Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block Paving

Options
  • 11-11-2009 11:02pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys

Looking now at paving around the house,an area of roughly 100 - 150 sq m.

Been looking at Archeson & Glover, RoadStone, Tobermore.

Is there any more which you can think off?

Any one experiences of any suppliers, pro's con's?

Will be doing the job myself.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I went with 60mm Tobermore. I believe they are harder wearing, and come in a wider range of colours than the other two you mentioned.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Qwerty? wrote: »
    I went with 60mm Tobermore. I believe they are harder wearing, and come in a wider range of colours than the other two you mentioned.

Thanks for that.

Did you price around?

I priced Archeson @ 23 per sqm EX VAT.
    Roadstone @16.16 per sqm in vat! :eek:
    Tobermore - Tegula is 22.95 per sqm
    - Roma is 26.70 per sqm

Some difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭X1R

Dunno where exactly you are based but if you are willing to travel, there are loads of little concrete workers doted around the country. There is a lad between Strokestown & Termonbarry off to the left that has a HUGE range of paving. Sorry if this is of no relevance.....:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

?No thanks for that. Do they have site or that? IF the paving looks good I wouldn't be paniced about where he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭40701085

X1R wrote: »
    Dunno where exactly you are based but if you are willing to travel, there are loads of little concrete workers doted around the country. There is a lad between Strokestown & Termonbarry off to the left that has a HUGE range of paving. Sorry if this is of no relevance.....:rolleyes:

Hi X1R,
    Could you PM me the name of this guy as well, I might pay a visit...Cheers for the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

yop wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

Did you price around?

I priced Archeson @ 23 per sqm EX VAT.
    Roadstone @16.16 per sqm in vat! :eek:
    Tobermore - Tegula is 22.95 per sqm
    - Roma is 26.70 per sqm

Some difference!

We didn't price around, as we only wanted tobermore. I was going to buy direct from tobermore, but the paver bought it for me, as he gets a better price as thats all he lays.

It was Tegula Bracken we went with in the end, which we are very happy with.

40701085 wrote: »
    Hi X1R,
    Could you PM me the name of this guy as well, I might pay a visit...Cheers for the info

I'll drop you a line on that tomorrow night. 6 week old baby is kinda taking up alot of time....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

stonemerchant.ie

40701085 wrote: »
    Hi X1R,

You have PM. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭40701085

Got it - thanks a mil :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement