Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend local pub this Saturday

Options
  • 12-11-2009 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Can someone recommend a local pub in the city centre this Saturday, somewhere near Busarus or Connolly St.?

Ideally somewhere that will show some horseracing and have a bookies nearby.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There are a few pubs across from Connolly on Amiens Street/Talbot Street which should do (Lloyds, Cleary's, Kate's Cottage etc.).

I'm not sure about the bookies though as I associate anything to do with racing with yawning! :p:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

graingers pub on the corner of talbot street and amiens street has paddy power on its right and terry rogers on it left

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KoemansCC

Cheers, I'll have a look at them...it'll pass a few hours before Croker...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Graingers is all right, but just a few doors up on Talbot Street is Molloys, a genuine 'local' pub and alround much better. If you are a pint drinker you won't be disappointed either. Regarding the GG's there is a Terry Rogers shop on the other corner (all of 20 yards away). If I'm in that part of the City that would be my preference, in fact, as I'm going to the match myself I might well stop by for a pint of porter myself

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KoemansCC

dats_right wrote: »
    Graingers is all right, but just a few doors up on Talbot Street is Molloys, a genuine 'local' pub and alround much better. If you are a pint drinker you won't be disappointed either. Regarding the GG's there is a Terry Rogers shop on the other corner (all of 20 yards away). If I'm in that part of the City that would be my preference, in fact, as I'm going to the match myself I might well stop by for a pint of porter myself

I'll take a look as well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Molloys is no more local... it's full of hacks (I'm one of them) and cops. nothing wrong with that but noway reflective of area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

jdivision wrote: »
    Molloys is no more local... it's full of hacks (I'm one of them) and cops. nothing wrong with that but noway reflective of area.

I take it you drink in the lounge? :rolleyes:

Because if not, things must be very tough for 'hacks' and cops at the moment, in fact, some people might actually mistake you guys as homeless..

Advertisement