Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N3 traffic - November 2009

• 12-11-2009 12:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭

Has the traffic on the N3 got worse ? I left Kilkenny today to travel back to Clonee, at the same time my wife left the park at the Cabra gate to get home to Clonee, I arrived home first with time for a cuppa!.

Didn't help that she is 6 months pregnant and the baby was sitting on her bladder !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

Maybe this didnt help the traffic today.

Baby delivered in Dublin rush hour traffic

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1111/baby.html

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Inbound is lethal as well.
    It can take the best part of an hour to get from the Blanch flyover to the M50 if you don't act the maggot.
    Does anyone know an estimate of completion for the upgrade?
    I can only find a 2010 completion date on the M50.ie which is a bit vague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

There are already numerous threads on this subject in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055236395

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

That thread is a general M50 one, not specific to the N3.

From an inbound point of view I've noticed it has got alot worse inbound between the Auburn Avenue Roundabout and the Halfway House, traffic is regularly back before the petrol station heading into the city which it never usually was before except in exceptional circumstances. I reckon it will continue like this when the works are complete moving the problems on to the Halfway House roundabout as traffic will get there quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

October 2010 apparently for everything finished.

look for the M50 Phase 2 thread there is lots of information regarding the N3 interchange upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Problem is the outbound traffic from Auburn Avenue sitting blocking the roundabout exits for traffic coming from the N3 inbound looking to go onto the M50 southbound from what I can tell. Painting some yellow boxes and getting the Gardaí to enforce the yellow boxes would help enormously I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Stark wrote: »
    Problem is the outbound traffic from Auburn Avenue sitting blocking the roundabout exits for traffic coming from the N3 inbound looking to go onto the M50 southbound from what I can tell. Painting some yellow boxes and getting the Gardaí to enforce the yellow boxes would help enormously I reckon.

Nail on the head. It's impossible to get onto the Southbound offramp due to N3 outbound traffic blocking the roundabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

I hate the N3 M50 junction. With a ****ing passion. I fantasise about when it will be finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Jip wrote: »
    That thread is a general M50 one, not specific to the N3.

From an inbound point of view I've noticed it has got alot worse inbound between the Auburn Avenue Roundabout and the Halfway House, traffic is regularly back before the petrol station heading into the city which it never usually was before except in exceptional circumstances. I reckon it will continue like this when the works are complete moving the problems on to the Halfway House roundabout as traffic will get there quicker.

This is due to the fact that the Castleknock gate for the Phoenix Park is currently closed. I reckon it'll get a bit better when that is reopened.
    However, the M50 is dire now in the mornings with traffic backed up to the toll bridge with people trying to get onto the N3.

I can't wait until they remove that roundabout at Auburn Avenue and Scotts Roundabout. Once they're gone, it'll improve markedly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The problem from blanch round to auburn round has always been people blocking junctions. I noticed a garda at the auburn round the last day and traffic flowed noticeably smoother all around.

Poor road markings and road works are obviously partially to blame but the number of buses and trucks who BREAK RED LIGHTS and BLOCK ENTIRE JUNCTIONS is mind boggling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

as a local Castleknock resident, i cannot wait for the day that the work is finished. we have had to endure horrendous conditions for 20 years with through traffic. I would block Auburn from access to N3 and would block the Gates of the Park permanently if I had my way. I know thats not much help to some people, but we have had enough. A Luas would help, but hey I guess thats only for Southsiders ! Hang on, we *DO* have teh Minister For Finance in the area, must drop up to Myos for a friendly word in his ear. :cool:

Ah, well. I don't see it as your problem, I see it as everyone's problem. Thankfully you don't own the roads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    as a local Castleknock resident, i cannot wait for the day that the work is finished. we have had to endure horrendous conditions for 20 years with through traffic. I would block Auburn from access to N3 and would block the Gates of the Park permanently if I had my way. I know thats not much help to some people, but we have had enough. A Luas would help, but hey I guess thats only for Southsiders ! Hang on, we *DO* have teh Minister For Finance in the area, must drop up to Myos for a friendly word in his ear. :cool:

It's a road for cars, just because you live there doesn't mean everyone should not drive on the roads, do you even realise how ridicoulous and hideous your post is.

