Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patching Wave 4 To Wave 3

Options
  • 11-11-2009 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

What's the easiest way to do it? I tried out one way earlier and I ended up with a coaster. :(

I'm thinking of trying out another way but I don't want to waste anymore discs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

What's the easiest way to do it? I tried out one way earlier and I ended up with a coaster. :(

I'm thinking of trying out another way but I don't want to waste anymore discs.

why would you want to do that? booting with activate.iso takes 5 more seconds than usual and the new iXtreme LT is just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Patching a Wave4 game to be a Wave3 could result in a banning - there is a reason why abgx and other tools verify the wave partition sizes to make sure they correspond with the original game.

As said above, use a one-shot boot DVD (Activate.iso), patch to 1.61 if you can, or just wait it out. I can patch to 1.61 but I'm not going to until abgx is updated. Paranoia? Perhaps, but better safe than sorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

New abga is out now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 overide13

Pretty sure that IXtreme 1.6 WONT load wave4 games that are patched to wave3 due to strick anti ban tactics - just use activate or get 1.61 (if its a lite on it should be out soon, allready out on other drives)

as far as i know you wont have to use the probe to dump the dummy file again
    it will just read it with JF

Advertisement