Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do Irish men find Irish women so unattractive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

herya wrote: »
    Would you see it as some bizarre side effect of the "entitlement" and "confidence" as defined in the Celtic Tiger legacy? It probably manifests itself across certain age groups and that's how it manifests itself in a certain bracket of young women?

Yes. I never noticed it growing up tbh definitely something that has creeped in relatively recently.
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    Talk to any of the older generation, or watch some reeling in the years type stuff.
    And you'll hear similar complaints.We are individuals, we shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush because we share the same island and bits.

:rolleyes: (a) your mock outrage is actually the type of thing I mean and (B) this is AH etc etc and (C) I am not tarring everbody with any brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    As I said before, where do you come into this??

As I said before its a public thread.
    If you don´t agree with this, then why are you getting offended and ansty about what I say? What´s the story with the sarcasm??? I apologised to Prinz! Chill out!

Mainly this:
    It´s 37 pages of mainly hateful tripe that´s just nasty and uncalled for and I´m sick to the teeth of reading this ****e repeatedly.

Whilst I partially agree with you - and I think there is too much hateful petty stuff being said I'm actually finding some of it interesting. I don't appreciate you jumping in and flouncing about how much tripe it is when you havne't even read it.
    I´ve had a long day at work and I don´t want to read this when I come home.

LMOA:D Seriously ? Are you being sarcastic ? Did someone put a gun to your head and MAKE you read it ? If you don't like, then don't read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

As I said before its a public thread.

Mainly this:

Whilst I partially agree with you - and I think there is too much hateful petty stuff being said I'm actually finding some of it interesting. I don't appreciate you jumping in and flouncing about how much tripe it is when you havne't even read it.

LMOA:D Seriously ? Are you being sarcastic ? Did someone put a gun to your head and MAKE you read it ? If you don't like, then don't read it.

Are you actually laughing your ass of there? Right. Hilarious. Sarcasm. Hilarious. Whatever Opinion Guy....I prefer you over in PI...you´re just a sheep here. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Wibbs wrote: »
    Yea and Irish men are to write home about? Chunky with dubious dress sense. EG no man over 30 and defo anyway chunky should wear those long shorts and sandals. It's wrong. It doesn't look cool. You don't look look hip. Just stop. You nonce. Though I have gathered Irish men are well endowed as far as reports go, so hey we're doin alright. Plus Irish women are much better endowed and shaped in the bewb dept. So munters we may all be but bigger wilies and bewbs make up for it. That and the ability to crack up laughing when both are first brought out on display in the bedroom. Result. Take that you stylish Parisiens with your flat chest and tiny manhoods. Overcompensation I say :p:D

I am sorry to say Irish men in my experience aren't well endowed. I have been with four non Irish men and each one was far bigger then I was used to so which leads me to think Irish men are a bit on the small side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 A.Blinkin

While this is an interesting topic, I think any woman is entitled to be offended by it. When I was travelling I met interesting people from every culture, and as anyone can determine with a degree of reasoning, for every different nationality there is a myriad of differnet personalities.
    Admittedly, the majority of people we meet travelling are open-minded and friendly so you kinda love everyone..but I always had a fierce loyalty for my fellow Irish men. I guess you kind of view the whole country as your extended family so it's like you can say whatever **** you want about them but if anyone else dares...*shakes fist Hahahhaha!
    I guess my point is that I don't understand why Irish people have to be so down on each other. And if anyone quotes Shaw they will be killed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Why have an Irish girl who might put out once maybe twice then thinks the deed is done....

gotta work for your man or fupp right off. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Pdfile wrote: »
    Why have an Irish girl who might put out once maybe twice then thinks the deed is done....

gotta work for your man or fupp right off. :rolleyes:

:D Do Irish women get bored of sex then? Maybe your not working for woman and she just loses in interest, nobody says no to good sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Teutorix wrote: »
    Alot of teenage girls in this country are either overweight or ugly.

All the potentially good looking ones are fat and all the ones that are in shape look like arse.

