Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asparagus in Galway, where?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some place where I can buy some fresh asparagus. Aldi and Lidl doesn't have them...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

I've occasionally seen it in Aldi, think it may have been on offer though...
    They should definitely have it in tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Yup, they deffo do it in Tesco; Marks and Spencer do it too. I'm sure some of the independent veg shops do it too; think I've seen it in the little one on Mary street before aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

It's not exactly in season at the moment, so you might have a problem. Will probably back in the shops closer to Christmas, but is likely to come from Peru or somewhere in Africa :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

It's not exactly in season at the moment, so you might have a problem. Will probably back in the shops closer to Christmas, but is likely to come from Peru or somewhere in Africa :eek:
    Probably from China. They have the biggest asparagus production in the world. Could be Chile or Peru as you said as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

mc cambridges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

Tesco, Mortons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Cadiz wrote: »
    Tesco, Mortons?
    Mortons? Never heard of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

It's in Salthill (a long way to go fer asparagus if it's not near you!). Tesco or Marks should have..

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

WooPeeA wrote: »
    Mortons? Never heard of that.

It's a food shop in Salthill, where the Upper Salthill Road meets the Lower Salthill Road, across from the 24 hour petrol station.

It's a nice shop, nice veg, I got a big head of Kale there for 99c the other day :)

EDIT: Cadiz got in there first! Ah, we're all so helpful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Dunnes Briarhill has them, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Asparagus in November? You'd be better off waiting till summer and eating something that's more in season.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Adli yesterday for 89c per bunch
    Tesco about twice the price I think. Got some last week in Tesco and it was yummmy.

Aldi are usually the cheapest and they sometimes sell it in the 89c sale thingy that they do.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Ernies on Sea Road might do it.Its just up from the Crane bar.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

carmex21 wrote: »
    Adli yesterday for 89c per bunch
    Tesco about twice the price I think. Got some last week in Tesco and it was yummmy.

Aldi are usually the cheapest and they sometimes sell it in the 89c sale thingy that they do.....

Actual fruit and veg places are usually cheaper than aldi....just an FYI for the future. The fella who has a sort of booth in the eyre sq/corbett court shopping centre from thurs-sat has some excellent produce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Any Dunnes Stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

so basically everywhere! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

Yes but they don't last. I was them yesterday night at Tesco.

Advertisement