Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malahide Via Duct to re-open next Monday

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

I went back on the train this morning, butting have a good bus option is great. I really really hope they keep it up - i will buy a bus and rail pass if they do.
    It'd just be a pain in the arse to add the bus option just for them to cancel the 33x again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

ragg wrote: »
    It'd just be a pain in the arse to add the bus option just for them to cancel the 33x again
    Agreed, my rail ticket is up at the end of January and for an extra €7 a month, the option of a good reliable bus service would be well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Vico1612 wrote: »
    From AA Roadwatch :

TRAVEL NEWS* *IRISH RAIL* There are 10min delays both ways on the northern commuter line due to signalling restrictions.

The M1 was pants this morning ... 55 mins from Balbriggan to the Port Tunnel :mad:

You did well! Took me over an hour and a half from Laytown!!

Really hope they keep the better bus service too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

LaFleur wrote: »
    How was it for most others this morning?

Around 50 minutes from Skerries to Connolly alright. Plenty of seats though. :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Khannie wrote: »
    Around 50 minutes from Skerries to Connolly alright. Plenty of seats though. :)
    You missed a lovely cycle ride in this morning Khannie (40 kph headwind and torrential rain - have just about dried out in time for the return journey):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

There was a 'signal block' this morning between Skerries and Donabate. All services were delayed 10-25 minutes (don't mind AA Roadwatch with their 10 mins, although they did better then IE, who had no mention of it on their website).
    Also the platform displays were still assuming only services to Donabate were running, so they were all wrong. No announcements either to inform passengers.
    And finally, when I checked the IE website this morning (it's been so long I could not remember the departure times), I see they have removed all the suburban stations from the Dart and Suburban Realtime planner! Great idea. I rang IE to check same this afternoon, and they told me it never was there in the first place. I persisted, as I use this to check the real times (especially in the evening), and they said they would investigate.
    Things had improved this evening, but all the displays were turned off, just like one of the days last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I heard Barry Kenny on the radio today and I really got the impression he was spoofing. He was speaking about rust on some points. Dont know but every morning over the last 3 weeks I have seen trains going over the estuary at Rogerstown so its not as if all the tracks were out of use all the time.

Beats me how anyone can go back on a train where you will have people coughing and sneezing all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭squonk

LeoB wrote: »
    I

Beats me how anyone can go back on a train where you will have people coughing and sneezing all over the place.

Agreed! The one thing I'll say about the bus is that it doesn't feel like some sort of medical experiment where you're bombarded with lots of sniffly people in close proximity to you in a poorly ventilated carriage. At times I've been sneezed on on the trains by idiots who couldn't grasp the simple idea that you've to put your hand up to your nose/mouth if & when you have a cold. I really have no desire to go back on the trains and am enjoying the bus so far. I hope it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

NOTE THAT THE 33D NOW OPERATES TO/FROM PORTRANE

From Monday 16th November to Friday 20th November the following times will operate on Routes 33x and 33d. The following week the service will be revised to take account of customer demand and revised times will be available here.

Updated 16th November 08:00.

33x Skerries/Rush & Lusk

Additional 33x services will operate Monday to Friday from Mourne View, Skerries via the M1 and the Port Tunnel to Tara Street DART Station/St. Stephen's Green. Return journeys will depart from Custom House Quay.

Monday to Friday
    From Mourne View (Skerries, via Rush & Lusk) to Tara St. DART Station

06:30s, 06:40s, 06:50s, 07:00s,
    07:10s, 07:20s, 07:30s, 07:45,
    08:00, 08:15, 08:30, 08:45,
    09:00.
    s - To St. Stephen's Green

From Custom House Quay to Skerries/Rush & Lusk
    07:50, 16:00, 16:15, 16:30,
    16:40, 16:50, 17:00, 17:10,
    17:20, 17:30, 17:40, 17:50,
    18:00.

Route 33d – Seaview Portrane via Donabate to Tara Street DART Station
    This service will operate Monday to Friday from Seaview Portrane via Donabate, the M1 and the Port Tunnel to Tara Street DART Station.

Monday to Friday
    From Seaview Portrane

07:10, 07:30, 07:50, 08:10.

From Custom House Quay
    17:00, 17:20, 17:40, 18:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=575
    "Thank You" Northern Line Commuter & Intercity Promotion by Marketing Department

Iarnród Éireann is pleased to announce special fares to mark the reopening of the Northern line and the resumption of Cross Border Enterprise services from Monday 23rd November 2009 to Sunday 3rd January 2010 Inclusive.

Intercity: Intercity Dublin Connolly to Belfast
    * €20 Adult Day Return
    * €50 Family Day Return tickets (up to 2 Adults & up to 4 Children may travel on this ticket)

Intercity: Drogheda/Dundalk to Belfast
    * €10 Adult Day Return fare from Drogheda/ Dundalk to Belfast

Commuter: Dublin/ Drogheda/ Dundalk
    * €10 Adult Day Return fare is available between Dublin Connolly and Dundalk including all intermediary stations in both directions. No time or exclusion days of travel.

The "small print" (Terms & conditions):
    * These fares are available from relevant booking offices and station Ticket Vending Machines from Monday, 23rd November.
    * These promotional fares are available all day every day – no ’time’ or ‘day of travel’ restrictions apply.
    * Intercity fares are also available online or on telesales 1850 366 222.

Iarnród Éireann apologises to customers for the disruption caused since 21st August to services on this route.

We very much appreciate the patience, understanding and co-operation of customers during this time, particularly with regard to the alternative services provided.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

Intercity: Intercity Dublin Connolly to Belfast
    * €20 Adult Day Return

and translink are doing the same for £7.50 :rolleyes:

Advertisement