Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayor of Limerick wants deportation of EU-nationals

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

I'm German, living and working here for a good few years now.
    As an EU citizen I am entitled under EU law to stay here however long I please and I am legally entitled to claim any benefit I'm eligible for.
    If those benefits happen to be very generous (thank you very much), I'm not at fault.
    It's the silly money culture in Ireland, where teachers earn 60k and moving right along the line, Brian Cowen earns more than any leader of the free world!
    The irish have indulged in a blood orgy of rampant and obscene consumerism that has seen prices and salaries skyrocket beyound anywhere else in Europe and now you blame the mess on the people who with their hard work and expertise have helped build this country in the first place. You couldn't have done it without us.
    If suddenly the Mayor of Munchkintown decides he doesn't like that, it's his problem.
    I live here, there is nothing that gombeen b*stard can do about it, if he tried to deport me he'd have to explain himself to the EU and I wonder what that thick Mick would have to say for himself then!
    So, just this ONCE I get to say it:
    This is the law Mr Kiely and if you don't like, why don't YOU f*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

... if he tried to deport me he'd have to explain himself to the EU and I wonder what that thick Mick would have to say for himself then!

LOL - don't be too abusive now - he might be around to your door with a paddy wagon (or a 'thick mick' wagon) looking for your 'papers'! We know how that one goes.

Yeah you are right about the economic mess all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

As long as he leaves the girl working in Centra on William street alone I don't care what he does with the rest of them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

As an EU citizen I am entitled under EU law to stay here however long I please and I am legally entitled to claim any benefit I'm eligible for.
    If those benefits happen to be very generous (thank you very much), I'm not at fault.
    It's the silly money culture in Ireland, where teachers earn 60k and moving right along the line, Brian Cowen earns more than any leader of the free world!
    The irish have indulged in a blood orgy of rampant and obscene consumerism that has seen prices and salaries skyrocket beyound anywhere else in Europe and now you blame the mess on the people who with their hard work and expertise have helped build this country in the first place. You couldn't have done it without us.
    If suddenly the Mayor of Munchkintown decides he doesn't like that, it's his problem.
    I live here, there is nothing that gombeen b*stard can do about it, if he tried to deport me he'd have to explain himself to the EU and I wonder what that thick Mick would have to say for himself then!
    Where are the mods now.If I was to call this german a nazi cu*t you'd be up in arms but it's alright for this immigrant to insult our mayor?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Nice. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

allimac wrote: »
    Where are the mods now.If I was to call this german a nazi cu*t you'd be up in arms but it's alright for this immigrant to insult our mayor?

So report him by PM to the mods, don't just complain about it on the thread, waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Who says we aren't reading?

jochenstacker's words may be harsh (understatement of the year!), but they represent the other side of the coin.

By the way, if you think Kevin Kiely's recommendations here are ever going to be taken seriously by anyone who matters, then you're very naive. This is a storm in a teacup, and will never amount to anything (IMO, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

it's alright for this immigrant to insult our mayor?
    Is it alright if I do it?

Kiely is a ****ing idiot, ignorant, populist, and for the most part entirely devoid of use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

... but it's alright for this immigrant to insult our mayor?

yes, why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

dude if anything ur been more abusive than him. kiely slagged him first:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If you called the poster that, you would hopefully be given a permanent ban from this site.

The poster is spot on in what he/she said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

by calling Irish people micks its obvious that your not very thankful for all the decent Irish people in this country that do treat you with respect, so maybe you should fu*k back off to Germany???

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

70 million euro a year is sent from Ireland to eastern europe for child benefit... sure we're a soft touch us Irish;)

jochenstacker is right with what they are saying. just wish they didnt use certain words like micks. and if they toned down the language a bit then noone could disagree. that been said they are totally right. Kiely's statement is that of an idiot. all these "facts" about so much cash going to europe is all made upo crap dreampt up by racists.

why should they f#uck off back to germany after working here years. they have a right to be pissed with what kiely said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Paulegend wrote: »
    jochenstacker is right with what they are saying. just wish they didnt use certain words like micks. and if they toned down the language a bit then noone could disagree. that been said they are totally right. Kiely's statement is that of an idiot. all these "facts" about so much cash going to europe is all made upo crap dreampt up by racists.

