Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Canon XH-A1s?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

After much research, I believe this is the camera for me. Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good seller? I'd appreciate some decent after sales service if something goes wrong with it.

I'm doing my best to avoid the cheapest sellers as I really do not want to get fobbed around after dropping ~3k.

I've considered an NTSC model (everything will go through my NLE) but figure it wouldn't be worth the hassle for the money saved.

Thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

pixamia do a pal version for Eur3836

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/r/xha1

I've got an XHA1 and am very happy with it - except for the release of XHA1S a month later:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Thanks Reece, sorry you missed out on the 's' model!

I've found these guys through Amazon, Digital-4-U, with a very competitively priced XH-A1s @ ~ €2,900.

Their Ebay and Amazon feedback scores are top notch too.

Looks like I found myself a bargain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

cheers for the link - i bookmarked it for the future. Only thing I'm p-ed off about is not being able to focus while zooming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

reece wrote: »
    pixamia do a pal version for Eur3836

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/r/xha1

I've got an XHA1 and am very happy with it - except for the release of XHA1S a month later:)

WARNING WARNING WARNING
    AVOID AVOID AVOID

STAY CLEAR OF PIXMANIA,,,,,

SEARCH FOR REVIEWS FROM OTHER CUSTOMERS ONLINE,,,,,,,,,,,,

TOTAL COWBOYS

WARNING WARNING WARNING
    AVOID AVOID AVOID

STAY CLEAR OF PIXMANIA,,,,,

SEARCH FOR REVIEWS FROM OTHER CUSTOMERS ONLINE,,,,,,,,,,,,

TOTAL COWBOYS

NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM BEFORE
    TBH

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭ana_conda

I imported mine from a shop on ebay . the shop is based in china so i know... a little worrying (i was very worried!) but it was great

Digital Rev i think they were called I saved myself over a grand! 2700 euro in town it was 3600!

Only thing you need to be careful of is importation tax they will screw you here. I imported my camera to my boyfriend house in scotland and If i had to pay on vat on it in the uk they company promised to re emburse me which they did 70 sterling. They wouldnt make the same promise with ireland i'm gessing because of our high importation tax

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/DigitalRev-Photography-Shop

good luck

Thanks but I went with Digital-4-U for 2900 and will have it delivered next week :)

Fantastic company to deal with, it's been smooth sailing so far.

Just to let everyone know that this company were fantastic to deal with. Can't recommend them highly enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

m83 wrote: »
    NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM BEFORE
    TBH

:confused:

Same here. I've bought umpteen things from them. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Same here. I've bought umpteen things from them. Excellent.

I find them VERY expensive compared to anyone else. Just look at the difference the OP paid and the price Pixmania wanted. But it's your money....

BTW: I have two of these cameras and they are great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Try www.camerakit.ie

I got my cam there.

Good after sales service.

Advertisement