Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keane as a goalscorer!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

strikers dont score evry chance they get..if they did everygame would have 20 goals in them every striker on that basis should have 3 or 4 every game..keane has scored 41 goals in 95 games for ireland...not a bad return and before you go down the road of he scored against little teams,he has scored against france italy germany spain all in important games..i would rather have a stiker(keane or doyle)who show commitment and passion for their team whoever that maybe ,than someone like the current berbatov who wouldnt moved two yards to recieve a stray pass,part of a strikers game isnt just scoring,hes there to upset and intimidate defenders..not one french defender had an easy time on the ball the other night because keane and doyle were closing down and hassling them..thats called defending from the front and part of the "team"game...well done lads i think you did a great job the other night...
    Completely agree with you, as does Harry in todays Sun. Can't believe its even a debate tbh. All the stats say he's a great asset to any team. Goals/game, shots on target/shots, successful passes/minutes on pitch. Harry said today in the Sun he's the main man in the dressing room for team spirit (and Harry should know!). He's our leader, captain and shows more commitment and passion in his left testicle than most players, which in itself lifts the whole team. He links up brilliantly with our best other players Modric, Lennon & Defoe. And on top of all that he's Ireland's greatest ever goal-scorer and continues to score important goals week in, week out!

What does the man have to do?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

strikers dont score evry chance they get..if they did everygame would have 20 goals in them every striker on that basis should have 3 or 4 every game..keane has scored 41 goals in 95 games for ireland...not a bad return and before you go down the road of he scored against little teams,he has scored against france italy germany spain all in important games..i would rather have a stiker(keane or doyle)who show commitment and passion for their team whoever that maybe ,than someone like the current berbatov who wouldnt moved two yards to recieve a stray pass,part of a strikers game isnt just scoring,hes there to upset and intimidate defenders..not one french defender had an easy time on the ball the other night because keane and doyle were closing down and hassling them..thats called defending from the front and part of the "team"game...well done lads i think you did a great job the other night...
    Good post chief,agree totally with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

tottally agree.

some people are just anti-keane(inoring my username) and nothing will change their opinions of him. would thy be happy if rasiek was up front instead of him? remember him? ouch

Advertisement