why should they f#uck off back to germany after working here years. they have a right to be pissed with what kiely said

he still shouldn't use the work mick, i dont care if hes pissed off at Kiely calling him a mick insults all Irish people and not just Kiely and its racism, as a previous poster said if we called him a Nazi that wouldn't be right (which it wouldn't) but if he can call us a micks because hes pissed off with kiely can we call him a nazi because were pissed off with Hitler? or a black person a ****** because were pissed off with obama? i think not!

he still shouldn't use the work mick, i dont care if hes pissed off at Kiely calling him a mick insults all Irish people and not just Kiely and its racism, as a previous poster said if we called him a Nazi that wouldn't be right (which it wouldn't) but if he can call us a micks because hes pissed off with kiely can we call him a nazi because were pissed off with Hitler? or a black person a ****** because were pissed off with obama? i think not!

Oh so it is offensive for him to use the word mick? Maybe it is, but I did not see many being offended by the comments earlier in this thread that the mods had to clean up. Or was it ok for insults towards a nationality to be said when it was aimed at non-Irish?

And there is a big difference between calling an Irish person a mick and calling a German a nazi.

Calling a German a kraut would be a similar level of insult as calling an Irish person a mick.

Calling a German a nazi is about as ignorant as non Irish just saying we are all IRA terrorists in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

by calling Irish people micks its obvious that your not very thankful for all the decent Irish people in this country that do treat you with respect, so maybe you should fu*k back off to civilisation???

fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭strathspey

JP Liz wrote: »
    I guess this recession is making everyone think charity begins at home and Ireland has been very generous

Oh, lets just forget that Germany is keeping this miserable mud island afloat by bankroling our bankcrupt economy. I just don't understand why the German population puts up with inept coutries like Ireland, Greece and Portugal.

Fair play to him i think this is a great idea!!!

How about this for a suggestion, then: Why doesn't Ireland deport all the tens of thousands non-Irish, however in exchange Ireland must accept all the millions of Irish citizens scattered around the world.

_michelle_ wrote: »
    i can name a few,
    lone parents, jsa/jsb & disability are 3 of them.
    it is madness to think we should support non-nationals BEFORE OUR OWN!!!!!
    i fully agree with the mayor & believe we need more like him & maybe our country wouldnt be in such a mess!

May I suggest that the EU, aka Germany, stop financially supporting Ireland and let it sink into the depths of the Atlantic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

strathspey wrote: »
    May I suggest that the EU, aka Germany, stop financially supporting Ireland and let it sink into the depths of the Atlantic!

but first let them take back what they put in.
    back to the days of donkey carts on O'Connell St!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

I really wish people would understand what racism is before using the word

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Quite a bit of self-hatred and negativity going on here.

O MY GOD HE HAS DONE IT AGAIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IduymRzzX4&feature=related

for some reason i cant embed the link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I'm ashamed to have Mayor Kiely hold Public Office in the City - He is almost the worst possible Public Representative you can imagine, with the worst being a Bishop who liked to look the other way on decades of horrific Child sexual abuse by his sick Clergy.

- I'd sooner have our Immigrants, who seem to be almost entirely decent, hard working, family orientated and honest than a thick half-arséd Politician who somehow seems to be consistently able to make him self seem like a real standout Candidate in the Gobshíte stakes despite being surrounded by a plethora of other thick half-arséd Politicians........

Its loud-mouthed Scum like Kiely who kicked off Limerick's Pogrom link, I personally think that his 'apology' was an empty gesture forced on the Fool by Enda Kenny and he should step down - He's just too 1904 for a Progressive City such as Limerick might someday become.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

