Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do Irish men find Irish women so unattractive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

Depends on the person completely imo. Ther's nothing wrong with Irish girls in general, there's tons of great ones. But of course, there are also some awful ones, as there would be anywhere :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jenm8909

Im an irish girl,

People like whats new and appears exotic. Not trying to be big headed ir anything but ive always been considered attractive by both guys and girls.

Moved to england for uni, had no end of fellas chasing me, they loved the accent and what theyre not used to. I myself must admit the posh oxford boarder accents and new attitude and personas so attractive. All because i wasnt used to it coming from the west of ireland.

Left for australia, my god was i in heaven the accents and the attraction. Everyone likes something that is different. Girls are just as bad as guys at liking the newbies.

Just the way the world goes.

At the same time, after living away for nearly 7 years, and living with other nationalities. I have come back and been almost shocked by how alot of irish girls carry on. Sorry but just my opinion

okk

not all irish girls are that bad. Ive met some pretty rude french, spanish and italian girls.

We do have pale skin thats because we dont live in the meditteranean. So dont come to ireland expecting exotic tanned girls because you wont find them here.

At the end of the day, there are some lovely irish girls but you just have to find them. Dont go looking in clubs to see them because you wont find them there.

Generally irish girls hang out with their friends because well they have friends and thats what they are for.

Must be said Irish girls know what they want and wont accept less. Dressing isnt a great forte of some irish girls but hey every country has there own downfalls.

okk

not all irish girls are that bad. Ive met some pretty rude french, spanish and italian girls.

We do have pale skin thats because we dont live in the meditteranean. So dont come to ireland expecting exotic tanned girls because you wont find them here.

At the end of the day, there are some lovely irish girls but you just have to find them. Dont go looking in clubs to see them because you wont find them there.

Generally irish girls hang out with their friends because well they have friends and thats what they are for.

Must be said Irish girls know what they want and wont accept less. Dressing isnt a great forte of some irish girls but hey every country has there own downfalls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Mostly too fat.

• Advertisement

too fat ??

what would too fat be exactly

Im a 8/10, perfect weight for my height, i work hard in the gym 5 times a week and actually 4 of my close female friends are of the same attitude towards health and exercise. I know we have travelled and are of a different attitude.

But to be honest. If you never left ireland, and all you ever had were irish men no wonder some girls let themselves go abit. Their choice of course. But irish men un general except for gaa boys in terms of health and fitness are pretty poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

tbh I would imagine the average looking Irish woman is better looking than the average Irish man, again dont know how this compares to other countries really.

Can't argue with that
    jenm8909 wrote: »
    But irish men un general except for gaa boys in terms of health and fitness are pretty poor

Nor that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

i work hard in the gym 5 times a week

Fair play to ya..... its nice to see you women break sweat just to keep looking ab-fab for us fat lazy Irish men....

my last message was not meant to be offensive, my older brother would be overweight and my younger one big into fitness like me.

I just think that people should be taking better care of themselves in every nation. People moan about not being able to afford to go the gym etc (they are pretty pricey in ireland though).
    But they can go to their local for jagerbombers and fat frogs.
    People just need to get their priorities straight.

my last message was not meant to be offensive, my older brother would be overweight and my younger one big into fitness like me.

I just think that people should be taking better care of themselves in every nation. People moan about not being able to afford to go the gym etc (they are pretty pricey in ireland though).
    But they can go to their local for jagerbombers and fat frogs.
    People just need to get their priorities straight.
    the gym my arse. If people want to get in shape theyll go running around the GAA pitch and do exercised every morning before the shower.

The gym is where youll be seen though, its a very celtic tiger image to me.

• Advertisement

too fat ??

what would too fat be exactly
    Most Irish women weight.

'most irish women weight' ???? maybe you could rephrase that so it actually makes sense.

Gym, gaa pitch, along the road, in the pool. Exercise is exercise there are plenty of opportunities for people to keep fit in every town and village across this country today. There is no excuses for unhealthly people or attitudes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

right well I'm going to give an honest answer. I realise it may not win me any popularity contests, but i reckon honesty is better than popularity. But before i do - I'm generalising - I do realise there are exceptions. Never say never, never say always.

everything
    awesomeeeeeee post first of all :D thread can be closed/concluded now!

