Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intercalating

Options
  • 11-11-2009 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey everybody!

Just wondering if anybody here intercalated as part of their Medical Degree?

I'm thinking a lot about the idea recently, the potential for a year doing something at a bit of a slower and in more depth is appealing and I am also hoping to go to another Uni for the year to experience life somewhere else for a while.

I would be interested to hear whether having the BSc gives any advantages for furture earnings/career? Does it have any negatives effects bar the obvious extra year and leaving your current class?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Definitely do it if you get a chance. A lot of people applying for the best jobs will have intercalated. There's very little that sets medics aside from each other on their CV in the first few years after graduation. BUt intercalation is one of those things that sets you apart from everyone else in the pile of CVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Would that extra year be covered under the free fees?
    It's something I would consider myself.

Advertisement