Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayor of Limerick wants deportation of EU-nationals

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Paulegend wrote: »
    thank god somebody that actually is clever. maybe they are also clever enough to figure out that you can say the exact same thing about foreigners in this country

Yes I could say the same thing and so have many others on this thread. If only the others were clever enough to figure out that they could say the same thing about Irish people then it would be a perfect world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Yes I could say the same thing and so have many others on this thread. If only the others were clever enough to figure out that they could say the same thing about Irish people then it would be a perfect world.

i gotta agree with you there. i just dont think we should be bashing the foreigners or the irish

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

So in summary, everyone's to blame.

/thread

zuroph wrote: »

/thread

Yes

and

Yes

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Especially the students.

• Advertisement

concussion wrote: »
    Especially the students.
    Especially the students.

Especially the students.

Students, especially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭b12mearse

i am talking about ireland

if we are sending the foreigners home why wouldnt foreign countries send the irish home

what makes you think the rest of the world give a dam about us

i think we have been more than fare when it comes to accommodating and welcoming foreign workers.
    i think they might understand that ireland is going through a tough time.

why continue to waste tax payers money on unemployed foreigners? we're getting nothing in return.

b12mearse wrote: »
    why continue to waste tax payers money on unemployed foreigners? we're getting nothing in return.

Because they have worked for long enough to be eligible for welfare. Sure, we could do what you suggest, but we'd have to change the requirements to

"Must have worked x amount in the tax year prior to the claim (if Irish). If you haven't worked the minimum (or you're a dirty foreigner), you can fcuk off home"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭b12mearse

Because they have worked for long enough to be eligible for welfare. Sure, we could do what you suggest, but we'd have to change the requirements to

"Must have worked x amount in the tax year prior to the claim (if Irish). If you haven't worked the minimum (or you're a dirty foreigner), you can fcuk off home"

what the hell are you talking about?
    why are you trying to drag this dicussion into something else?

• Advertisement

I didn't drag it anywhere. If non-Irish are able to claim the dole it is because they have enough stamps to do so. To have those stamps they must have worked in the previous (or possibly the one before) tax year. What this boils down to is, if foreign workers are getting welfare it is because they deserve it just as much as Irish workers. To refuse them would be xenophobic, pure and simple.

An example. I couldn't get a job over the summer a few years ago and I applied for welfare. I couldn't receive it becase I had travelled in Australia two years prior and as a result had not worked in Ireland. Did I kick up hell over it? No, those are the rules.

there are 2 types of payments(this was already posted but i wanna make a point

To get Jobseeker's Allowance you must:

To qualify for Jobseeker's Benefit you must:
    • Be unemployed (you must be fully unemployed or unemployed for at least 3 days in 6)
    • Be under 66 years of age
    • Have enough social insurance (PRSI) contributions
    • Be capable of work
    • Be available for and genuinely seeking work
    • Have a substantial loss of employment and as a result be unemployed for at least 3 days in 6.

why is this not fair enough to people. anyone who meets the criteria obviously deserves help. there are people(both irish and foreign) who take advantage and therefore are commiting fraud!!!!

if an irish lad goes to work abroad and finds themselves unemployed they will also find that welfare can help them also.

this isnt just something that happens here. its just the narrow mindedness of some people who start thinking "its my ball you cant play".

hey mods, can we get a poll on this thread???
    something like do foriegn workers deserve socail welfare after working here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

there are 2 types of payments(this was already posted but i wanna make a point

To get Jobseeker's Allowance you must:

you forgot to highlight this as well

something like do foriegn workers deserve socail welfare after working here.
    what for? that will not change a thing, and what you really will be asking is "Do you thing thosa damn foreigners deserve our money, or should we keep it to fix our problems with our inability to address the issues in correct times"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

its DOLE.

BobDole.jpg

YES ITS ME.

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    you forgot to highlight this as well

Forgot to highlight it? It's underlined and in a different colour :cool:

Must meet Habitual Residence Condition - i.e., they must have spent a certain amount of time in-country and have worked during that time. This shows even more that once someone is in receipt of benefits they deserve it to have it as they have spent time working in Ireland - whether they're Irish or not.

yea i did kinda forget to highlight it. the onle reason it was in blue is because of the copy and paste:D

good point on the poll. i mean whats the point if some people here are just set in their ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

From the age of 6 every night I would earnestly pray to Mary, Jesus and the braying Donkey (Bishop Murray) - I would bow my head, close my eyes and asked solemnly that Eire might some day be filled with hot, curvy, friendly Women that loved nothing more than drinking 8 pints of beer and having hours of uninhibited, joyous casual sex.

God loves good honest shít like this and soon agreed - In time his constant negative pressure on the economies of Latvia, Lithuania, Poland etc. made my dreams come true.

- We owe a debt to all of the Ladies of Eastern Europe my Friends and I for one recognise that sometimes the Lord God pays our debts via the Social Welfare system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

*rolls around on ground with split sides*:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

maybe folks have more of a problem with "foreigners" who go back home, but are still claiming the dole from here.

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

I have a problem with ANYONE who submits false claims. What is it with people constantly trying to make a racial issue out of this?

If someone is eligible for welfare - they should get it.
    If someone is ineligible for welfare - they shouldn't get it.

I don't care if they're black, brown, white, green, Irish or non-Irish.

Wait a minute, green??

• Advertisement

I have a problem with ANYONE who submits false claims. What is it with people constantly trying to make a racial issue out of this?

If someone is eligible for welfare - they should get it.
    If someone is ineligible for welfare - they shouldn't get it.

I don't care if they're black, brown, white, green, Irish or non-Irish.

Wait a minute, green??

they could be green................... maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

they could be green................... maybe

The Hulk is claiming welfare?

Times must be tough at Marvel.:D

Kess73 wrote: »
    The Hulk is claiming welfare?

Times must be tough at Marvel.:D

i even seen The Mask queing up last week outside the dole office:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Over half of the social welfare fraudsters highlighted on primetime on monday were foreigners,perhaps these are the people Kevin Kiely was referring to before he was silenced by enda?

no. He said any foreign national who hadn't secured work in 3 months. He demonstrated a basic lack of knowledge in how social welfare works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

allimac wrote: »
    Over half of the social welfare fraudsters highlighted on primetime on monday were foreigners,perhaps these are the people Kevin Kiely was referring to before he was silenced by enda?

and probably because of that most of the people watching this got the wrong impression that it's the same in real world. and of course nobody cared ti mention whether it is or not - I'd call it slick at least...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

I'm German, living and working here for a good few years now.
    As an EU citizen I am entitled under EU law to stay here however long I please and I am legally entitled to claim any benefit I'm eligible for.
    If those benefits happen to be very generous (thank you very much), I'm not at fault.
    It's the silly money culture in Ireland, where teachers earn 60k and moving right along the line, Brian Cowen earns more than any leader of the free world!
    The irish have indulged in a blood orgy of rampant and obscene consumerism that has seen prices and salaries skyrocket beyound anywhere else in Europe and now you blame the mess on the people who with their hard work and expertise have helped build this country in the first place. You couldn't have done it without us.
    If suddenly the Mayor of Munchkintown decides he doesn't like that, it's his problem.
    I live here, there is nothing that gombeen b*stard can do about it, if he tried to deport me he'd have to explain himself to the EU and I wonder what that thick Mick would have to say for himself then!
    So, just this ONCE I get to say it:
    This is the law Mr Kiely and if you don't like, why don't YOU f*ck off.

Interesting to see that nothing was done about this. Nigel Farage was banned permanently for a similar comment. It would be nice if there was some level of consistency on boards.ie.

Advertisement