Sir,if you are a foreigner like me - for my living experience in ireland for 4 years,i approve you as the Irish Culture Master,i have never seen someone can thoroughly explain this nation in so few words and i have been trying to do this for ages!!:p

the saddest thing is,the local people or even those who travel ALOT,they will still impossible to figure out what you have said back there,is in their genes already!!if you are one of those people,i salute you sir,your observation and analysis skill in living experience is pure genius:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ true.

A French girl I lived with last year was shocked at how unfit Irish girls are. She would say that her friends at home go running/swimming/to an aerobics class etc nearly everyday of the week! I am always much happier when I'm exercising regularly, not because of the weight thing, it just makes you feel better.

'most irish women weight' ???? maybe you could rephrase that so it actually makes sense.
    It makes sense. You should use that shift key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Gym, gaa pitch, along the road, in the pool. Exercise is exercise there are plenty of opportunities for people to keep fit in every town and village across this country today. There is no excuses for unhealthly people or attitudes.
    exactly.go henry street or grafton street ,spot any woman (not teenage girl),look at their arms and beer belly.9/10 have men's arms and beer belly.

i know the truth is cruel:pac: i am open to any correction and argument tho:p

seraphimvc wrote: »
    look at their arms,

9/10 have men's arms

yup, im with you on that one, most Irish women have horrible flabby arms, even if they're not that wide on the hips

unfortuantely i dont see it changing anytime soon.

I think and maybe this isnt right. But at schools in ireland not all but alot of them generally just do one or two sports. I actually wasnt in the least bit sporty in school because i didnt enjoy football or basketball. In the cities maybe it is slightly different and i know kids growing up today have alot more on offer for them. But when i actually left school i had no sports and was not interested in sport or health.

Moved to england and every uni friend took part in a different sport, and exercise became a social thing, playing badminton or squash with mates. Whilst my school friends who remained at home went to the pub. I think in Ireland if you dont have a sport when you leave school it can be difficult to get into one,

I took up netball in australia never played, pretty shocking actually but i found a team, was able to train and play.

Moved back home and fancied rowing, it was so difficult to actually find a club, then to ask to join and see if they could take me in. It was very clicky almost and not open to an over 20 who had never done it before. So i went back to netbal.

Compared to other countries, from what i have heard in schools. A variety of sports is offered with every opportunity for people to find a sport the love.

Maybe im just making up excuses for my fellow irish girls. But if i hadnt left ireland id be probably one of those girls ye are all talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Compared to other countries, from what i have heard in schools. A variety of sports is offered with every opportunity for people to find a sport the love.

This is 100% correct. Especially in France where primary school age kids will get to try everything from judo to orienteering. Not just 'here's a ball, kick it round the yard'.
    Maybe im just making up excuses for my fellow irish girls. But if i hadnt left ireland id be probably one of those girls ye are all talking about.

In fairness the looks aspect of it is a very small one IMO, the attitude problems are a far greater cause of lack of interest from a lot of guys.

yeh like that is mad, i think we did athletics once in 5 years and that was just theres the long jump track now go have a go. P.e class over.

• Advertisement

I think and maybe this isnt right. But at schools in ireland not all but alot of them generally just do one or two sports. I actually wasnt in the least bit sporty in school because i didnt enjoy football or basketball. In the cities maybe it is slightly different and i know kids growing up today have alot more on offer for them. But when i actually left school i had no sports and was not interested in sport or health.

Moved to england and every uni friend took part in a different sport, and exercise became a social thing, playing badminton or squash with mates. Whilst my school friends who remained at home went to the pub. I think in Ireland if you dont have a sport when you leave school it can be difficult to get into one,

I took up netball in australia never played, pretty shocking actually but i found a team, was able to train and play.