Ok, call me a Kraut I don't mind.
    I would like to say that when I use terms like "Oirish", "Mick", "Gombeen", "Thick" and many more that are not as polite I refer to Irish politics.
    In my time here I have met a great many intelligent, shrewd (not a bad thing), switched on people. I am also not making a comparison between Ireland and Germany, I've been here so long I honestly don't know what goes on back there anymore.
    Sadly none of these great people seem to make it into politics, or at least not into the very frontlines of politics.
    My theory is that in the 80's all the intelligent, educated, capable people had to move out of Ireland. That left all the thick, ignorant people with pull to run the country.
    That hasn't changed, the current bunch is nothing but the runts of the litter from the Haughy era.
    That goes for all parties, except the Greens who started out with an ideal at some point (or maybe not) who now have become nothing but FF whores who'll bend over the mahogany desk to take it, just as long as the desk is mahogany.
    This country could be right up there with Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, to name but a few small countries that made it big.
    THE IRISH DESERVE BETTER!
    There are no terms to describe the current bunch of wasters running the country and don't bother voting for the other lot, they're just as bad (but you're smart enough to know that)
    Ireland has made it big and the problems here are not unique in the world.
    But the Government knew as early as 06 that this boom will of course come crashing down.
    But instead of preparing for the inevitable they put the foot down so the economy could climb ever higher with the full knowledge that at the very top we'd run out and have so much further to crash than everyone else.
    And now blame the foreigners. I'm not even surprised, I was expecting it and that is a sad reflection on Irish politics.
    Wasters, Idiots and thick b*stards, it's not even an Irish thing, politicians are thick everywhere, but if they get up to the usual lies and corruption elsewhere they get fired.

Ok, call me a Kraut I don't mind.
    I would like to say that when I use terms like "Oirish", "Mick", "Gombeen", "Thick" and many more that are not as polite I refer to Irish politics.
    In my time here I have met a great many intelligent, shrewd (not a bad thing), switched on people. I am also not making a comparison between Ireland and Germany, I've been here so long I honestly don't know what goes on back there anymore.
    Sadly none of these great people seem to make it into politics, or at least not into the very frontlines of politics.
    My theory is that in the 80's all the intelligent, educated, capable people had to move out of Ireland. That left all the thick, ignorant people with pull to run the country.
    That hasn't changed, the current bunch is nothing but the runts of the litter from the Haughy era.
    That goes for all parties, except the Greens who started out with an ideal at some point (or maybe not) who now have become nothing but FF whores who'll bend over the mahogany desk to take it, just as long as the desk is mahogany.
    This country could be right up there with Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, to name but a few small countries that made it big.
    THE IRISH DESERVE BETTER!
    There are no terms to describe the current bunch of wasters running the country and don't bother voting for the other lot, they're just as bad (but you're smart enough to know that)
    Ireland has made it big and the problems here are not unique in the world.
    But the Government knew as early as 06 that this boom will of course come crashing down.
    But instead of preparing for the inevitable they put the foot down so the economy could climb ever higher with the full knowledge that at the very top we'd run out and have so much further to crash than everyone else.
    And now blame the foreigners. I'm not even surprised, I was expecting it and that is a sad reflection on Irish politics.
    Wasters, Idiots and thick b*stards, it's not even an Irish thing, politicians are thick everywhere, but if they get up to the usual lies and corruption elsewhere they get fired.

Cannot disagree with anything there.

Interesting username btw, an ironic pun or just a term you like?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

Who said they can? EU nationals have to have accumulated the required number of weeks work before they can get anything from social welfare.

Wrong. They are not entitled to Jobseekers Benefit until they have made two years worth of contributions, but they are entitled to Jobseekers Allowance once they are resident in the state. Once they have a PPS number they are entitled to child benefit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

The man is only saying what everyone is thinking.

Irish Times

THE VAST majority (72 per cent) of people want to see a reduction in the number of non-irish immigrants living here, according to an Irish Times Behaviour Attitudes opinion.

http://pavee.ie/mediamonitor/?p=2574

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

PaulieD wrote: »
    Wrong. They are not entitled to Jobseekers Benefit until they have made two years worth of contributions, but they are entitled to Jobseekers Allowance once they are resident in the state. Once they have a PPS number they are entitled to child benefit.

Wrong.
    Rules

To get Jobseeker's Allowance you must:

* Be unemployed
    * Be over 18 and under 66 years of age
    * Be capable of work
    * Be available for and genuinely seeking work
    * Satisfy the means test
    * Meet the Habitual Residence Condition.

that comes from the Citizen Info website

you can read more at http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/habres.aspx

Advertisement