Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cdr Audio - Exact MP3 Copy?

• 11-11-2009 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Okay, this is a bit of a weird one!
    I lost my hard drive recently resulting in data loss (mp3's) :(
    I had a lot of these mp3's burnt to Audio cd's which I still have.
    I want to get these Audio cd's back on to my PC as mp3's but figure I'll loose a lot of quality/clarity if I re-compress them again.

Is there any software out there that maybe able to re-convert these without loosing to much quality?

Or does anybody have any other advice?

All help much appreciated,

Thanks!
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Sorry, but I'm not clear on the details of what you're asking. Did you burn the MP3s directly to the CDs? If so, then you should be able to copy them back to your PC without compressing them any further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Norfork Nights

Yes, they were burn't via nero to Audio cds (Not data)
    So as far as I know the info gets converted to text (.cda) and an uncompressed (.wav) file?

If I re-extract the audio (.wav) and copy to mp3 lets say at 192k I would have compressed them twice as they were already compressed before burning them to the audio cd?

Am I gettting this ball's up?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Why not just fetch the original audo discs instead of using your Backup MP3 discs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Norfork Nights

All the tracks are in one place c/w names on the audio disc's that I have made, Taken from different comp albums etc.. I dont want to have to go that far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Well if you had them tagged(named) and burned these tags(names) onto the cd, its just a matter of ripping them to the pc like any other audio cd.

If not then your best of getting the original cd or find a lot of spare time to rip and tag(name) them.

Mediamonkey is excellent for ripping and reading the tags(names) and adding them if needed.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_mediamonkey/download/b98971125c92ed20630a48a348495b0f/

• Advertisement
Advertisement