Moved back home and fancied rowing, it was so difficult to actually find a club, then to ask to join and see if they could take me in. It was very clicky almost and not open to an over 20 who had never done it before. So i went back to netbal.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo agree.
    PE is pathetic here. Jesus we had two options. Hike thru a muddy glen to frozen rock hard gaelic pitch and get pummelled for 90 mins....NOT fun when you have Raynauds and can't play football to save your life, or stay indoors a faff about in the gym at corpse pace semi-supervised till it was time to go back to class. They cancelled it for last few years. Pathetic.

I also agree with you that it can be hard to get into some sports here. Things that aren't gaelic or soccer tend to be very clicky and kind of hard to do if you don't know who to contact or when etc.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    awesomeeeeeee post first of all :D thread can be closed/concluded now!

Um....thanks!
    You may wish to subscribe to my pamphlet. Feel free to send me a generous donation - cash or credit accepted.

Disclaimer: No pamphlet currently exists. However all donations for a possible, thou unlikely, future pamphlet are gratefully received and shall merely be 'resting' in my 'account' until said pamphlet's is produced at an unspecified and hypothetical future date. Definition of terms: pamphlet = figment of my/your imagination; 'resting' = diminishing rapidly; 'account' = wallet; 'unspecified and hypothetical future date' = never.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

a-k-47 wrote: »
    The avg european girl is nowhere near as hot as irish lads make them out to be!. I will give them one thing though, they eat alot better thus on avg, a slimmer figure. Give me a hot irish girl anyday though.

Go to Norway or Sweden its like the women were genetically engineered to be beautiful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Overflow wrote: »
    Go to Norway or Sweden its like the women were genetically engineered to be beautiful :)

Agreed. I lived in Copenhagen for over a year and I've never seen so many beautiful women in my life. It defied belief. I remember seeing a girl I found to be really hot, working in a Burger King!

I'd be on the train and I'd see endless amounts of girls standing waiting for the train and they could be supermodels, but they aren't. Here, you get some half ok looking girl and she think's amazing. I always think back to Copenhagen when I see some girl here who's up herself and it really puts them in perspective.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ahh yes, spent 10 days in Denmark/Norway/Sweden in August, the best looking girl we saw in 7 cities on the whole trip was working in a McDonalds between Oslo and Bergen.. (Exit 96 for anyone passing that way soon!!)

There were actually 5 of them who were stunners and all working in Mickey D's!!!!!

It was like a bloody catwalk :D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Just to give you a bit of perspective, PE in Poland is pathetic too. There are some clubs and after school activities but they are not pushed on you at all, especially if you're a girl. Still most people are rather active and not necessarily in gyms - although there is a big cut of guys who are seriously into weights and treadmills. Girls and women are very much into fitness classes and you can find an affordable fitness club in almost every bigger estate. It's a bit of a social activity too and a standard way to lose weight - if your clothes are getting too tight you grab a friend and get yourselves monthly passes to a cardio class. Or you hop on a bike, cycling is very popular too.

Actually I think that the requirement of yearly membership most Irish gyms have might be a powerful deterrent. I'm sure more people would be into it if they could choose monthly or pay as you go passes. And Dublin could certainly use one or two of those huge fitness clubs for girls with all kinds of classes during the whole day.

I would never say that Irish girls are unattractive. Some of you are simply gorgeous and have most beautiful eyes, great hair too. Also beautiful, clear glowing complexion. I don't get the fake tanning and hair straightening though, why to spoil something so lovely as curly hair or milky skin? For me the difference is indeed in sizes and toned look (very hard to see here in comparison - even slim girls are just slim and not toned). And sorry to say, Polish girls don't drink nearly as much and so often. I actually think it must contribute a lot, even in calories alone but also in munchies afterwards and the time spent lazying about to recover :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Wibbs wrote: »
    Like I said earlier a bunch of 17/18 year old Irish can hold their own with the rest of europe at that age. Surprisingly given our small genepool, but we can. Fast forward 10 years? Nope I'm sorry but just nope. Not by comparison. Both sexes too. Take the focus off the ladies. Look at the men. I've gone out with a few gym bunnies in my time, so I've been in gyms here and abroad. Purely as an observer of course:):D. Spanish/French gym? You will see guys who look like a cast member of 300. Irish gym? You'll see strong men, but again they tend to be stodgy looking, not ripped. Dunno why. Maybe thats a good thing as they are functionally strong. There are a lot of Irish guys and gals competing in weightlifting and competing well. The women? Fewer small framed toned bodies on view. Much fewer in my experience.

