Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon Hall apartments and Sherriff Street

Options
  • 12-11-2009 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi,
    I have viewing of Canon hall apartments on Saturday. Seems like alright value but I hear the local area can be extremely dodgy. Does anyone know anything about the development (bought/renting there) or about the area? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

DocDaneka wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have viewing of Canon hall apartments on Saturday. Seems like alright value but I hear the local area can be extremely dodgy. Does anyone know anything about the development (bought/renting there) or about the area? Thanks

I take it your not from Dublin then if you're not familiar with the sheriff. It's not the sheriff street of old thats for sure, but there are still are large amount of hhhmmm, social problems in the area.
    I'm not sure where those apartments are, but if they are in the IFSC, you should be fine, but if they are in or beside the sheriff and you're new to the area it could be intimidating.

Go back down in the night time and have a walk around - might give you a better feel of what the place is like to live in. It wouldn't bother me living there personally, as I know the area very well, but a lot of people would point blank refuse to live beside the sheriff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

DocDaneka wrote: »
    Hi,

If you think 195k for a 1 bed flat is value for money, I suggest you take a good long hard rethink.

Advertisement