Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CompTIA Linux+

Options
  • 11-11-2009 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

Thinking of going for this exam. Seen it mentioned in a few threads here but not too much on it. Been using Ubuntu at home at lot this year and think I could be ready for this if I bought some books and did some home study. Have many people here done this before, and what did they think of it?

I've been looking through a Sybex book for it. Doesn't look too daunting, but on the other hand, it seems to skim over a large number of topics without really getting into detail. And unlike a Microsoft or Redhat exam, since it appears to cover many distros, there seems to be a lack of specific examples.

I work in a Windows environment and have done some MS certs, but have used Linux in college and on and off at home over the years, and want to add another cert to the CV. Just wondering if this exam could be a waste of time, and money? (about €250?)

I think the LPI and Red Hat certs would be a step too far for me as I don't have a big enough linux background, or a chance to practice it in work.

And as for the costs, does anyone know anyway of getting a reduction for this or exam vouchers?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

Anybody at all here given Linux+ a try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Hey Donaghs, you can check out these search results from the Unix forum.

Advertisement