Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My motherboard needs replacing

Options
  • 11-11-2009 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

My parents motherboards gone bust, so I need to buy a new one for them.

the model that died: here

and the one I'm looking at: here

I'm not missing anything crucial am I? Supports the same cpu and all that. The graphics card is a gforce7300gs - should that affect it?

It's only used for simple stuff..maybe the odd game. Nothing serious.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

What CPU do you have there? Right socket but you still need to check CPU compatibility. And how are you playing the odd game on a 7300gs?! Not exactly a good 3D card... :o

More to the point, why did your parents have a big fancy mobo with SLI and stuff in the first place? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

It's an amd athlon 4800 dual core

Terrible card, I know. It's only so my younger brothers can play some games. No crysis here though.

The SLI? Was a pre-spec'd system off komplett.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Had a look, pretty much everything that can physically fit in the socket (including even the newest AM3 CPUs) runs grand on the stock BIOS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Great thanks

Advertisement