Well fat people are in gyms for a reason. In my gym the best looking girls and the ones in the best shape are all Irish. Some SERIOUS pieces of ass there.
    And there are tonnes of really fit guys, this place is probably a showcase for the finest we have to offer though. I keep fit too though, it's more about diet though than exercise, the stuff the girls at work eat for lunch really makes me wonder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭..Summergirl..

I surprised to read here that Irish girls aren't good looking one. I'm not an Irish but I'm totally disagree that most Irish girls are ugly or fat. I actually saw here pretty Irish girls and not a pretty one much same as in other countries:) I agree that Irish girls do like to wear more casual cloths than vulgar or very attractive but it does not makes them to look unattractive. I also like Irish girls accent for me sounds more gentle than the British :)

Natalie xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

That post by Wibbs 449 is post of the year and should be learned by rote by schoolchildren across the nation. So many home truths.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

That is so true! I went to school in London and we played every sport under the sun. Iceskating, Netball,Tennis, Soccer,Rock Climbing, Swimming, you name it.
    I went to an ordinary state school with poor enough sport facilities but they accomodated for everything, I was hughley athletic when in London playing on the netball and Tennis teams.I cam back to Ireland when I was 16 and tried out for a local team and the UCD team in Basketball, beacuse that seems to be the only sport that women play herel. I didnt get on the teams and they had no beginner team. There are hardly any womens sports team set up just for fun and exercise, especially in Universities.

The leisure centres in Dublin are also dire compared to those in England. I live on the North Side and have been swimming in Marcivecz and Sean Mc Dermott Swimming Pools. There both disgusting, I wouldn't let my dog swim in them and they have not been renovated since at least the 1960's. There is no tennis courts over here. There is one basketabll court in Mountjoy square that always has a queue waiting to play in it.
    The gyms are ludicrously expensive. Its shocking to see no public leisure facilities where built during the Celtic Tiger around the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Spanish/French gym? You will see guys who look like a cast member of 300. Irish gym? You'll see strong men, but again they tend to be stodgy looking, not ripped.

FYI - In the interests of equality, I started back in the gym last week and have ordered a 300/Superman ripped physique. It should be ready in about 12 months time :D Seriously! And I'm a nordy going to a Dublin gym.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

topper75 wrote: »
    That post by Wibbs 449 is post of the year and should be learned by rote by schoolchildren across the nation. So many home truths.
    :eek: step away from the beer.... Tnx tho:)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

topper75 wrote: »

