Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucas "fu*king" Leiva

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Let's see who has a nibble at that

Probably someone with Suarez in his name.

Anyway I've made it quite clear I never rated him ,he played well for 2 seasons in a very defensive team, he got injured and a new manager decided to play more attack ing, people thought Lucas was the reason for the better defensive play and he was raised to super star dom. When he came back he played slightly above average like he's always done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Time to revive this old chestnut :eek:

Love Liverpool fans.

We know what Lucas is capable of, i.e. he has actually delivered at the club. Despite this, there are some writing him off after what is apparently a poor match.

Borini, Allen, Aspas and co have shown us virtually nothing to suggest that they are at a level that is needed. Yet, when fans express their opinion and that they likely "won't make it", there is war about not giving them a chance.

There also seems to an increasingly growing group that has convinced themselves that we are actually better without Suarez.

It just makes no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Love Liverpool fans.

We know what Lucas is capable of, i.e. he has actually delivered at the club. Despite this, there are some writing him off after what is apparently a poor match.

Borini, Allen, Aspas and co have shown us virtually nothing to suggest that they are at a level that is needed. Yet, when fans express their opinion and that they likely "won't make it", there is war about not giving them a chance.

There also seems to an increasingly growing group that has convinced themselves that we are actually better without Suarez.

Isn't Aspas only after signing for Liverpool? Bit early to be making a judgement, no? agreed on Allen and Borini.

As for Lucas, good destroyer, offers nothing in a game that Liverpool are expected to win. That being said, who else does Rodgers play in those matches? Not exactly blessed in the midfield area.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Probably someone with Suarez in his name.

Anyway I've made it quite clear I never rated him ,he played well for 2 seasons in a very defensive team, he got injured and a new manager decided to play more attack ing, people thought Lucas was the reason for the better defensive play and he was raised to super star dom. When he came back he played slightly above average like he's always done.

I stopped at very defensive team as your argument fell apart there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Love Liverpool fans.

It just makes no sense.

It made perfect sense to make fun of people for writing off Lucas when he first arrived at Liverpool and he showed how stupid those opinions were after a while.

It's not the same thing now. We're not talking about the same Lucas any more. He's been given quite a while to get back to the level he was at and has shown no evidence that he ever will.
    He's an important player for the team but that's a reflection of how poor we are in midfield rather than how good Lucas is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Time to revive this old chestnut :eek:

I hope to god your not a liverpool fan cos if you are your a fcukin disgrace:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Whatever about this, we need a very good defensive mid that can take a game by the scruff of the neck. Until that is sorted, we will consistently come unstuck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Whatever about this, we need a very good defensive mid that can take a game by the scruff of the neck. Until that is sorted, we will consistently come unstuck.

Been crying out for a good DM since Masch left. Cant understand why this wasnt sorted in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

bumped for the lols.

to think he's gone from being written off, to now probably Liverpool's most important player again in terms of team structure and giving us a solid foundation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Best keeper in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Bumped for 'Lol's?

A month ago people in the Liverpool thread wanted him gone...

Give it another month when yous want him gone and some other pool players is suddenly the greatest of all time.

For a team that doesn't stop harping on about history, the fans sure do have short memories!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Bumped for 'Lol's?

Give it another month when yous want him gone and some other pool players is suddenly the greatest of all time.

For a team that doesn't stop harping on about history, the fans sure do have short memories!

Can you provide examples because I do not find your post factually correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Bumped for 'Lol's?

If our memories do fail us, we are lucky to have such fountains of knowledge on all things Liverpool such as yourself around, cos one thing's for sure, you never, ever, seem to miss a single thing as far as that's concerned.

Flattering, really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Bumped for 'Lol's?

Give it another month when yous want him gone and some other pool players is suddenly the greatest of all time. It'll

Nothing wrong with my memory. I still remember your Victims comment!

Jog on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Bumped for 'Lol's?

If you want I'll buy you a Liverpool jersey for your bday !!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Bumped for 'Lol's?

Learn the difference between 'some people' and 'people' will you please, like a good little lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

SlickRic wrote: »
    bumped for the lols.

to think he's gone from being written off, to now probably Liverpool's most important player again in terms of team structure and giving us a solid foundation.
    Bumped for 'Lol's?

Bumped for the 'lol's and we got our 'lol's. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Over 900 posts about a DM who has been injured for about half the time this thread has been running! Epic! :D

What happened to Anderson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Over 900 posts about a DM who has been injured for about half the time this thread has been running! Epic! :D

What happened to Anderson?

Pies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

When a lot of players perform poorly, a hard working player can stand out.

Interesting to note this topic was made during a season Liverpool flopped after a title challenge the pevious year.

History repeating itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

He has improved his performances a lot lately and he is once again a key part of Liverpools team, but to be honest I think that is more down to the type of player he is rather than how good he is. They don't really have anyone else who can perform in that role effectively. I really like him as a player and Liverpool would be fools if they were to sell him (even if they have a replacement lined up), but I still think they will need an upgrade on him soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Unearthly wrote: »

Interesting to note this topic was made during a season Liverpool flopped after a title challenge the pevious year.

History repeating itself

I dunno, the appreciation of his work has picked up again in the last few weeks. The team has been performing well in the last few weeks and the players are performing better and some quite well - Sterling, Lallana, Markovic, Moreno, etc.
    The turnaround in performances seems to have coincided with Lucas's prolonged run in the team.
    So I would argue against 'When a lot of players perform poorly, a hard working player can stand out.', as he has improved the team's performance and other players are playing well apart from him.
    He's npt performing well in comparison to the other poor players, he's performing well alongside the likes of Can and the team is playing better as a whole.

Unearthly wrote: »

History repeating itself

The thing is LFC have been poor and he has made them look a solid team again. Lucas breaks up play but he also keeps possession ticking over and will only attempt to pass a ball if it will reach a team mate well 9/10 times he will do this .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He's good, but he's no Michael Carrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He's good, but he's no Michael Carrick.

Some man for the key passes alright.

RasTa wrote: »
    Some man for the key passes alright.

Yeah the ones of a backwards variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I admired the way he proved a lot of people wrong first time around and I admire the way hes come back from injury and is hitting the form that got him fans player of the season 09-10 and he had a cracking season before his injury

It might not matter to some but he comes across as a very good lad and by all accounts works his ass off. Playing very well at the moment and getting deserved plaudits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah the ones of a backwards variety.

Don't forget sideways... Lucas we are talking about right?

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Don't forget sideways... Lucas we are talking about right?

I think you could apply it to both but I do have a man utd supporting mate who calls carrick billy go backwards.

Advertisement