Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stress and unable to study anymore.

Options
  • 11-11-2009 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

hey all,

I am posting on behalf of a friend of mine, she completed her dip and is doing a further year extension as a degree. anyway, for the past 3 years she was a very good student, but in attendance and dedication to her course, she got very high grades, and got that Dip with flying colours..

anyway, fastforward a half a year, and she now finds herself unable to study, when she does study she doesnt feel she is learning anything as she cannot take the information on board. She is getting terribly bogged down and debating whether she is able to continue this year in this state of mind.

so, i have been trying to offer her some advice and support. I think its likely she will forfeit or defer the 2nd semester of the year on grounds of being "stressed and unfit for college at this point in time". She wants to complete college, but doesnt want to sacrafice her health in the process.
    So she will continue college, but it looks unlikey to be this year, and probably not the same location.

my questions to boards people are:
      can she defer the 2nd semester? (im sure the course/college is a factor here for this answer)
      could she be refunded, or part refunded for the year on grounds of sick leave from an examplary student?
      Have you any advice to give on how to overcome these problems?

Advertisement