Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xpelair 40530sk solenoid needed

Options
  • 11-11-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

As the subject says, part of my Mother's extractor fan has given up the ghost, the solenoid that pushes the grill open. I've found plenty of people who used to stock it, radionics, showerdoc.co.uk, cattermole electrical, but no one seems to stock it anymore, nor can I find a compatible unit.

Could someone perhaps with knowledge of this assist? I don't need a google answer, I've spent the day searching. Also, if someone knows someone who could rebuild the solenoid in Cork perhaps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Contact Xpelair directly. They are part of the dimplex group so it might be made in the north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

There's an old-timer guy in the UK that I've dealt with who rewinds audio transformers-like guitar amps PD!, and could do this too, but that would be an extreme step.

I may have one of these units, or similiar bunged in the compound at work. Let me check for you when I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Rev, you could possibly make my world if it's there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 David Campese

Hi guys, does anybody know where to get a replacement filter for an O.erre bathroom extractor fan. I am based in Dublin. Cheers, Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

I found a substitute, stuck it on the mains to check it and it reddened :(

Shorted turn in the coil, which probably condemned the thing in the first place.

Sorry mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

No grief Rev, a solenoid for the larger WX12 turned up on eBay, and I won it. I'll have to do some fabricating to get it to fit the existing mounting points, but it should work. The things we do eh? :D

Advertisement