Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Majestic MultiFuel Stove Vents

Options
  • 11-11-2009 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Can anyone give me the definitive answer on how to use the vents properly in my Majestic stove, this one to be exact.

3 vents on top, two on the bottom. My chimney has a good draught and I want to know how to use them to burn my wood efficiently.

I have well seasoned wood, with little moisture so it burns well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

**** thats a lot of vents , ok heres what i have learned from experience , if you are burning wood on its own you only use the top vents and leave the bottom closed , if you are going to burn coal ,or turf/briquettes you use the bottom only.

Also if your stove has a riddler you need to have the grate in the closed position for wood burning , so to let a good lot of ash biuild up , apparently this is good for your stove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭tullachBuí

Use the top ones...interesting. And the bottom ones closed?

I'll give it a go! Thanks.

Advertisement