Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road works main st, wats going on and for how long?

Options
  • 11-11-2009 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

does anyone know whats it all for and for how long? dont think it will look too good at Christmas and the traffic lights are going to be a lot of hassel for xmas shoppers!!! i heard its going to be until the end of January!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 littlemaxi

On the same subject.. does anyone know how long more they will be digging up Killincarrig Crossroads? Its a nightmare morning and evening and am getting madder and madder :mad::mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I have no idea whats actually going on but it doesnt look as though its about to clear up any time soon. With all the mess left there too, its pretty much impossible to see what work is actually being done. All I know is my bus stop is about 2ft. taller than it used to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

i understand its for an "interchange", a fancy name for a crossing. I think some overhead cables are also being routed underground.

I agree with Stan90 re the timing of it, crazy scheduling the works coming up to christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

It's scheduled to finish a week before Christmas. So should be some time around late January then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

"public transport interchange" with pedestrian crossings etc. no details on the wicklow co co website even though they have drawings of the much smaller project planned for Park Lane. I presume it involves removing some parking to make more space for buses to pull in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭sagat

Putting the cables underground would be huge, the overhead cables look very shabby and most town centres did away with them years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I remember seeing a map on Wicklow.ie somewhere but can't find it...but on etenders the description of the work is:

The works generally consist of the following :-
    Construction of granite paved pedestrian areas
    Public lighting
    removal of existing ESB and light poles, bus shelter, road signs, street furniture
    Construction of underground ESB ducting
    Construction of one raised cobbled surfaced signal controlled pedestrian crossing, three raised cobble surfaced uncontrolled pedestrian crossing all with tactile paving, road pavement planning and overlay
    Construction of cobbled bus bays, cobbled taxi bay and cobbled parking bays
    Installation of a bus shelter and a bicycle shelter
    Planning semi mature trees
    Associates road and footpath drainage works

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Jammyc wrote: »
    All I know is my bus stop is about 2ft. taller than it used to be!

Reading the timetable is slightly tricky all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mjmorrisroe

Why does a small project like this take so bloody long...? They're taking the piss with our hard earned taxes again... Out, out, out...!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 girlypantz

god can you people stop moaning.who cares how long they take..
    yeah its a couple of extra minutes in traffic but get over it..
    moaniest nation ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

girlypantz wrote: »
    god can you people stop moaning.who cares how long they take..
    yeah its a couple of extra minutes in traffic but get over it..
    moaniest nation ever

Please dont troll.

Everyone can voice an opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

its a standard greystones thing ,it seems every year around christmas they find some reason to dig up some part of the main street :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

girlypantz wrote: »
    .who cares how long they take..

Us with business interests can moan. Its not all about the traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 scoile

its a standard greystones thing ,it seems every year around christmas they find some reason to dig up some part of the main street :D

They have to spend the budget before the year end, otherwise the money goes back.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 girlypantz

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Us with business interests can moan. Its not all about the traffic.
    true true.. i understand the annoyance of those whos business is being disrupted.. but u gotta agree we do moan an awful lot for such a small country!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

Think its Irish nature to find fault at all costs
    Its a big pain but in the big frame at least its not under water too.

Advertisement