Teachers have enough to do without more piled on :p although I suppose they could squeeze it into a Social and Personal Health Education lesson. WWW... Warnings With Wibbs :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Well fat people are in gyms for a reason. In my gym the best looking girls and the ones in the best shape are all Irish. Some SERIOUS pieces of ass there.
    Oh yes and that's where you're bound to find them, but I would say our idea of best shape is lower than overseas, or different anyway. What I meant was what I saw in foreign gyms apart from the people starting on the long slog to fitness were still "better" and more toned for want of better descriptions(I did note the women use proper weights more though). There is a body shape not as common here, That small framed small waisted shape. Many skinny women here are kind of tubular in shape. hips and waist the same size and as they get older the tube just gets bigger as it were.
    And there are tonnes of really fit guys, this place is probably a showcase for the finest we have to offer though.
    Oh god yea, some of the fittest men I've met have been irish, but that ripped look is not that common. Its either skinny fit or stocky fit if you know what I mean. Is it a gene thing? I dunno. I have noticed a lot of eastern european guys are very big(strong big). Bigger than average here anyway. Maybe its just the type of guys coming here though.
    I keep fit too though, it's more about diet though than exercise, the stuff the girls at work eat for lunch really makes me wonder...
    Diet is a biggy. The personal preference for portion sizes are massive here. Not up to US standards yet, but I have found going to a dinner party here the amount of food you get is a lot. I've felt a bit embarrassed before when I've not finished a plate of food. Especially when compared to other countries. The type of food people eat tends towards the stodge too. Fish seems to be frowned upon. Most salads consist of a few bits of lettuce and some salad dressing. But portion size is the biggy for both genders. Again I reckon our climate has a lot to do with that. What people reckon they need to eat is also very high. Now this is entirely my humble, but if you find you can't fast for 24 hours without feeling weak or going nutso, then something is not quite right(unless you're training etc, even still you should have enough reserves). A healthy person should be able to go three days without too much difficulty. https://www.trocairefast.ie/24hr/index.php/site I reckon this event gets less and less takers with the passing years. It used to be quite a popular one years back. Hey maybe lent used to have an effect back in the old religious days. A mate of mine and his wife reckoned they were getting a bit porky, so they went out and bought smaller plates. It was literally as simple as that. Worked too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

. Now this is entirely my humble, but if you find you can't fast for 24 hours without feeling weak or going nutso, then something is not quite right(unless you're training etc, even still you should have enough reserves). A healthy person should be able to go three days without too much difficulty. https://www.trocairefast.ie/24hr/index.php/site .

I don't agree.
    It's often a case of 'when you know you can't have something, you want it even more!"

I've done the fast a few times, and lasted - but on an average day, if I'm hungry, I damn well eat. There are some days where I may have skipped lunch, and I'm ravenous by 6pm.

I certainly can't imagine "going 3 days without too much difficult" - maybe you should get sponsored for that yourself during the next Fast. . . . I'd certainly applaud anyone functioning for 3 whole days without food!!

Regarding the OP, I don't care to dather in the politics or theories involved in deciding the how or why: my simple opinion is - there are plenty of attractive Irish women, there are plenty of attractive non - Irish women; similarly, there are plenty of UNattractive women in all races so you can't generalise. And whatever about the looks, I think Irish women [and men] have better personalities than their Eastern European counterparts! :D

• Advertisement

Special K wrote: »
    I don't agree.
    It's often a case of 'when you know you can't have something, you want it even more!"
    Oh yea the psychological aspect is the biggest I would say.
    I certainly can't imagine "going 3 days without too much difficult" - maybe you should get sponsored for that yourself during the next Fast. . . . I'd certainly applaud anyone functioning for 3 whole days without food!!
    Really? You couldnt imagine that? I reckon I can still go three days pretty easily. Havent done more than a weekend in a few years, but a three dayer I still reckon ok. A few weekends a year I would fast. I just feel better after it for some reason. Clears my head. That's just me though and I wouldnt eat much anyway. So I can't apply that to anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I could never go 3 days without food. A few hours makes me dizzy. But then again I had low blood sugar issues when I was younger, so that's different I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

wow and wow :eek:

Hahahahaha such sad people to slate and attack a whole country of women by the ones they meet :rolleyes: Funny how all the girls i know are slim and look good and dress good even alot of them after babies aswell! and would never ever be rude to anyone approaching them.
    Also how they dress as well,like Irish men have even an idea how to dress at all :confused: Like hello jeans hanging off your asses and beer bellies hanging out,ever heard of a belt ? drinking till you cant see anymore and drooling all over the Girls in pub and clubs and cursing.Proper gentlemen:D Hold on come speak to me :rolleyes:
    Hahahaha and someone saying their non Irish friend said why do Irish women wear clothes to big for them.Seriously tell your friend to criticize her own country first and mind her own business.