Fat and ugly :rolleyes:

http://www.taylorsirishnight.com/pictures/picture_images/irish_girls.JPG

http://www.dyestat.com/3us/4xc/MtSac/mtsac-donna/irish45.jpg

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00071/364903_jpg_71883t.jpg RIP Girls :(

http://photos.tobinhosting.com/d/119560-2/uclairish.jpg

http://image51.webshots.com/51/9/46/4/417194604cdkcBF_ph.jpg

http://www.inishowennews.com/images/2009/MalinGirls.jpg

All ugly and fat and unhealthy pasty looking girls :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

shqipshume wrote: »

Ta for that shqipshume, but you must concede to the chauvinists that because they are Irish they must have a huge chip on their shoulders, are ignorant, fighting drunkards with no class or education and who live to piss off the gorgous Irish men (George and Brad must be quaking in their boots), meh, give me a nice sexy American/Aussie/Swede male anyday who won't get sick on my shoes .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 itisme

it seems to me that irish blokes dont want irish girls, with the recent influx of other nationalities they want something a bit different and new the novelty will wear off soon.

• Advertisement

Ta for that shqipshume, but you must concede to the chauvinists that because they are Irish they must have a huge chip on their shoulders, are ignorant, fighting drunkards with no class or education and who live to piss off the gorgous Irish men (George and Brad must be quaking in their boots), meh, give me a nice sexy American/Aussie/Swede male anyday who won't get sick on my shoes .....

Do you want some gravy with that delicious slice of irony?

Your welcome Hells Belle :)
    Funny how they avoid my comments on how Irish men treat Irish women over the years,and any wonder why alot of them wont talk to them because.Why non nationals will give them chance is because they haven't lived with them through teen years,(Not all Irish men) But a alot of them.I had to grow up with their rude nasty comments because i wouldn't sleep with them or go out with them.If non nationals had to grow up around them then they would avoid like plague.:D So obviously these Irish girls who do snub them are wide to their personalities right off mark.:D

I said it as i was growing up wow the Irish gentleman is all but dead except in the few since the years of around 1970's from what i can tell.Because then there was respect and courtesy towards Irish women.My mother cant believe how Irish men treat Irish women now.

prinz wrote: »
    Do you want some gravy with that delicious slice of irony?

Would you like a personality to go with that chip on your shoulder? And you wonder why Irish girls don't respond positively to you.......

http://www.buyapersonality.com/

Funny how they avoid my comments on how Irish men treat Irish women over the years,and any wonder why alot of them wont talk to them because.Why non nationals will give them chance is because they haven't lived with them through teen years,(Not all Irish men) But a alot of them.I had to grow up with their rude nasty comments because i wouldn't sleep with them or go out with them.If non nationals had to grow up around them then they would avoid like plague.:D So obviously these Irish girls who do snub them are wide to their personalities right off mark.:D

That is so true, sorry non national ladies but you are in for a real treat with some of our males in a few years when your dream Irish guy shows his true colours. Wait for the farting, leaving dirty underwear on the floor, washing in the sink, perhaps pissing in it after a night out and expecting you to be their surrogate mammies. Or maybe they'll turn sexist on you as they have on us (or racist, I can't decide, can one be racist against ones own race??)

That is so true, sorry non national ladies but you are in for a real treat with some of our males in a few years when your dream Irish guy shows his true colours. Wait for the farting, leaving dirty underwear on the floor, washing in the sink, perhaps pissing in it after a night out and expecting you to be their surrogate mammies. Or maybe they'll turn sexist on you as they have on us (or racist, I can't decide, can one be racist against ones own race??)

I actually think you can.:confused:

I know what it is,Some Irish men couldn't cope with the fact Irish women actually got fed up with their way of approaching them with their nasty rude un gentleman like attitudes and their bullying childish carry on,and Some Irish men think its their god given right for Irish women to put up with it because they are Irish.Were as with non nationals they have to approach them in gentleman like manner because they wouldn't go next to near them other wise.So they have to pretend they are someone they are not.:D

Hahaha p.s i like the way you underlined some :D

And you wonder why Irish girls don't respond positively to you......

