Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a good camera - 350/400 quid

• 11-11-2009 5:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm not a big camera buff so just something that I can use to point and shoot.
    I had a FujiFilm FinePix s5700.
    It was good but then after a while it took a few seconds from button press to taking a shot.
    Maybe a Canon or Nikon.
    Cheers
    m

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hi Mathie,

Did you take a look at the sticky below? Lots of great advice. Also if you do a quick search of the forum you'll find numerous threads with lots of replies that should help narrow your search.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055557678

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

You've got loads of options. From Canon Ixus 990 IS, Canon Ixus 200 IS, Nikon Coolpix P6000. Depends what your requirements are. Are you looking for something small to fit in your pocket? Or something with a few more features to play with, like a bit of zoom. If it's just a compact I've heard good things about the canon Ixus range.

If you want something with a little features and allow for some inventive shots maybe a Bridge camera would suit better, but other members may be able to offer better advice there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Oh yeah, and read the thread Kintarō Hattori linked! It's very useful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭asgaard

If You are looking for something good for years and you can spend some cash buy Nikon D90 (semi-professional SLR) better and cheaper than D300. In my opinion that's great SLR camera so i can recommend it. If you want buy something cheaper choose another Nikon model, but don't forget to buy a good lense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

asgaard wrote: »
    If You are looking for something good for years and you can spend some cash buy Nikon D90 (semi-professional SLR) better and cheaper than D300. In my opinion that's great SLR camera so i can recommend it. If you want buy something cheaper choose another Nikon model, but don't forget to buy a good lense.

The D90 is just a weeeeeeee bit outside of his planned budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

lumix zx3/tz7

great cam

Advertisement