Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apprentice rates

• 12-11-2009 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

hi,
    Could someone give me info as to the rates of pay an apprentice recieves ?

and does the rate of pay go up every year on the day of first registration ?

Cheers,John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Hoagy

Details here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

unbelievable rates - no wonder the country is the way it is. 25% reduction minimum needed immediately. Plenty of sparks about doing very little. and remember these are the minimum rates that they are expected to be paid. No wonder the guys from up north are coming down and doing the work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

hi,
    and does the rate of pay go up every year on the day of first registration ?

It should yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Depending on what expenses you have (Rent etc.) and what you're used to (Coming from employment, straight out of school) the wages can be amazing or barely enough.

I'm a 1st year apprentice straight out of school who pays me ma rent and I've never earned so much money, compared to all me mates in college I'm a millionaire so it all depends really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement