Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lyrica, Cymbalta, Zyprexa and Meptid for Fibromyalgia

Options
  • 11-11-2009 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi and apologies for reposting this into a new thready but I just wanted any feedback re lyrica and cymbalta and didn't get anything on an older one.

I'm on lyrica 200mg twice daily, cymbalta 120mg twice daily, zyprexa 2.5mg a few hours before bedtime (was on a higher dose but slept loads during the day too). Now there has been a significant improvement in my pain over the last number of months but the last week has been hell for me and now i'm on meptid 200mg 4 times a day to help with pain. But i'm still not sleeping well. Have very unsettled sleep and wake up feeling unrested.

Major weight gain which has really upset me as i had been losing weight steadily when i was neurontin but it didn't help too well.

So i'm thinking i'm on a huge amount of drugs and i'm worried that it's just another step on the scale of getting worse. I'm worried about getting more ill and of course that ensures i don't sleep and then makes me worse. Vicious cycle.

My psychotherapist prescribed the cymbalta but i've stopped going to him as I felt that €120 for half an hour a fortnight was just too much for what i was getting out of it. My parents were paying for it as I can't afford it on illness benefit.

Now i'm awaiting a biopsy on a lump on my tongue and that's making things a lot more difficult. My parents again are offering to pay for me to go private but this ensures i have more and more guilt around my health and the fact that I feel in their eyes i've just been sitting on my ass for a year getting fat. It's not what they think and they're very supportive but of course my mind goes into overdrive. It's hell at the moment. I'm just thinking the worst on every situation.

My GP was worried about my cymbalta dosage but i do feel somewhat better on it. But I'm not sure if I should reduce it or whatever. My sister got infuriated when she found out i was on meptid and suggested i try 'alternative methods' of pain relief. I looked at her so upset that she didn't understand that when I do have pain it's all i can do to get out of bed.

My GP asked me a few weeks ago what level my pain was at... I was a 10 last October. I told him a 4 and it was heaven... Should I expect the pain level to reduce more than 4? or should I not raise my expectations for fear of disappointment? I'm back at 9 or 10 again and it's so infuriating.

I'm sorry if this is a rambling post but as you can tell i'm a little all over the place at the minute. Deciding whether or not to go back to work *not doing what I did as it was highly stressful and I burned out*, but something to focus on and to get me back into the real world?

Does any of this make sense?

Thanks for listening.

Advertisement