Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Case ih hydraulic query.

• 11-11-2009 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi I have a 93 case ih 995 with a quicke 2300 power loader on it that i put on last yr.The loader had been taken off the same model tractor,so it fit onto mine no problem.There is a high pressure feed connection and return connection that originally were joined with a hydraulic pipe,which was directly under the seat outside the cab.I was told to use this as my feed and return for the loader valve chest which i did,there is also another pipe coming off the valve chest which i was told is an over flow,this i have dumping oil back into the system through the hydraulic oil filler cap at the back,which works fine.All this is how the loader was connected to the tractor it came off.I presume there must be a proper way to connect this overflow return pipe to the tractor.Can you tell me precisely where this bung is on the tractor?Another thing im wondering about is,why is an overflow needed seeing as i already have a return?I've noticed that there is a constant flow of oil from the overflow pipe even when using the loader.The spool block is 3 cable controlled kontak slices,im wondering is there a pressure release valve on this block that might not be working as i would like it to be,could you tell me where to find this on the block and how to test it and adjust it if possible?The loader is fairly slow to use,im wondering is the spool chest slowing it in some way that it shouldnt and is there some way to increase flow volume without having to go near the pump and change the gear ratio,Although if the gears were cheap and the job could be done through behind oil filter i would consider it. This is all fairly technical stuff,so if anyone has any ideas at all,put them up it'll be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hydralube

Hi I have a 93 case ih 995 with a quicke 2300 power loader on it that i put on last yr.The loader had been taken off the same model tractor,so it fit onto mine no problem.There is a high pressure feed connection and return connection that originally were joined with a hydraulic pipe,which was directly under the seat outside the cab.I was told to use this as my feed and return for the loader valve chest which i did,there is also another pipe coming off the valve chest which i was told is an over flow,this i have dumping oil back into the system through the hydraulic oil filler cap at the back,which works fine.All this is how the loader was connected to the tractor it came off.I presume there must be a proper way to connect this overflow return pipe to the tractor.Can you tell me precisely where this bung is on the tractor?Another thing im wondering about is,why is an overflow needed seeing as i already have a return?I've noticed that there is a constant flow of oil from the overflow pipe even when using the loader.The spool block is 3 cable controlled kontak slices,im wondering is there a pressure release valve on this block that might not be working as i would like it to be,could you tell me where to find this on the block and how to test it and adjust it if possible?The loader is fairly slow to use,im wondering is the spool chest slowing it in some way that it shouldnt and is there some way to increase flow volume without having to go near the pump and change the gear ratio,Although if the gears were cheap and the job could be done through behind oil filter i would consider it. This is all fairly technical stuff,so if anyone has any ideas at all,put them up it'll be much appreciated.

If you already have a pressure and a return line + your service lines, it sounds like this is a High Pressure Carry Over line. You should be able to blank it.
    The pressure relief valve will only increase pressure, not flow. Sometimes its a screw in cartridge in the block. If you don't want more pressure don't fiddle with it.

Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

There's a coincidence. I was in getting a tractor part yesterday. I overheard a phone conversation where the owner of the place was giving advice on a similar problem like this. I remember him saying not to blank an overflow pipe from the valve chest as this would cause back pressure to the valve chest.
    I work with industrial hydraulics myself but I don't know what this flow is. It could be internal leakage from the block or flow from a pressure relief valve. I don't know.
    I'd call into someone who knows these tractors. They'll sort you out.

BTW, I'm not saying Hydralube is wrong in what he's saying.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hydralube

Yeah, probably best to check. Ask them if it is a High Pressure Carry Over Valve and if so you can blank it.

Advertisement