I don't.

Or maybe they'll turn sexist on you as they have on us (or racist, I can't decide, can one be racist against ones own race??)

We're not a race, we're a nationality. Personally I haven't seen anyone say anything sexist either :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

finger up your arse?

American/Aussie/Swede male anyday who won't get sick on my shoes .....

American men. Domineering.
    Aussies. Racist two dimensional oiks.
    Swedes. Wears pink underwear.

Sick does wash out. :P

I don't.

Here prinz,I will give you an example of me out in a hotel pub in Dublin city center around from Grafton street.With two of my friends who are non nationals.I was standing with them at the bar.Hadn't been there long when a group of Irish men between 18 to 28 who were out celebrating something with work approached us.My friends immediately snubbed them.I however saw no harm in talking to them.As the conversation continued they became rude in their conversation towards me.The more uncomfortable i got,i decided that i should tell them.Then they persisted in calling me names.The bar man in the place came over and told them to leave me alone(non national) I left few minutes later night ruined.

• Advertisement

Wagon wrote: »
    finger up your arse?

She did say (some) in all fairness so you shouldn't take offence if not guilty of any of the above:D

But the guys are saying alot and not some about the Irish women so therefore thats why i am defending.

Here prinz,I will give you an example...

They were tossers. A lot of them about. Here's what you should do, start a thread about Irish men! Like I said I will gladly contribute my own faults, rather than whine about how sexist and chauvinist you are.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

I think there's no question there are lots of men who let their side down too. But in fairness, this has absolutely nothing to do with the OP. I have no issues if someone wishes to start a thread why irish women find irish men unattractive or some such. But I don't think it helps this OP if we go off topic here.

In an earlier post, I stated my point that I do find Irish women physically attractive. I think there are many other male contributers here who agreed with that and the other point that irish women in recent times seem to harbour an enormours of negativity that borders on hostility and this is in fact the source of what we find unattractive.

Oh yeah and fake tan too!;)

Aha i see whats going on Irish men want to be talked about :D

We're not a race, we're a nationality. Personally I haven't seen anyone say anything sexist either :confused:

eh yes we are a race.

race2  
    –noun 1.a group of persons related by common descent or heredity.2.a population so related.

Wagon: I can't respond to your comment. I'm too much of a lady. I will say however you should be in school now, your Junior Cert is very important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

WTF is with the sudden increase in muppetry & childishness?

Christ on a bike girls - you're ruining it for the other sensible ladies out there that have the class not to get sucked into this.

How pathetic are the cheap digs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AudreyLOL

Moonbaby wrote: »
    American men. Domineering.
    Aussies. Racist two dimensional oiks.
    Swedes. Wears pink underwear.

Sick does wash out. :P

LoL ^__^

My opinion is that Irish men are immature. This explains everything:
    • Firstly, why they are interested in other nationalities. They are used to Irish girls, so anything else is exotic, and therefore more attractive.
    • Secondly, why they are afraid of marriage (this, I find, is a big deal for MANY Irish women, as it is for many others around the world). So they think that by meeting girls who are in the country for a shorter period of time they are going to avoid the issue.

But again most men in the world are immature :D
    I think you can find the same pattern in any other country, of guys finding brazilian/swedish/ polish/ chinese / (name a country) girls more attractive than their own, which they find dull and boring.

Conclusion: we all have to grow up a lil bit and learn to value what we have in our own garden. This does not mean we cannot appreciate what grows in somebody elses' garden! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Liah... You've created a monster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Poccington wrote: »
    Liah... You've created a monster.

I know. :(

I'm sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭realismpol

whats unattractive. Define it? In most mens eyes its probably the actual physical form of the person. But yeah in fairness the irish aren't the most attractive nation of people are they.

