhhh"... "No Mammy, there's wee everywhere. Why did the lady wee everywhere?"

There's this really sound, jolly Thai waiter in a Thai restaurant we frequent (great early bird deal, so we can bring the kids and be back in time for bed). He's always joking around with kids. The first time we brought her there, he was all jolly and happy and kept making her laugh. As he walked away, she asked (again, loudly), "Why does the fat brown man keep talking to me?" Erm... you're not supposed to call people that. "But he IS fat and brown." GAHHH... stop talking!

In another restaurant, there was this waitress who plucked her eyebrows and 'drew' them back on (never understood it myself). Of course, the little monster was confused. "What's that on your forehead?" she asked. The confused waitress moved her hand to her forehead to wipe away the offending thing. "No... those things," and she stood up and pointed at the eyebrows. Mortified.

ha ha ha brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Lothaar wrote: »

Oh man.

I'm getting my little guy gagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 katieboo84

was in town yest with nearly 3 year old and my sister, and a woman was sittin outside the shoppin centre beggin holdin a coffee cup, my lil "angel" looked at her and said, "lady, why are u sittin there holdin a cup, are u waitin for ur tea"? morto we were and dragged the child off snifflin laffin, turned around the corner and there was a man in a wheel chair with a blanket on his legs holdin a cup, " hay mr man, are your leggies cold"? "why are u a lazy bonies in ur buggy"? at this point my sister walked off shakin with the laughter, tryin to hold it in, i dont mean to be makin offence at people beggiin or in their "buggies" but at the time i cudnt stop shakin and the child didnt know what was so funny, bless the innocent.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

My wife was in a clinc recently with our foster child. On the wall was a large poster about breast feeding when he said, "jeasusss, marcy josevph Mammy. The baby is biting its Mammys booby. My wife tried to explain what was happenig but he was having none of it. "Ah no Mammy he biting her" The lady behind my wife nearly had to be pick up laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Superdaddy

I was at the swimming pool recently with my 6 year old son, we were getting changed in a cubicle and i was putting on my shorts so i was briefly naked. He started laughing at me and between the laughter he said "Haha look at your willy, it's like a hairy monkey daddy. Ha ha its really huge." I could hear the sniggering all round the changing rooms. "Why does it look like that daddy?" To shut him up i explained his would look like that when he grows up. Then at the top of his voice " I don't want a big hairy willy when i grow up" I was mortified and to make matters worse it was a communal area and there was lots of moms with their kids in the cubicles all round us. I tried to wait till some of them had moved off in case i had to see them when we stepped out. Of course he let me down again. "Come on Daddy what are we waiting for?" Got loads of smiles from people as we stepped out to the lockers and then i heard one little girl whisper to her mammy really loudly, "i want to see his willy too." I could have died!!!:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

In the waiting room I was pleased to discover my 2 and a half year old can now count to ten.

Poking me in the chest he announces "one boobie, two boobies, three boobies, four boobies, five boobies, six boobles... and so on" I stopped him at ten. Maybe he can can count farther.

Not as bad as when he pulled my pants down in Aldi. Still getting over that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

Sleepy....that reminds me of the time when my 3 year old saw a 'little person' and shouted really really loudly "look mammy, it's a woman baby"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭MelissaLahive

I was in Tesco shopping with my son just after we had watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We were in the frozen food section why my son screamed and shouted at the top of his voice "Look mommy, its an oompa loompa!" at a "little person" that was shopping. There was loads of people around and I was mortified. He wouldn't leave it there though and ran up to the poor man asking him to sing a song for him. I don't think I've ever apologised so much to anyone in my life. Luckily he had a sense of humour about the whole thing!

Advertisement