Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone hear the havok Jedward causing in schools?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

funny article I spotted earlier on:

Grimesmania spirals out of control in local schools
    By Jack Lynch
    The principal of a county Limerick school, has banned all Jedward paraphernalia, stating that pictures, phones, and websites dedicate to the boys have been disrupting classes in the all girls primary school.
    Just around the corner from the home of the Grimes twins grandfather St Marys girls primary school issued a letter to the homes of all students. Contained in the letter was a warning, which stated:
    “The board of management of St Marys NS would like to remind parents that the use of mobile phones at school is strictly banned, if students continue to disobey these rules, phones will be confiscated, and students will be suspended.
    “It has also come to our attention that an excessive amount of material is being brought into classrooms by students, containing pictures, and articles about the X Factor twins John, and Edward, although we support the boys in the competition, this material is having a negative affect on classwork.
    “Teachers have reported girls attention levels to be diminishing, over excited behaviour, and apparent outbreaks of hysteria. We would appreciate if parents could prevent these materials from being brought into school, and remind children that school is a place of learning”.
    Commenting on recent behaviour and the letter posted to parents concerned principal Bartley O’Connor commented, ”It’s just crazy to be honest, these guys are disturbing classes, and teachers cannot get on with their classes. It seems that if pupils are not texting each other in class about them, they are passing notes, and pictures.
    “The students behavior is not anything I’ve seen since Beetlemania, one of our 6th class teachers discovered a very eloquent essay that one of the girls had written about her future with the twins, being married to both of them, it’s just not right for young girls. Another teacher discovered an x rated note that was being passed around the class with a list of things that girls would for the boys if they met them. “
    O’Connor says that the school need to bring an end to the pupils infatuation, and get back to learning.
    “I believe in supporting the boys, but if we don’t see some improvement in the pupils schoolwork and behavior, we are going to be forced to shorten classes, and lunchbreaks”, he says that at the moment the only way teachers have of controlling some classes is in short bursts of time.
    Meanwhile just a short distance from the school the Grimes Grandfather Kevin has been inundated with gifts, and presents for the boys.
    When asked his opinion of the what’s happening in the local school he says “ I think it’s great, children need to have fun, sure what’s wrong with a bit of fun. When I was a young lad we used all have an infatuation about a lovely young camogie player from Moyross called Aine, she was like an angel”.
    The Brothers Grime may have been saved by this weeks public vote, but only time will tell whether they are made of the stuff that can disrupt schools across the country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

where was that from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 beanzz

Mate emailed it, from some local paper I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Tell your mate about the enter key ;)

Good stuff Grandad Grimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The article looks like it was written by a transition year student.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Naos wrote: »
    Tell your mate about the enter key ;)
    And the possessive apostrophe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement