Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucas "fu*king" Leiva

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

monkey9 wrote: »
    No, it's because i think he's one of the best posters on the forum and i can't believe he's only 17.

You must be 100 so! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    2008 wants their opinion back.

i like united fans like this...

honest, and with sigs of valencia who being honest meself, i love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pretty sure its a compliment cause you seem to have a knowledge of footie that most lads your age wouldnt have.
    Is 17 supposed to be young now? I mean I joined this forum when I'd just turned 18 and even then I had been contributing to a United fansite for 2 or 3 years before that probably. Age and knowledge aren't the same thing, sure most of the people I talk to in their 40s or so about football have very silly opinions on football.

G.K. wrote: »
    Yes, I'm 17, why?

im pretty shocked too...i know im only 24 but still!

think we all just have mental images of some people and that wasnt mine of you

i wont get into what monkeys mental image of you was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Thanks for the compliments, but let's get back on topic now.
    Liam O wrote: »
    I think the Fletcher and Lucas comparisons have some merit, though I think Lucas before his injury would have gone on to surpass Fletcher's ability in 2008-10 it will be interesting to see how he comes back...

This is a fair point, you never know with these injuries. I'll be very interested to see how Vidic and Wilshere fare next season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

liverpool really missed him this season just hope he can continue where he left off next season he has shown the ability to become a really fine player

shamrock55 wrote: »
    liverpool really missed him this season just hope he can continue where he left off next season he has shown the ability to become a really fine player

have we missed him that much...

i dont wanna sound horrible here, and cant wait to have him back, but we've only shipped 5 goals more than united this year.

now i understand defending can win you games, but to be fair...if we hit the crossbar 50% less and count that as goals, our conversion rate is level with that of a challenging top 4.

as i said i miss lucas, but unfortunately we cant blame (not saying anyone was) the season on his injury at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

eldwaro wrote: »
    have we missed him that much...

i dont wanna sound horrible here, and cant wait to have him back, but we've only shipped 5 goals more than united this year.

now i understand defending can win you games, but to be fair...if we hit the crossbar 50% less and count that as goals, our conversion rate is level with that of a challenging top 4.

as i said i miss lucas, but unfortunately we cant blame (not saying anyone was) the season on his injury at all.

Off the top of my head I can think of the Man City game we lost 3-0 and the Fulham game in which Spearing got sent of that we have missed him in, chances are if he played the Arsenal game we would have won that too.....so I am going to go with Yes....final answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

eldwaro wrote: »
    im pretty shocked too...i know im only 24 but still!

think we all just have mental images of some people and that wasnt mine of you

i wont get into what monkeys mental image of you was

Ah here!!! Things are taking a very bizarre turn for the worst!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

Best holding midfielder in the league.

Alex Song is up there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Why was this thread bumped? ;)

He does the simple things well, not the best tackler but his reading of the game makes up for it. I don't rate the comparisons to either Alonso or Masc, to me he is an amalgam of both, he has the Mascherano side sorted, he's just developing the Alonso side of his game, we still haven't seen the best of him.

He's Liverpools leader, not in a Terry or Carra sense, he's just a player the whole team look to, to do the simple things, always make the right decision, gives calmness, can slow the pace of the game when it's needed.

Liverpool would be challenging for 4th with him still about.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Are you really only 17 or 18??
    G.K. wrote: »
    Yes, I'm 17, why?
    Because you're like some kind of prodigy!! I feel like i'm talking to Gab Marcotti!!!

Here he is.

deco-white-fluffy-dog-with-ball.jpg

17 x 7 = er 119 :confused: :pac:

K-9 wrote: »
    Why was this thread bumped? ;)

He does the simple things well, not the best tackler but his reading of the game makes up for it. I don't rate the comparisons to either Alonso or Masc, to me he is an amalgam of both, he has the Mascherano side sorted, he's just developing the Alonso side of his game, we still haven't seen the best of him.

He's Liverpools leader, not in a Terry or Carra sense, he's just a player the whole team look to, to do the simple things, always make the right decision, gives calmness, can slow the pace of the game when it's needed.

Liverpool would be challenging for 4th with him still about.

i really want to believe that....

and i know looking at the stats can be the first downfall of an argument,

but i can't help but feel his injury was the only this that would have hindered us this season...that said, would the entire team have played better with a solid lucas...probably..if i follow hardcore stats, then probably side with my earlier argument. but to follow heart, i would say lucas missing was detrimental. synthesis = lucas would have made a difference, but not top 4 difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

He does the simple things well, not the best tackler but his reading of the game makes up for it.

While I don't necessarily agree with the tackling bit, I do agree with the reading of the game bit. I actually think his tackling is brilliant. If you notice, he rarely goes to ground, and that is because he doesn't need to. This ties in with his excellent reading of the game ability and knows where to be and when. He knows just how to nudge the opposition of the ball and take possession or put a foot in to hamper their play. One excellent example that stands out is his tackle on Yaya Toure in that MoTM performance mentioned earlier

He's Liverpools leader, not in a Terry or Carra sense, he's just a player the whole team look to.

He's a Liverpool fan and that's the first step to becoming a captain in my opinion, knowing what the team/club stands for and what is expected of the, and what to do. You can see on the pitch, while not being as vocal, is still a leader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

No, it's because i think he's one of the best posters on the forum and i can't believe he's only 17.

Taught him everything he knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Liam O wrote: »
    Is 17 supposed to be young now? I mean I joined this forum when I'd just turned 18 and even then I had been contributing to a United fansite for 2 or 3 years before that probably. Age and knowledge aren't the same thing, sure most of the people I talk to in their 40s or so about football have very silly opinions on football.

But I remember how bad your posts were when you first joined :pac:

only messing bud

oh and on Lucas. Been missed massively by Pool. Will be a huge boost to you having him back in the team next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Most popular names on the new Liverpool kit?

1. Suarez
    2. Gerrard
    3. Lucas

:D

If he gets a major injury setback and misses next season he'll be voted player of the year by Liverpool fans at this rate. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

quite the difference from 3 short years ago.

now, get fit :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Haven't bought a jersey in years but I will be getting the new one I think.

Have said a few times over the last three years or so, that if I was getting one I'd get Lucas on the back. Few of my mates used to piss themselves laughing :p

This year, its getting done :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Seems like he is on track for pre-season. Can't wait to see him back, he is made for how Rodgers wants to play. Short and tidy passing, pressing and tackling without the ball. Could be absolutely crucial to our success.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I hope we see the same Lucas that we saw last season before he got injured. Hopefully the injury hasn't taking too much out of him. He was making great progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Apologies if its been asked already but has anyone any idea how much the new shirt is in a bricks n mortar shop in Dublin?
    Elverys/Lifestyle/Champion etc and if any of them do lettering?
    Thinking of getting one with Lucas too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'm very tempted to get the keeper's jersey with Doni 32 (:pac:) but not sure if he's staying or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'm very tempted to get the keeper's jersey with Doni 32 (:pac:) but not sure if he's staying or not

Got KateCohen and No.1 on it myself earlier.:pac:

• Advertisement

ANFIELD CAT 1

Who's Kate Cohen??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Good read - hadn't seen it before. But I can't help but feel she needs to write about me.

Am i missing a gag here or something?? Who is she?

• Advertisement

Am i missing a gag here or something?? Who is she?

Not sure who she is.

http://katecohensoccer.wordpress.com/

The above link about Why AVB would be a good fit for Liverpool was posted aby about 10 people in 2 days, became a running gag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I'd ride Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

hefferboi wrote: »
    I'd ride Lucas.

Not too vigorously, you might put him out for a few more months :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

hefferboi wrote: »
    I'd ride Lucas.

That probably wouldn't make you gay either. He looks like a 46 year old woman who's just got "married" in a civil partnership.

That probably wouldn't make you gay either. He looks like a 46 year old woman who's just got "married" in a civil partnership.

What part of the country are you in that has women that look like Lucas? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

rarnes1 wrote: »

Lucas would be a stunning woman if he lived in Tipp Town. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

rarnes1 wrote: »

Brazimerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Kess73 wrote: »

That proabably wouldn't be difficult in all honesty :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I was out in Tipp Town the other night for the first time ever.

I won't be going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

That's even funnier to me as there were quite a few Tipp women in my last job. :pac:

• Advertisement

That's even funnier to me as there were quite a few Tipp women in my last job. :pac:

Were ya tipping any of them? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Time to revive this old chestnut :eek:

Why? after a poor game?

Ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Resurrected again?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not enough :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Still a decent player but the injury has clearly affected him badly.Very inconsistent now, it's a shame for him as he really did turn into a fantastic player. I remember his performance against Yaya in particular a couple of years ago, twas amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Blatter wrote: »
    Still a decent player but the injury has clearly affected him badly.Very inconsistent now, it's a shame for him as he really did turn into a fantastic player. I remember his performance against Yaya in particular a couple of years ago, twas amazing.

Yeah, it's a shame. He's still okay mind, but he was moving into an elite bracket before that Chelsea game. Seems a long time ago now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Bit ridiculous this. Having one bad game doesn't mean you're a bad players, in Lucas case it's his lack of talent.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Bit ridiculous this. Having one bad game doesn't mean you're a bad players, in Lucas case it's his lack of talent.

Let's see who has a nibble at that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He's looking like he's never gonna get back to the level he was at.

We should know definitively enough by January to be able to decide how important replacing him is.

He's mostly fairly decent for 50-60 minutes. Not as good as he was but good enough for a place in the squad. He fades horribly after that though.

I think one of the lads on the Anfield Wrap put it well when they said he had returned well from his injury for a 33 year old.

It's a dreadful shame but he's not the first player to lose his edge after a serious injury.

Advertisement