Seriously. Read it again. Just try and see how silly it is.

It's like an ice cream man saying "I hate curry when I'm really rich I will remove curry from this world so people will eat my icecream". If you don't like the fact that people use this road, why don't you move to the country where THERE ARE NO CARS. ffs. These posts make people blood on the boiler, because it's so hideous.

i live in the area over 25 years and am just trying to assist you commuters in understanding that local residents are suffering. No need to use language like "FFS" in your post. This is abusive. No call for that whatsoever. That kind of attitude makes local people even more fed up and could galvanise us into action. In the same way that inner City residents demand and get action from Dublin Corporation. We were here long before the M50, why should we not try and protect our Village? Neither we nor you ( Im sure ) want your transient traffic choking our narrow streets. Why not get a bus or a train ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

well luckily you dont have your way,traffics a part of life

i live in the area over 25 years and am just trying to assist you commuters in understanding that local residents are suffering. No need to use language like "FFS" in your post. This is abusive. No call for that whatsoever. That kind of attitude makes local people even more fed up and could galvanise us into action. In the same way that inner City residents demand and get action from Dublin Corporation. We were here long before the M50, why should we not try and protect our Village? Neither we nor you ( Im sure ) want your transient traffic choking our narrow streets. Why not get a bus or a train ?
    I'm originally from near Prussia Street, long before your 25 year stint started in Castleknock. We should have blocked off all traffic coming into Dublin from Dublin 15 traffic years ago, going on your illogical thinking.

But being brutally honest, "us" commuters couldn't really give a damn what you think. Galvanise away - there are more of us :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The N3 junction will be the final bit of the M50 widening to be completed, some time late summer I believe .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The traffic management at the roadworks has been a disaster this weekend. 1 hour delays getting through the junction on the N3 on Saturday. Really sloppy work by the contractors. Rang the cops in Blanchardstown but (as usual) they weren't remotely interested but acknowledged they received a lot of complaints before hanging up. There's no way that the contractor should be allowed only have one lane open daytime on a Friday or Saturday. Ironically, a real problem was that the bus lane on the N3 outbound was left open. When they hit the Auburn roundabout they had nowhere to go. It would have been better to have the buslane closed back further.

IIMII wrote: »
    I'm originally from near Prussia Street, long before your 25 year stint started in Castleknock. We should have blocked off all traffic coming into Dublin from Dublin 15 traffic years ago, going on your illogical thinking.

But being brutally honest, "us" commuters couldn't really give a damn what you think. Galvanise away - there are more of us :D

There may be more of you, but it only takes 1 person to block a road in protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

And only 1 car to drive over you and 1 ambulance to take you to the 1 hospital in the area, everyone is happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I drove up through here this morning to get to the post office at Coolmine, by god, what a terrible terrible mess has been made of the temporary road markings. Approaching Scotts Roundabout from the city, you're told you can use the outside lane to go straight ahead, then you find that all three lanes are going straight ahead onto the 2 lane N2 and you were supposed to go M50 Northbound (no signage about this at all).

A bad accident is what the developers almost seem to be trying to cause, I'm sure they'll get more than one soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

So, therefore, only people who live in your area should be allowed to drive in your area. So, if this was applied everywhere, then how does anyone get anywhere ??

OK, I could understand your arguement when applied to rat running through small residential streets and housing estates that weren't built for the purpose of taking through traffic, but if your arguement being made in the context of traffic through Castleknock as a whole (ie including main public throughfares through the village) then I dont think its valid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

i can't think of anywhere worse for traffic than castleknock, not just at rush hour either, there are so many schools in the place.

did the situation improve when the closed the gates to the park for 2 months or so before xmas?

when you visit amsterdam or hamburg you get a glimpse of how public transport can really be - alas it will only ever be fantasy here - mainly because we don't demand it badly enough.

Advertisement