Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much cumin

Options
  • 11-11-2009 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there anything you can use to balance out a dish you have added to much cumin too?

Comments

Sitric wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there anything you can use to balance out a dish you have added to much cumin too?

If it is a sauce, I'd dump half of it and start adding liquidy things again.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Sitric

Thanks,

I've already tried that, might have to dump another quarter!

Was hoping there might be a trick like fixing something too salty by adding a bit of sugar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A bit of goin goes well to blend with it.
    Can't beat some cumin and goin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

It's not the going he's worried about, it's the cumin

superbad_movie_mclovin_with_cops.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭niall_belfast

I'm not sure whether this would work with cumin but, if you put too much salt in, adding a whole, peeled potato and keeping the saucepan on the heat removes the salt.. Maybe worth a go?

Failing that, I'd just increase the quantities of the other ingredients..

Good luck - and make sure you tell us how you got on ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Sitric

Thanks Niall, advice was too late for me this time i'm afraid!

It was a rice, chicken and tomato casserole/stew dealy and it was dreadful, way too overpowering. It was amazing cold the next day though!

Though I hasten to add, not as amazing as the jokes above!

Advertisement