Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get cardboard boxes needed for moving house?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Anybody know where is good to get used cardboard boxes for moving house, i tried Lidl, Aldi, Tesco, Power City, M&S but they didnt have any or were not very helpful. I travel between Blackrock in sth Dub to Malahide in nth Dub these days so somewhere between them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Try your local fruit & veg. shop - apple boxes & banana boxes are ideal for storing stuff. Get them with the lids and base and you will also be able to stack them.
    Top tip - get fairly large (A5) size blank labels and stick one at side of box lid - write down what is inside the box and for what room - eg KITCHEN - LARGE PLATES.
    This will save you hours of wondering "whats where".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Argos have various sets like this one. A bit pricey mind.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭wall

I`ll try superquinn tomorrow, i got banana boxes from them before and they are a good size and free. Its just to get there at the right time when boxes are empty but not yet crushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

You can, I think, hire crates from the moving companies, if this is of any use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 shamama

Last weekend Woodies had boxes outside for poeple to collect...not sure if they do it all the time though. I bought the box set at Argos, sturdy boxes although bubble wrap included wrapped maybe 5 things. And the set of 10 file boxes are crap, of books are too heave they fall through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

i am in process of movin house and i went into my local spar and asked them for boxes, also was able to take some frm work - ie printers & cartridges been delivered and i just took the boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Advertisement