Why do irish men find irish women so unattractive. I dunno is that a fact or something. I think as egon spengler once said the door swings both ways. In general i find with ireland people don't get enough physcial activity and spend way too much time drinking. Also they eat really poor unhealthy diets thus leading to poor physical appearance. I think if they did more excercise, had more sun(not irelands fault), drank less and ate proper diets they would improve their physical appearance. If you eat crappy foods/drink constantly and have a poor diet then you generally end up looking like what you eat/drink. The rest is just genetics. We didn't really mix that much with others thus our gene pool is weak so that would account for a lot of it also.

just my 2 cents.

Attitude wise i don't think irish women are any different from any other race or nationality of women. All women can be snobby and nice its just who you bump into.

liah wrote: »
    I know. :(

I'm sorry!

Oh wait, you're not Irish.

Hai. ;)

Check your PM's. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Poccington wrote: »
    Oh wait, you're not Irish.

Hai. ;)

Check your PM's. :pac:

someone thinks he's getting laid

Zulu wrote: »
    WTF is with the sudden increase in muppetry & childishness?

Christ on a bike girls - you're ruining it for the other sensible ladies out there that have the class not to get sucked into this.

How pathetic are the cheap digs?

As opposed to the guys on here bitching like little children about Irish women :rolleyes:
    Just because we wont sit back and let them talk trash the ones who do about majority of Irish women like they have been.
    Typical male chauvinism don't want women to speak out against them.We aren't mice ;)
    So if you dont like it when women talk back go get a yes man woman:p

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    someone thinks he's getting laid

Obviously.

Or Ike Turner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Typical male chauvinism don't want women to speak out against them.
    Yes, it's male chauvinism, that's why I made the point. :rolleyes:

Well you certainly told me, and if that isn't an attractive quality, I don't know what is. Kudos.

End of thread?
    Please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I have to admit, there does seem to be a lot of girls walking around with a chip on their shoulder for no apparent reason.

Having said that, the girl I'm currently lusting after like the devil himself is an Irish girl at work. I reckon she's put on a bit of weight recently (I hope she's not carrying the spawn of another man's seed) but even so, I'm so attracted to her it defies belief to the point where I don't care if she never loses the weight.

Naturally she completely blanks me and doesn't even know I exist, but sure that's the norm!

As opposed to the guys on here bitching like little children about Irish women :rolleyes:

Once again, this is AH, lighten up yeah?
    Just because we wont sit back and let them talk trash the ones who do about majority of Irish women like they have been.
    Typical male chauvinism don't want women to speak out against them.We aren't mice ;)

Once again, start a thread...please do..

There's a difference between talking back/standing up for yourself and just being pig ignorant.

A.Blinkin wrote: »
    While this is an interesting topic, I think any woman is entitled to be offended by it. When I was travelling I met interesting people from every culture, and as anyone can determine with a degree of reasoning, for every different nationality there is a myriad of differnet personalities.
    Admittedly, the majority of people we meet travelling are open-minded and friendly so you kinda love everyone..but I always had a fierce loyalty for my fellow Irish men. I guess you kind of view the whole country as your extended family so it's like you can say whatever **** you want about them but if anyone else dares...*shakes fist Hahahhaha!
    I guess my point is that I don't understand why Irish people have to be so down on each other. And if anyone quotes Shaw they will be killed. :)

I absolutely agree with this one hundred per cent. I´ve never come across a nation who knocks each other as much as we do....but yet we´re ferociously nationalistic about a lot of other things. I´m ridiculously proud to be Irish, my friends always laugh at me when I go on a drunken monologue about how great our country essentially is. I feel all warm inside when I think of Ireland as being part of my identity, particularly when I´m abroad. I stood in the pub alone again last night in a pub in Madrid watching Ireland V France surrounded by French fans (I´ve no Irish friends here) and I felt ferociously proud. It´s illogical to feel proud of a place you´re born into out of luck...but I still am.

So Prinz said he´d contribute to a thread about Irish men if I started one...the thing is, I never would because I like Irish men. Irish men are my friends, my 2 brothers, my dad, my cousins, all those Irish lads I met travelling, most of the men I loved, the old Irish men who´d strike up a conversation with your randomly on the street. I´m still genuinely excited to meet a person from my own country abroad, male or female, because I know fun will ensue. That´s just the way it is.