Why do some Irish women/girls become like they are not wanting to be approached by men in pubs because they have been treated badly and afraid to let you near them,especially in pubs and clubs.Non nationals did'nt have to grow up with you so gentleman like type men so they don't have a clue,and yous have to be on your best behaviour cause if you spoke to non national like you talk to Irish women most of your lives,they would tell you where to go to.And understand why some Irish women wont talk to yous.:D

Seriously what a load of rubbish talk and generalisation,as i said before how you feel about your mothers and sisters :rolleyes: The grumpy mean ugly bad dressing bitches to,must be they are irish ;)

Lets face it ratio of good Irish men who have manners and dont treat Irish women like shiat is small percentage.

I surprised to read here that Irish girls aren't good looking one. I'm not an Irish but I'm totally disagree that most Irish girls are ugly or fat. I actually saw here pretty Irish girls and not a pretty one much same as in other countries:) I agree that Irish girls do like to wear more casual cloths than vulgar and very attractive but it does not makes them to look unattractive. I also like Irish girls accent for me sounds more gentle than the British :)

Natalie xxx

Thanks Natalie :) you are sweet xx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

shqipshume wrote: »

Hahahahaha such sad people to slate and attack a whole country of women by the ones they meet :rolleyes:...

Lets face it ratio of good Irish men who have manners and dont treat Irish women like shiat is small percentage.

contradict yourself much?

• Advertisement

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    contradict yourself much?

You got the point ;)

i dont think it was ever meant to attack the whole female population of ireland. The thread has raised some valid points about health and fitness in this country which are blatant for all to see irish or visitors.

i dont think it was ever meant to attack the whole female population of ireland. The thread has raised some valid points about health and fitness in this country which are blatant for all to see irish or visitors.

Valid points on what exactly ,There is fat women in every country in world there is women who don't dress good in every country in world.There is women who would tell a man to go jump for approaching them everywhere in world.
    But Irish women are getting slated with they are the worst and how oh other nationalities look better dress better and are not as fat.
    My mother is 65 years old and she looks 45 and so does all her friends and she and they dress immaculate.The ratio of women that they are talking about would be the same in all other countries,just those countries are bigger and less likely to be so noticeable.

Hahahahaha such sad people to slate and attack a whole country of women by the ones they meet.

Such a sad person to take it all so personally :rolleyes:. Like I said before start a thread about Irish guys...tbh it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I'd be pretty quick to own up to my own faults and failings as an Irish guy, things that I know wouldn't be common in other nationalities, that's just life, we're not all identical, there are differences between nationalities.

A lot of what I have said in fact I have only noticed in the last couple of years, especially since my OH has been pointing things out to me and once she has, they become glaringly obvious (again contradicts all the claims that this is just guys attacking Irish girls), plus my own experiences abroad..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I can only speak for myself but I'm going to be brutally honest (probably because it bothers other people a lot more than it bothers me). I can, on a good day, have a cracking personality. Even on my best day, I have never had a cracking face or body. Chances are, I never will - although I'm not saying I won't try. I am much happier being intelligent enough to hold a conversation, honest enough to be endearing to some and funny enough to amuse those who matter to me than I was at my slimmest (which still wasn't very slim) when I was obsessed with my weight, my appearance in general and how people viewed me without ever having talked to me.

Now, I couldn't give a sh!t what people think about my exterior, unless I'm having a very emotional day. I know I'm a work in progress - and at the moment it's very slow, sort-of sustained progress - but I would hate to exchange my current appearance for a more socially acceptable one and lose me in the process, because I quite like me. If Irish men don't, then that's their issue, not mine, because frankly I don't give a toss.

I think that both Irish men and Irish women are at fault where the whole "national dislike of each other" stereotype is concerned. Irish women occasionally do, when out in a group, have an attack-is-the-best-form-of-defence rule of thumb, they're abrasive and could do with chilling out and going with the flow - but they're also entitled to go out together for an uninterrupted night of fun. Irish men are no angels either. I had someone kick me in the ass this weekend for turning his friend down. Sure, he did it as a "joke", but I don't see that I was obliged to do anything more than say no, I'm not interested, but thanks. That SHOULD be adequate - but it's usually not. Lots of women I know pretend to have boyfriends or girlfriends just to avoid unwanted attention - I've done it myself. It's not done out of rudeness, rather people want to have their own night out and don't see why someone they don't know should be allowed to assume an obligation of them where none exists. We're all to blame, in different circumstances.

prinz wrote: »
    Such a sad person to take it all so personally :rolleyes:. Like I said before start a thread about Irish guys...tbh it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I'd be pretty quick to own up to my own faults and failings as an Irish guy, things that I know wouldn't be common in other nationalities, that's just life, we're not all identical, there are differences between nationalities.

