Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucas "fu*king" Leiva

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I've never seen you passing the ball so well as you did tonight.
    I've never seen you shine so bright you were amazing.
    I've never seen so many people want to be there by your side.
    And when you turned on the ball and smiled, It took my breath away..
    I have never had such a feeling
    Such a feeling of complete and utter "happiness", as I do tonight.

The way you played tonight ..
    I never will forget, the way you played tonight
    The lucas in red
    The lucas in red
    The lucas in red isnt standing offside (anymore)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

mada999 wrote: »
    if Anderson and Cleverly come up against a full strength Chelsea, City or Liverpool midfield they will get destroyed....

Are they not keeping Giggs and Carrick out of the side? The same Giggs and Carrick that destroyed a full strength Chelsea midfield last year on numerous occasions.

And I seem to remember Anderson and Cleverly doing alright against City's midfield in the charity shield. By alright I mean completely running the show. I suppose we'll see about Liverpool. We could always just make it easy and bypass midfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    We could always just make it easy and bypass midfield

It's as simple as that? Why didn't they employ that tactic at Anfield last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

It's as simple as that? Why didn't they employ that tactic at Anfield last season?

It was going ok but then we gifted Ye 2 goals. That Suarez lad played alright 2 I suppose. After the game at OT we thought midfield would be a doddle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The thing about Lucas is that he never hides, he goes looking for the ball and work off the ball when things are at their worst. I don't think he is top echelon yet, but he is very solid in most aspects of the game and his intangibles are to die for. The dude oozes mental determination and grit. He will keep improving, and the bad days will never be for the want of trying.

As a fan, I will NEVER have a problem with players like Lucas. He turns up and gives it his all. What hurts is when guys are not maxing their potential, not making that run, that tackle. If you went down with the likes of Lucas (a couple of years ago) or Spearing (now) in your team at least you'd know it wasn't the fault of the players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Tusky wrote: »

Was this video supposed to show how good he was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

2r3jvj6.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The thing about Lucas is that he never hides, he goes looking for the ball and work off the ball when things are at their worst. I don't think he is top echelon yet, but he is very solid in most aspects of the game and his intangibles are to die for. The dude oozes mental determination and grit. He will keep improving, and the bad days will never be for the want of trying.

As a fan, I will NEVER have a problem with players like Lucas. He turns up and gives it his all. What hurts is when guys are not maxing their potential, not making that run, that tackle. If you went down with the likes of Lucas (a couple of years ago) or Spearing (now) in your team at least you'd know it wasn't the fault of the players.
    I think thats a very fair assessment Lloyd. Fair play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Think this deserves a bump. ;)

Motm against City today. Great performance again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Lucas is boss.

2r3jvj6.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

He's a squad player who will come in and do a decent job when asked. Every big club needs them.

from 2009

Got it wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

from 2009

Got it wrong!

And still can improve some more. Played a couple of very nice balls today that he probably wouldn't have tried a season or 2 ago.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Against Man City:

Pass completion: 92%
    Tackles won: 100%
    Aerial duels won: 100%

K-9 wrote: »
    And still can improve some more. Played a couple of very nice balls today that he probably wouldn't have tried a season or 2 ago.

yeah hes still way off his peak and you really need to make him a major part of your midfield for years to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

yeah hes still way off his peak and you really need to make him a major part of your midfield for years to come

:confused: I don't think he's played better than he did today? Fantastic performance.

:confused: I don't think he's played better than he did today? Fantastic performance.

sorry was unclear i meant in terms of age. i think there can be more to come

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

K-9 wrote: »

Correct, there was one in particular in the first half when he picked it up and pinged it out to Downing on the right, before he would have laterally or even backwards.
    Really delighted for him as a player and a person - he looks to be relishing and enjoying his football.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

458194919.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1322429975&Signature=Mtkyvk8VSespEDRhqB9jYW6D1PI%3D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Ardent

Best performance I've ever seen from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Thread title needs to be changed.

Lucas "fu*king" Leiva - MOTM again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Lucas is boss.

