Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sporting Fingal v Bray Wanderers

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

There must be something with the supporters of teams that play in red. They all seem to be sour and bitter towards other clubs . Sligo, shels, liverpool, man utd.
    Be happy ladies and enjoy the Sporting Fingal experience :D

If the FAI gave us the go ahead to form a team and the people of Fingal happy with it then who are sligo or the other clowns to say we shouldnt be in the league ? Worry about the goings on in your clubs and let us worry about ours

Fingal are going supersonic so get used to it or chill out a bit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

cymro wrote: »
    Ye, we are going down to Tallaghfornia and then the Europa :D

All 40 of yous again!?:P
    Paulw wrote: »
    Well, thankfully Sporting Fingal do have a sustainable club model, that is working very well. :D

Oh God! That's what Cork thought, a one man show, being solely funded by him and well compare your crowds to Corks couple of thousand crowds. You honestly can't think it's a sustainable club model?

If the FAI gave us the go ahead to form a team and the people of Fingal happy with it then who are sligo or the other clowns to say we shouldnt be in the league ? Worry about the goings on in your clubs and let us worry about ours

Only reason you's were allow, is because yous were supposely the replacement for us, but well not to the FAI's plan we don't plan on going anywhere.

bohsman wrote: »
    Theres plenty of teams in Dublin they could have invested in, currently in the league or at lsl level but for whatsoever reason Seery and fingal need to make up their own clubs. Nothing against either club tbh, dont care if theyre still in existence in 5 years or not, just feel investing in shels or home farm or whatever would have made a lot more sense. Did dublin really need another club?

We are not a Dublin team we are a Fingal team :D.

Its a bit silly suggesting that the powers that be behind Sporting should have invested in Shels or home farm instead when they have nothing to do with Fingal. You have missed or intentionally missed the whole point behind Sporting Fingal.
    Should they have invested in Bohs ? a club that screws over their players after they took a pay cut. Players told that they would be re signed if they took a pay cut but after they did they were let go at the end of the season.

Its a bit silly suggesting that the powers that be behind Sporting should have invested in Shels or home farm instead when they have nothing to do with Fingal. You have missed or intentionally missed the whole point behind Sporting Fingal.
    Should they have invested in Bohs ? a club that screws over their players after they took a pay cut. Players told that they would be re signed if they took a pay cut but after they did they were let go at the end of the season.

Where did you pick me up on this?

Only reason you's were allow, is because yous were supposely the replacement for us, but well not to the FAI's plan we don't plan on going anywhere.

Not so . Fingal joning the league had nothing to do with shels so dont flatter yourself.

Where did you pick me up on this?

I didnt

It was a reply to the bohs lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Oh God! That's what Cork thought, a one man show, being solely funded by him and well compare your crowds to Corks couple of thousand crowds. You honestly can't think it's a sustainable club model?

In fairness, what information have you about how Sporting Fingal is run? How do you know about the club finances or model?

People here seem to think they know all about how Sporting Fingal is run. They assume that the model can't possibly last. But, Sporting Fingal have been here two seasons now. The club is growing, the fan base is growing, sponsorship is increasing, the football is improving, and next season there will be Premier Division football.

Not so . Fingal joning the league had nothing to do with shels so dont flatter yourself.

Well according to people within our club it did, Keely being on of them who would have more connections than Eircom.
    I didnt

It was a reply to the bohs lad.

My bad.
    Paulw wrote: »
    In fairness, what information have you about how Sporting Fingal is run? How do you know about the club finances or model?

People here seem to think they know all about how Sporting Fingal is run. They assume that the model can't possibly last. But, Sporting Fingal have been here two seasons now. The club is growing, the fan base is growing, sponsorship is increasing, the football is improving, and next season there will be Premier Division football.

I know that the main stream of income for Fingal is Gannon, without him I'd say you's would be well over the 65% rule. Also been told that players are offered rent-free apartments as part of their pay.

An average attendence for 700 ish this season, with a good few being freebies, yet spending somewhere around €15,000 on wages a week is not a sustainable model for any club.

Trust me, a one man show ain't good news, looks at Cork, Shels, Drogs, etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Congratulations to Sporting Fingal, comisserations to Bray Wanderers.

• Advertisement

Well according to people within our club it did, Keely being on of them who would have more connections than Eircom.

My bad.

I know that the main stream of income for Fingal is Gannon, without him I'd say you's would be well over the 65% rule. Also been told that players are offered rent-free apartments as part of their pay.

An average attendence for 700 ish this season, with a good few being freebies, yet spending somewhere around €15,000 on wages a week is not a sustainable model for any club.

Trust me, a one man show ain't good news, looks at Cork, Shels, Drogs, etc...

