Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Systems Software

• 11-11-2009 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I have this systems software assignment that’s due and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to start it as I don’t have a clue what to do at all.

This is what has to be done:
    Write a program to read in two digits from the keyboard and display them on the seven-segment
    display. The first digit should be displayed on the left hand side of the seven-segment display and
    the second digit on the right. Your program should ignore any other keys pressed other than the
    numeric keys. The program should stop after the second digit has been entered and displayed.

I don’t want anyone to do the whole thing for me but it would be brilliant if someone could help me start it or tell me how to do it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭techguy

Hi,

It would be helpful if you told us what language you were coding this in! I'm going to assume its Assembly as I did this class before..

Have a look here..http://www.icpep.org/assembly-language-tutorial/

Just noticed the post date now, the deadline for this has probably passed by now. Oh well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Eros_Panties

I think I'm in your class... Ha ha. Was that assignment from Kevin Casey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Singlemania

Yea it was from Kevin Casey...

Advertisement