Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Let Apartments in Melbourne

Options
  • 12-11-2009 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

I am looking for a short let 1 bed apartment in Melbourne, close to the CBD, Southbank or Docklands area, basically as close to Postcode 3000 as possible.

I know how to use google, but have only come across dodgy pages or people advertising apartments for cheap enough but they are really 4 times the price. I would rather not look on Gumtree, that is usually a place for freaks & weirdos in any country.
    I need it for 4-6 weeks. Price should be under AU$800 a week...

Anyone stayed in any nice short let apartments like I described? Experiences? Links?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

if u'd slum it in a studio apartment, contact jackson apartments. minimum with them is a week!

melbourne isnt that big, so the CBD and docklands is only a short trip on the tram from anywhere.

Best bet for getting a place though is to check the notice boards in the local area you want to move to. find a laundromat or internet cafe or anywhere with a notice board.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

The_B_Man wrote: »
    if u'd slum it in a studio apartment, contact jackson apartments. minimum with them is a week!

melbourne isnt that big, so the CBD and docklands is only a short trip on the tram from anywhere.

Best bet for getting a place though is to check the notice boards in the local area you want to move to. find a laundromat or internet cafe or anywhere with a notice board.

I will look into Jacksons, i could put up with a studio (shoebox) for a month or so.

Not possible, we need to book something before we go, go straight there from the airport. I couldn't slum it in a hostel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 toffeeforever

If you are willing to spend $800 per week you should be able to get a very nice apartment for that price with a CBD location.

Check out this for $710 per week (minimum stay is a month which should be perfect for you)

http://www.corporatekeys.com.au/files/Profiles/1602%20280%20Spencer%20St.pdf

Also look at this for a full list

http://www.corporatekeys.com.au/files/ck_apartments.pdf

Best of luck with your search

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Clarion Gateway are good and reasonable.
    Caroline Apartments in South Yarra are not CBD but also good and reasonable.

If you are willing to spend $800 per week you should be able to get a very nice apartment for that price with a CBD location.

Check out this for $710 per week (minimum stay is a month which should be perfect for you)

http://www.corporatekeys.com.au/files/Profiles/1602%20280%20Spencer%20St.pdf

Also look at this for a full list

http://www.corporatekeys.com.au/files/ck_apartments.pdf

Best of luck with your search

Haha, that is exactly the one we were looking at.. But, they have a weird pricing structure, very much rip off.
    I want to arrive on March 29th, and stay for 4-6 weeks.
    They say I have to pay for time I am not there, i.e. They say I have to pay from March 20th, why should I pay for 9 days before I arrive..

• Advertisement

That's not exactly peak time. Give Clarion Suites Gateway a call and also The Oaks Group. I'm a long stay Oaks customer in Brisbane paying less than your budget in a luxury CBD one bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Just out of interest lads, what sort of rent would you normally pay in Melbourne - for
    a 1/2 bed???
    house share???
    Hoping its not too bad!

Just out of interest lads, what sort of rent would you normally pay in Melbourne - for
    a 1/2 bed???
    house share???
    Hoping its not too bad!

Realestate.com au

domain.com.au

ballooba wrote: »
    That's not exactly peak time. Give Clarion Suites Gateway a call and also The Oaks Group. I'm a long stay Oaks customer in Brisbane paying less than your budget in a luxury CBD one bed.

Clarion is $420 a night...
    Caroline is $185 a night
    Oaks is advertised at $99 a night but really the minimum per night is $185

Both crazy money and way over my budget of $800 a week.
    What is up with these people charging per night, they are not hotels!

I'd swear with these prices that Irish people are running them.
    The plan is to get a proper apartment after 4-6 weeks, I have seen some nice ones for $2000 a month, but until I get there I can't view them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

place im staying in is beside albert park, jsut at st kilda junction. apartment has 2 beds (1 ensuite). its 2700 a month. we split it so 1350 for me and the missus a month. works out about 350 a week between us i think. bills on top of that. cheapest i ever paid anywhere in oz was 290 a week (145 each a week for me and the missus).

• Advertisement

Clarion is $420 a night...
    Caroline is $185 a night
    Oaks is advertised at $99 a night but really the minimum per night is $185

Both crazy money and way over my budget of $800 a week.
    What is up with these people charging per night, they are not hotels!

I'd swear with these prices that Irish people are running them.
    The plan is to get a proper apartment after 4-6 weeks, I have seen some nice ones for $2000 a month, but until I get there I can't view them.
    Now that I think of it our corporate rate with Caroline is not much better than that. Clarion should be able to do better though. Very surprised 420 was the best offer they would do over the phone.

I live in Oaks currently and pay less than your rate. If you called them then it sounds like you spoke to the wrong person.

Advertisement