Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bill Belichick Video Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,032 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No comments from anybody, I am surprised. I thought Belichick was so different to most coaches that it would bring up some discussion. He is constantly coaching his players on the sideline and he seems to know what play is coming almost always. Also that comment to Jason Taylor at the end of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I love those videos on the website
    But this one is average, there are far better ones.
    Just commenting on the content of the video, not the team or coach

Such as the one with Jim Zorn calling plays to his quaterback

I don't support the 49'ers (but have a soft spot for them) but their video was the best of all.
    If you want to see a coach constantly instructly his players checking out http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8133b564/Sound-FX-49ers-tough-love

Tough man :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

eagle eye wrote: »
    No comments from anybody, I am surprised. I thought Belichick was so different to most coaches that it would bring up some discussion. He is constantly coaching his players on the sideline and he seems to know what play is coming almost always. Also that comment to Jason Taylor at the end of the game.

You wont get many of the Patriots haters commenting to be honest Eagle Eye. Don't forget the majority think he is a cheater :rolleyes: :D I just watched it now. Love watching these vids of different coaches gives you a good insight to their character on the sideline. The bit at the end was the best when he was talking to Jason Taylor. It really defines BB and shows why people want to play for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

shows why the pats are so calm and cool under pressure, cos the coach is too. excellent vid

mikemac wrote: »

I don't support the 49'ers (but have a soft spot for them) but their video was the best of all.
    If you want to see a coach constantly instructly his players checking out http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8133b564/Sound-FX-49ers-tough-love

Tough man :eek:

Big fan of Mike Singletary I love his approach to coaching. The tough love approach is working quite well for him at the moment. I love the way he takes no sh1t from players also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

You wont get many of the Patriots haters commenting to be honest Eagle Eye. Don't forget the majority think he is a cheater :rolleyes: :D I just watched it now. Love watching these vids of different coaches gives you a good insight to their character on the sideline. The bit at the end was the best when he was talking to Jason Taylor. It really defines BB and shows why people want to play for him.

Maybe the reason no comments is because it's a pretty dull video? I mean having someone shouting "Great series guys, great effort" for 4 minutes isn't exactly exciting. A few semi interesting bits in there but nothing major.

Maybe the reason no comments is because it's a pretty dull video? I mean having someone shouting "Great series guys, great effort" for 4 minutes isn't exactly exciting. A few semi interesting bits in there but nothing major.

Why did you quote me? I didn't comment as to why nobody is commenting I jokingly said you wont get Patriot haters posting on it Hence these :rolleyes: :D

I for one appreciated the post thank you eagle eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I agree, it is a fairly dull video. Sure what'ya expect from Belichick :p

Eagle eye, search for other videos, the ones with the coaches are far better then the ones with the players.

Josh McDaniels cursing and swearing at his players here.
    And a pretty mad reaction when Marshall scores an awesome touchdown

Whatever you think about Tony Romo, this is a cracking video. Impossible not to like the guy after it.

I thought it was brilliant because Belichick never gets rattled and you see him coaching his defense on the sideline. And when they come off after a good series he is right congratulating them and telling them they got it right.

I have seen loads of videos of coaches giving out yards to their players and celebrating wildly after their team scores, Belichick does neither.

It might be boring but its very insightful and then what happens afterwards with his chat to Taylor and then back in the locker room and telling the guys they are in Monday after a divisional win. Its all business with the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

My bad Tallaght, my understanding of smilies is a bit rusty, didn't realise it was sarcasim.

• Advertisement

Maybe one of the mods could change the name of the thread to the Bill Belichick video thread or something. This one is awesome, he breaks down some of the plays from the Miami game, and watch out for the practice field video they show in the middle. It just shows how much preparation goes into ever Patriots game.

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=VideoNewsdetail&pid=40291&pcid=161&searchstring=belichickbreakdown

Advertisement