IMG]

*Cough* Repost *Cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The man is becoming a colossus of the midfield, 24 years old so in 3 or 4 he'll be twice as good again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

That was nothing short of a sensational display today.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Against Man City:

Pass completion: 92%
    Tackles won: 100%
    Aerial duels won: 100%

Those stats are phenomenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I don't want to derail the thread by throwing other players names in here but looking at the posts about Lucas and all the hatred that was directed at him during the early years will the same happen with Hendo and Carroll?

On topic though Lucas rules! delighted its my nickname when i play 5 a side now (been called it for a while!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

danniemcq wrote: »
    I don't want to derail the thread by throwing other players names in here but looking at the posts about Lucas and all the hatred that was directed at him during the early years will the same happen with Hendo and Carroll?

On topic though Lucas rules! delighted its my nickname when i play 5 a side now (been called it for a while!)

I can only speak for myself but i never bought into the hate directed at Lucas in the early days. The guy always had potential in the same way i see Carroll and Henderson having potential for the future. The most pleasing aspect about Lucas is he's improving week on week and is the first name on the teamsheet each match now.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Out for the rest of the season..

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/lucas-ruled-out-for-season-530548.html

Get better soon son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We need to buy another ball winner in the January window in my opinion.

One of the reasons Lucas has become so important for us, bar the obvious improvement, is the fact he is the only midfielder of his type (imo anyway) at the club.

Well thinking about it I guess Spearing would be similar in style if not in ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Dreadful loss. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Big loss.

Hopefully he has a speedy recovery .

183423.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Poor Lucas. What can happen in football in the space of a few days is crazy. Im sure he'll be back better than ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Overall, definitely worth the money paid, a v.good squad player and may develop into something more.

Prophetic words from Tusky back in 09.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ollaetta wrote: »
    Prophetic words from Tusky back in 09.

Only seeing this now - why thank you good sir. I am very often wrong, so I shall take any small victory I can get!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I wish Lucas was playing next weekend :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

The chap is f*cking crap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Oranage2 wrote: »

2008 wants their opinion back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

After Hours.....less work, more thanks.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    After Hours.....less work, more thanks.

Ha, well I dont rate him, how's that? He's nowhere near as good as Alonso or Mash and Scott Parker is even a better player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,564 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ha, well I dont rate him, how's that? He's nowhere near as good as Alonso or Mash and Scott Parker is even a better player.

He is a completely different kind of player to Alonso. Why would you even include him? Better than Mascherano, and about the same as Scott Parker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Somebody loves their English media.

• Advertisement

He is a completely different kind of player to Alonso. Why would you even include him?

I was just comparing him to Liverpool's former deep lying centremids.
    Better than Mascherano

I strongly disagree.
    and about the same as Scott Parker.

Sounds about right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Lucas is one of the most improved midfielders in the league, he has been a huge loss to Liverpool since his injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Lucas is far better than Parker, better overall than Mascherano, and some aspects of his game are better than Alonso's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,564 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just based on what I' m seeing here, do people really think Mascherano is better than Parker? Mascherano has got to be up there with the most limited players playing at the top level of football.

How is he limited?

G.K. wrote: »
    Lucas is far better than Parker, better overall than Mascherano, and some aspects of his game are better than Alonso's.

Are you a new Mod or were you always one?

Again I disagree, Mash plays for Barca and Alonso for Real. Lucas would not even make those benches.

He's the only player that gets rated better by the day when he's injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Again I disagree, Mash plays for Barca and Alonso for Real. Lucas would not even make those benches.

Do you see my empty water jug?

No? Oh well, ok, but it still holds more water then your argument

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Talking about Scott Parker there yea?

I started modding this week, but I'm not sure how that is relevant.

Anyway, Lucas is the best DM in the EPL. Beats the rest at a canter except Song and Tiote, and he's definitely ahead of them. (I don't class Toure as a DM.)

Mascherano generally only makes the team because he is used as a CB, such is Busquets' quality.

Lucas would play ahead of all of Real's CM options except Alonso and maybe Khedira.

What facets of his game are not up to scratch in your view?

• Advertisement
Advertisement