Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Irish and physical appearance

• 11-11-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

I've just been linked to this article, which suggests that the British aren't doing too well on the looks front, at least compared to the Scandinavians. One of the comments caught my eye and got me thinking. It was:
    The British should take heart. No "Beautiful People" statistics of course to support my view but generally the average Brit is considerably more attractive than the average Irish person. The Irish tend to be shorter in stature (whayhey! That's why we've great jockeys) but with that goes curiously small facial features squeezed together on an otherwise standard-sized face.

What does everyone think of that? Are we really the physical-appearance untermenschen of the world, below even the British? Do we have the kind of faces that only a mother could love? Personally, I reckon that Irish women can have great bone structure (and I'm a fan of the pale skin / red hair combination on a girl), but that Irish men suffer a little from what could be called potato-head syndrome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

we have a varied spectrum .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

I'm actually 6ft 4, blond, well built, and quite attractive.

Kiss my muscular ass, daily telegraph..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Speak for yourself. I look like a model :cool:

EDIT: Screw you Wazdakka :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I think we're all rides :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I think it's more of a health issue that a looks issue.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Someone English said something mean about the Irish - pitchfork-sharpening time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead's no potato head. Not even close.

If he had to equate his head with a vegetable, he'd probably choose whatever is considered to be the sexiest vegetable in the vegetable world. Artichoke perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'm 6ft 4' , blonde and well built as well. As are my 3 brothers and most of my mums side of the family. I wouldn't say I'm ugly either.

I really love the classic Irish look on women, pale skin and red hair. Ohhh yeah, super sexy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

The Brits have more of a genetic mix. All those dark skinned mots on tv and stuff aren't exactly what i think of when i think of an English girl. They have been receiving huge amounts of immigrants way longer than us. Try compare Ireland in about 100 years when we're a cum bucket of a nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Must be time for a nightcap and some racial stereotyping again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

Dudess wrote: »
    Someone English said something mean about the Irish - pitchfork-sharpening time.

The commenter was actually Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

WeeBushy wrote: »
    I look like a model :cool:
    WeeBushy wrote: »
    Screw you Wazdakka

Giggidy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

im proud of my Potatoe head .feck all them fancy square headed folks with their right angle jaws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

If there is a difference between the British and Irish physical appearence then it's not that much different except you'll see a more full , round , ruddy, red faced appearence in males and females in both british and Irish countrysides .City born people tend to have a more oval shaped face .Of course this is only generalisation ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Melange wrote: »
    Personally, I reckon that Irish women can have great bone structure

Gigidy.....

KTRIC wrote: »
    I really love the classic Irish look on women, pale skin and red hair. Ohhh yeah, super sexy :D

Im yer woman so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

I think we have a lovely "natural" sort of beauty as a country. I think alot of us Irish people have nice eyes especially.
    Although as a whole country,I think Indian women are the most attractive.
    Any I've seen are so beautiful, lucky beatches! :-)
    I think Irish men are lovely,there's a good mix to suit every type.

Giggidy giggidy gooo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

British chicks better looking than irish?

no wai, a lot of british chicks look 'fake' and plastic. like they are trying much too hard to look good. i don't know, its just something about them that puts me off. irish ones seem much better looking + more tread on the tyres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

Pics or GTFO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

There's no such thing as an English appearance anyway - we're so multicultural here, it'd be impossible to try and describe a typical English person.

The whole "black Irish" look (fair skin, blue eyes, dark hair) can be stunning.

rizzee wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO

Use your imagination!

I think irish women have a really natural beauty. Its just there!! A lot of us wimmins look just as good without make up etc as we we do with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

brummytom wrote: »
    Ooh, ta! ;)

Admittedly the peepers are more of a greyish blue than simply blue.

Whatever you're into brummytom. Pighead will never judge you.
    http://www.dublins98.ie/wp-content/files/2009/08/Mary-Harney1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

I think we're getting better looking (or maybe its the high number of Eastern Europeans around that I'm confusing with Irish people :o).

When I see schoolkids they don't seem to be as pustular and gawky as I remember a lot of us being when I was in school in the 1990s, they look TV standard attractive a lot of them!

I think a lot of Irish women have really beautiful pale skin that you don't see very often anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Dudess wrote: »

Nah they are much better if they are rusty and covered in cow ****e, ah good auld Clostridium tetani, so many victims.;)

rizzee wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO

I used my super stalking abilities and found some.

Fap fap fap ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Irish people are truly the most hideous bunch that ever lived.

The amount of inbreeding that must have gone on by our 'incesters' must have been incredible. Our horrible yellow teeth, spotty mouths, unibrows, freckley shoulders and faces are reason enough for the rest of the world in their beauty to neuter us.

To top it of some even choose to wear these fukkin things to complete the effect: http://www.freewebs.com/kerryteam/Kerry-Jersey.jpg http://mayogaablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/new-jersey.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Victoria Beckham; need I say any more?

• Advertisement

Victoria Beckham; need I say any more?

What? Shes fukking lovely.

KTRIC wrote: »
    I used my super stalking abilities and found some.

Fap fap fap ;)

I dont know if im ore disturbed or flattered.....I think im flattered...

I Dunno ,when I was growing up in Dublin Ireland back in the 70s/80s, the place was full of rael beauts ,they were everywere .All that's changed is they have got older and their daugthers are carrying on the Jeans genes :D

Course they are ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

The British should take heart. No "Beautiful People" statistics of course to support my view but generally the average Brit is considerably more attractive than the average Irish person. The Irish tend to be shorter in stature (whayhey! That's why we've great jockeys) but with that goes curiously small facial features squeezed together on an otherwise standard-sized face.

Another ugly cunt generalising and putting others down to make themselves feel like they're normal.

The amount of inbreeding that must have gone on by our 'incesters' must have been incredible. Our horrible yellow teeth, spotty mouths, unibrows, freckley shoulders and faces are reason enough for the rest of the world in their beauty to neuter us.
    How dare you tar Pighead with your own ugly brush. Just because you possess those traits, it doesn't mean that everybody in the country does. Pighead has a rather hairy bottom yet he wouldn't be so crass as to go up to a woman on the street and say "How's your hairy bottom love?"

We area all different brendansmith. You'd do well to remember that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

I like girls.

Nationality doesn't matter.

Ye're all lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lee_

Indian women yes beautiful at a young age, have you seen any attractive over 40 year old ones?

come to think of it any have you seen any ones that arent overweight when they hit 50+

look at the momma before making a long term investment in the daughter

lee_ wrote: »
    Indian women yes beautiful at a young age, have you seen any attractive over 40 year old ones?

come to think of it any have you seen any ones that arent overweight when they hit 50+

look at the momma before making a long term investment in the daughter

Never seen the attraction of Indian/Asian women myself :/

Pighead wrote: »
    How dare you tar Pighead with your own ugly brush. Just because you possess those traits, it doesn't mean that everybody in the country does. Pighead has a rather hairy bottom yet he wouldn't be so crass as to go up to a woman on the street and say "How's your hairy bottom love?"

We area all different brendansmith. You'd do well to remember that.

Yes 'Pighead', Im sure youre a stunner.

I call em as I see em mate.

Are you blind man???

http://everydayfacts.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/freida-pinto1.jpg

• Advertisement

But many of them see the attraction of living in Brum ..the city not the person :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

Does very, very little for me, tbh. I can objectively see that she is beautiful; but damnit she isn't pale enough for me! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Irish people are truly the most hideous bunch that ever lived.

And as i said already
    Another ugly cunt generalising and putting others down to make themselves feel like they're normal.

indian girls ,at the higher end of the beauty spectrum ,are the most beautiful in the world,for me.

Yes 'Pighead', Im sure youre a stunner.

I call em as I see em mate.
    Pighead's not usually one to brag but seeing as you've asked, yes Pighead is indeed stunning. If he were a chocolate he'd be a caramel barrel. If he were a bird, he'd be a majestic swan. If he were a field he'd be a beautiful field full of healthy barley.

Why try and squish the barrel, brendan? Why kill the swan? Why piss in the barley-field? Embrace Pighead's beauty and only then will you learn to love yourself.

Really don't see it - doesn't do anything for me.
    Give me an English girl anyday (Ironically, she's 2nd or 3rd Gen Irish :pac:)

Latchy wrote: »
    But many of them see the attraction of living in Brum ..the city not the person :pac:

Ohh God Latchy don't even get me started! I'd end up getting banned :o

Ohh God Latchy don't even get me started! I'd end up getting banned :o
    LOL ,thought you might not want to go there Brum :pac:

Pighead wrote: »
    , he'd be a majestic swan.

you definitely have the neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭thethedev

Scottish women are as ****ing hot as ****

• Advertisement