The people within your club knows nothing about Sporting Fingal . Shelbourne were in the first when we were going to be in the A and we got into the first after Killkenny pulled out so it has nothing to do with Shels. There is more to the league than shels and everything doesnt revolve round them.

Your comment about Gannon isnt correct neither is the rent free apartments and its far from being a one man show and is totally diffrent to the clubs you mentioned

You cant comment on how much Fingal spend on wages when Shels ruin was the way they spent silly money to buy the league and get into europe.

Your comment about Gannon isnt correct neither is the rent free apartments and its far from being a one man show and is totally diffrent to the clubs you mentioned

You cant comment on how much Fingal spend on wages when Shels ruin was the way they spent silly money to buy the league and get into europe.

Who's the other men involved in the show so? Who else are pumping money in?

Ye our demise was due to over-paying players and going by your clubs accounts it won't be long before yous say goodbye. Did you know you wage budget is over €15,000?

BTW you's bought promotion this season and if yous manage to win next Sunday you's will be spending silly money to get into Europe. Tad hypocritical, no!?

Ye our demise was due to over-paying players and going by your clubs accounts it won't be long before yous say goodbye. Did you know you wage budget is over €15,000?

BTW you's bought promotion this season and if yous manage to win next Sunday you's will be spending silly money to get into Europe. Tad hypocritical, no!?

No as it was you that mentioned the spending originally not me.

You dont need to know who else is involved as it on a need to know basis and you dont need to know :D

Ive told you before Sporting Fingal will be around for a good number of years yet so change the record there Gav . Noboday can say anything about our football so they try and run our club for us or have a go at the attendance week in week out.
    You just worry about your shels and i'll not worry about my Sporting Fingal :D

If we win on sunday we will be in europe so no need to spend to get there apart from the travel costs but i know a man with a plan so its ok.

Did you know you wage budget is over €15,000?

What does it matter?

There are a large number of revenue sources for Sporting Fingal. It's certainly not all bankrolled by a single person. The business of running Sporting Fingal is not simply about gate receipts nor about a set figure on wages per week. Many of the players are doing other work - community development, coaching, etc, which also go towards funding the club.

Anyway, I thought this thread was about Sporting Fingal V Bray Wanderers, and not about the funding of the club?

Maybe since the games are now over, the mods should lock this thread? Sporting Fingal are now through to the premier division next season. That's life.

Just don't take that everything will be perfect, look at Pats, bankrolled and yet they're budget is being cut for the coming season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

We are not a Dublin team we are a Fingal team :D.

What countys that in then? Bit futile investing in Bohs being a members club...

That Glen you're talking about? Past it unfortunately, legend that he is with our budget cuts he had to go. 1-1 in the screwover stakes. I wish him the best of luck in Finglas.

What county? FINGAL. :D

Just don't take that everything will be perfect, look at Pats, bankrolled and yet they're budget is being cut for the coming season.

Are you under the impression that you are the only one with this info? Why are you trying to educate us about the misgivings of your club and others? We read the same papers as you do and the same boards so we are able to look after ourselves. Do you want us to thank you for the heads up ?
    The future is yet to be seen so all im doing is enjoing now and our promotion and the cup final on sunday. There is no point worrying about what might happen in the future as all that will happen is that i will become a doom and gloom merchant like shels fans and get all depressed and start trying to right the wrongs of other clubs on internet forums where it wont change anything anyway.
    Sporting Fingal are here now so get used to it and no amout of your doom and gloom postings will change my support towards Sporting Fingal.
    O ye Gav, have fun in division one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

jeez Gav. What the hell man. Give it a rest will you. You are going on about the same crap you did two years ago. I thought you had got past most of that bull. I guess the fact yous are staying in div 1 is sinking in and to add to it all, you have to face another year of hoofball with keely. I think id be a little p*ssed too I guess. Enjoy ;)

Hey Paul, dont give him that programme he is after, he doesnt deserve it now:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Fair play to O'Neill. :rolleyes:

Not content with his thuggery and cheating against Shels, he carried it into the game v Bray on Monday night.

Stamping on a player, racking his studs on a keeper......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Promotion will kill you. I for one will dance on your grave. It'll be a pleasant afternoon in June I hope as is too chilly for such joviality in winter.

Dream on.
    Typical bitter shels now that they arnt big time anymore .

Zebra3 wrote: »

Not content with his thuggery and cheating against Shels, he carried it into the game v Bray on Monday night.

Do you want him to just stand there and ask for the ball and say please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Do you want him to just stand there and ask for the ball and say please?

You think that excuses violent conduct? :rolleyes:

It wasnt.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Promotion will kill you. I for one will dance on your grave. It'll be a pleasant afternoon in June I hope as is too chilly for such joviality in winter.

:pac:

Lets all laugh at shelbourne, lets all laugh at shelbourne la la lala

How many lads have been sent off for shels this year?

Dermot keelys tactics especially from what iv seen against us this year, is to go in hard on players and if you take the player as well then so be it. So give me a break.

Im delighted Keely has taken yous for another year. Good luck trying to get out of that division again playing hoofball against Bray, Derry and Waterford.

Things may not always go well for us but just knowing we kept you down one more season keeps me all warm inside.

I feel sorry for the decent fans of shels that some of there fans are so bitter and unfortunately paint their club in such a bad light because of this.

This is a thread about Fingal and Bray. Funny how shels lads always try to hijack a thread about us and spout anti fingal rubbish. Your embarrassing yourselves lads and im loving it.:pac: Good day to you sirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Dream on.
    Typical bitter shels now that they arnt big time anymore .

Funny reading that after reading your posts and some of lampers. And you wonder why most LoI fans have no respect for yous?

I see you didnt post anything about the drivel the shels heads come out with.
    Are you suggesting that most LOI fans read this board and dislike Sporting Fingal because of what myself or Lamper posts? :D
    Back to shels with you and at least put some thought into your next post.
    I had a read through the shelsweb forum this morning and it took me ages to stop laughing. One lad thought shels could overturn the 1 goal in the second leg and go up, another thought that Sporting robbed Shels place in the premier, another thought we got a first division place after Cobh didnt get a licence, Leixlip red wishes death . I could go on but i think you get the message.
    Now i think we have every right to call some shels fans bitter dont you think seeing how they behave in defeat and its why i have no respect for Shels fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Yous got your place because Kilkenny went under, yous should have been playin the in A Championship. You shouldn't exist, it's not bitterness, it's hatred. It's hatred towards a club with no history or passion. Fingal beat us in the play-off and the fans walked out without a sound? Possible the greatest moment in Fungus history and the 'fans' walk out without even a bit of pride for their team apart from when the players came out to warm down I think there was a bit of an applause.

Quint wrote: »
    Funny reading that after reading your posts and some of lampers. And you wonder why most LoI fans have no respect for yous?

What ones are they? And please remember its me asking the question.

• Advertisement

Walsh wrote: »
    It's hatred towards a club with no history or passion.

What a load of rubbish.

Every club has to start somewhere. No passion? The club certainly has passion, especially in the way they play. The fan base is new and growing. In another 2-3 years time, they will have a strong fan base.

I love the way that LOI "fans" b*tch and moan about Sporting Fingal, especially because they're playing good football, winning games, getting promoted and have a chance to win the cup and play in Europe next season.

Some people need to grow up. Yeah, support your club, but there's no need to put down others.

Yous got your place because Kilkenny went under, yous should have been playin the in A Championship. You shouldn't exist, it's not bitterness, it's hatred. It's hatred towards a club with no history or passion. Fingal beat us in the play-off and the fans walked out without a sound? Possible the greatest moment in Fungus history and the 'fans' walk out without even a bit of pride for their team apart from when the players came out to warm down I think there was a bit of an applause.

What history did shelbourne and shamrock rovers have when they were formed in Ringsend?
    How long after your team formed did they reach a cup final?
    "Possible the greatest moment in Fungus history and the 'fans' walk out without even a bit of pride for their team apart from when the players came out to warm down I think there was a bit of an applause."

Rubbish as how could we walk out when we were kept back?
    You are pathetic and sad with your biterness and hatred towards a progressing club when yours is going backwards . Grow up and enjoy the few months before you struggle to get out of the first division again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Your hatred will bring us closer together and feed that passion further. Fingal v LOI. The game is over. The thread is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

What ones are they? And please remember its me asking the question.

This one:
    :pac:

Lets all laugh at shelbourne, lets all laugh at shelbourne la la lala

How many lads have been sent off for shels this year?

Dermot keelys tactics especially from what iv seen against us this year, is to go in hard on players and if you take the player as well then so be it. So give me a break.

Im delighted Keely has taken yous for another year. Good luck trying to get out of that division again playing hoofball against Bray, Derry and Waterford.

Things may not always go well for us but just knowing we kept you down one more season keeps me all warm inside.

I feel sorry for the decent fans of shels that some of there fans are so bitter and unfortunately paint their club in such a bad light because of this.

This is a thread about Fingal and Bray. Funny how shels lads always try to hijack a thread about us and spout anti fingal rubbish. Your embarrassing yourselves lads and im loving it.:pac: Good day to you sirs.

This one:

Which is in response to others who are starting the trolling. And the first part is what is called banter and also tongue and cheek. The rest is making some valid points to counter what is obviously people looking for a reaction.

A little different in tone to what others are posting. Dont you think?

You also said some. which implies there is more. If you can find any, where im deliberately trying to start a flame war and not just responding to trolls then fair enough. Please go ahead.

You imply im doing the same as others. I dont start any of this. I just respond to the nonsense. Learn the difference please.

Advertisement