Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increasing calorie intake

Options
  • 11-11-2009 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

First time posting but I've lurked on several forums on boards.ie:D for a long time.

Anyway, I've been trying to increase my calorie intake. I'm having trouble getting in enough calories during the day.

I was hoping some of you could recommend relatively healthy foods with large amounts of calories.

Some recommendations covering breakfast, lunch, dinner, general snacks would be great.

I'm particularly interested in good lunch and snack recommendations.

Thanks in advance and all that jazz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

It would help if you gave us some idea of what you are eating now. However, something like peanut butter (natural if possible) is a very easy way to shove in a lot of reasonably health calories.

It's easier to drink extra calories than to eat them, hence the danger of places like Starbucks where a large latte with a couple of extras can easily run 300 cals plus. A protein supplement, like whey, as a snack can get in some quality calories.

If you are eating a lot of white fish, try going for salmon or mackerel. More calories, all in the form of extremely desirable fish oil.

Advertisement