Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Hedging

Options
  • 12-11-2009 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

I just bought 3' laurel hedging in Mulvey's Garden Centre for....€1.99 each.
    Now that HAS to be good value.
    They are based on the Roscommon Rd about 5 miles out from Athlone.
    Give them a shout on 0906-494288.

Jonathan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭hoochio

I own a garden centre and they cost more than that for me to buy trade price!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

X1R wrote: »
    I just bought 3' laurel hedging in Mulvey's Garden Centre for....€1.99 each.
    Now that HAS to be good value.
    They are based on the Roscommon Rd about 5 miles out from Athlone.
    Give them a shout on 0906-494288.

Jonathan.

Probably whips/rootballed so not that big a deal. Anyways you'll probably pay dearly to maintain such hedging over the longer term!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Probably whips/rootballed so not that big a deal. Anyways you'll probably pay dearly to maintain such hedging over the longer term!

Why should/would cheaper hedging cost more to maintain?
    or are you referring to Laurel in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fpm

There's a small nursery up the road from me (Co.Monaghan), I got 40 off 2-3' tall bareroot green privet at the weekend for 1 euro each! Lovely healthy plants too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Why should/would cheaper hedging cost more to maintain?
    or are you referring to Laurel in general?

Yes, sorry about the confusion, Laurel is such a fine but enormous hedging plant, it does take some effort to keep it in check as it matures.

• Advertisement
Advertisement