A lot of what I have said in fact I have only noticed in the last couple of years, especially since my OH has been pointing things out to me and once she has, they become glaringly obvious (again contradicts all the claims that this is just guys attacking Irish girls), plus my own experiences abroad..

I will stand up for Irish girls always and as an Irish girl i can understand even though i havent let it bother me why they would be rude the ones that are to some Irish men.

Hard for me to take it personal and to be sad when i am laughing at all your posts.

Yeah and i could say the same from my personal experiences with Irish men and could say so many things about them to.

Come on how many Irish men know how to dress like non nationals and who are as good looking with manners :D

Difference with you and I, i wouldn't be on a thread about Irish men all time giving out because whats it to me,unlike you.
    Live your life and take care of your future wife instead of worrying about how Irish women are or not.Why do you care they didn't ask you to!

p.s your oh isnt Irish.
    And i have seen Irish women come on here and say that the ones who are rude and drink to much they dont like to see either.But its their lives and they can live how they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Oh god yea, some of the fittest men I've met have been irish, but that ripped look is not that common. Its either skinny fit or stocky fit if you know what I mean. Is it a gene thing? I dunno. I have noticed a lot of eastern european guys are very big(strong big). Bigger than average here anyway. Maybe its just the type of guys coming here though.

I know it's only an assumption, but most of the Irish men I know do quite physical work which keeps them toned - they all have bloody fantastic arms and shoulders - but they're not "gym" muscle people. I'm not explaining that properly, I understand they probably do work out a bit too, but they don't have the mad ripped muscles of the stereotypical eastern european either.

I will stand up for Irish girls always...

Why is that?
    Yeah and i could say the same from my personal experiences with Irish men and could say so many things about them to.

Go for it then, I will gladly admit to them if I have done it.
    Come on how many Irish men know how to dress like non nationals and who are as good looking with manners :D

Both perfectly valid points. As a nation I think we're brutal dressers, I am getting help on that point though :D as regards manners, there are two levels when it comes to common courtesy like thank you, excuse me etc I think we do ok but have definitely gotten worse, situation may improve again with the economy sliding. On the other hand, things like punctuality, contacting people, doing things when we say we will etc - we are terrible.
    Difference with you and I, i wouldn't be on a thread about Irish men all time giving out because whats it to me,unlike you.

What's it to you if people give out about Irish women? No one asked you to come on and be a spokeswoman for the cause.

Yup. They're mostly too fat alright.

prinz wrote: »
    Why is that?

Why should i not? I am Irish and loyal to Irish girls when an awful lot of them are sweet caring big hearted friendly people.And the generalisation of it all is preposterous

Go for it then, I will gladly admit to them if I have done it.

I really couldn't be bothered to because i don't care,i am happy with my bf :)

Both perfectly valid points. As a nation I think we're brutal dressers, I am getting help on that point though :D as regards manners, there are two levels when it comes to common courtesy like thank you, excuse me etc I think we do ok but have definitely gotten worse, situation may improve again with the economy sliding. On the other hand, things like punctuality, contacting people, doing things when we say we will etc - we are terrible.

Irish women dress better than Irish men (sorry) good for you why would you want to be molded to way she thinks you should dress though?

What's it to you if people give out about Irish women? No one asked you to come on and be a spokeswoman for the cause.
    Because i am sick and tired of Irish men slating Irish women and then pointing to others and saying they should be more like that.Why the hell should they?
    If you don't like them don't date them and if you like look of non national good for you.Still doesn't give you right to make judgments on women/girls(same goes for your oh) you don't even know and don't want a life with.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement