Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Relief

Options
  • 11-11-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

I am renting an apartment - my new tenants moved in 6 weeks ago. They are now asking me to sign a form for rent relief. Do I need to sign? I thought it would suffice if the tenants send their form with the address of the apartment to the revenue? :confused:
    And what consequences does this bring to me? :cool:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

I am renting an apartment - my new tenants moved in 6 weeks ago. They are now asking me to sign a form for rent relief. Do I need to sign? I thought it would suffice if the tenants send their form with the address of the apartment to the revenue? :confused:

Are you sure it is not Rent Allowance?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If you arent registered then lots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

The form for rent relief doesn't require a signature from the landlord; the only information they might need from you is your PPS Number.

As above, they are either asking to sign a rent allowance form or they just have the wrong form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Newaglish wrote: »
    The form for rent relief doesn't require a signature from the landlord
    Yeah it does, Section 2: for completion by the landlord or landlord's agent, form SWA 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ZYX

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    Yeah it does, Section 2: for completion by the landlord or landlord's agent, form SWA 3.

That's rent allowance not tax relief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

kearnsr wrote: »
    If you arent registered then lots

I am registered with PRTB - and I am inquiring with the tenant currently what they are looking for - allowance or relief. Cheers. :o

Tenants are looking for rent supplement (sorry for the misinformation) and its the form SWA3. Any comments on that? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Tenants are looking for rent supplement (sorry for the misinformation) and its the form SWA3. Any comments on that? :confused:
    If you're registered and paying taxes on the income from rental, it shouldn't have any adverse affects on you, as far as I know.

Have not done tax returns on the rent income (which is not really an income as it covers the mortgage). What is the quickest way to do a tax return?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

• Advertisement
Advertisement