I absolutely agree with this one hundred per cent. I´ve never come across a nation who knocks each other as much as we do....So Prinz said he´d contribute to a thread about Irish men if I started one...the thing is, I never would because I like Irish men.

I like Irish women, which is why I think it's so sad that there are so many out there letting the side down. For me it has nothing to do with looks etc, but is a state of mind/attitude which I find unattractive. Plus it's a relatively recent thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

In a bar in city centre recently a guy (very yum I might add) approached me and after chatting for a few minutes, he asked was I Irish..

He seemed shocked when I said I was, and said that I'm much too attractive to be Irish...

Regardless of how hot he was, I found the comment offensive and ended the conversation pretty much straight away..

I like Irish women, which is why I think it's so sad that there are so many out there letting the side down. For me it has nothing to do with looks etc, but is a state of mind/attitude which I find unattractive. Plus it's a relatively recent thing.

Grand. A vast majority more waving the OTHER flag. I won´t be associated or lumped in the same box with any idiot based on my gender and where I was born. I´ll associate myself with the good aspects of my country because they´re the ones I adhere to (friendly with a sense of humour) like most Irish females I know.

In a bar in city centre recently a guy (very yum I might add) approached me and after chatting for a few minutes, he asked was I Irish..

He seemed shocked when I said I was, and said that I'm much too attractive to be Irish...

Regardless of how hot he was, I found the comment offensive and ended the conversation pretty much straight away..

Yup. I´ve got this too. A complete turn-off, rude and offensive. Have a bit of respect instead of giving back-handed compliments. What man with any kind of cop on says that to a girl he´s interested in? Duh times infinity.

• In a bar in city centre recently a guy (very yum I might add) approached me and after chatting for a few minutes, he asked was I Irish..

I get that all the time. I know it's supposed to be a compliment but it's a rude thing to say, especially coming from a foreign person. He is basically insulting the whole Irish side of my family. Not being known to hold back, I usually say something along the lines of, you must have left your manners at home tonight? Then no doubt he goes back to his mates to complain about how rude Irish girls are. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Funny how they avoid my comments on how Irish men treat Irish women over

No I answered you pages back. Funny how you're avoiding my answer :rolleyes:
    (or racist, I can't decide, can one be racist against ones own race??)

Yes I was wondering this myself. 'Self hating Irish' perhaps ?
    eh yes we are a race.

race2  
    –noun 1.a group of persons related by common descent or heredity.2.a population so related.

Wagon: I can't respond to your comment. I'm too much of a lady. I will say however you should be in school now, your Junior Cert is very important.

+1. Definitely a race. Highest rates of several genetic diseases worldwide including CF, haemochromatosis and several others. Makes us genetically distinct from other Europeans including the English.

Some of the guys and gals are petty bitching here you care correct. I'm sorry others are trying to give considered answers. Whether you like to hear it or not there are some genuine reasons behind this. If you want to go jumping into gender roles then fine go for it and ignore the legitimate things being said.
    Yup. I´ve got this too. A complete turn-off, rude and offensive. Have a bit of respect instead of giving back-handed compliments. What man with any kind of cop on says that to a girl he´s interested in? Duh times infinity.

Yeah this cuts both ways too as I've gotten this from girls who were interested until they asked me was I Canadian and I said no I'm irish. they then almost immediately turned their backs on me. To be honest I had a good laugh at their pettyness. (Incidentally I could just as easily have lied thru my teeth if I were the typical Irish man-bastard shqipshume thinks us all to be)

Eve_Dublin I also want to say I was unduly cranky with you before so I apologise

No I answered you pages back. Funny how you're avoiding my answer :rolleyes:

Some of the guys and gals are petty bitching here you care correct. I'm sorry others are trying to give considered answers. Whether you like to hear it or not there are some genuine reasons behind this. If you want to go jumping into gender roles then fine go for it and ignore the legitimate things being said.

Didnt see that reply sorry :)

Well maybe i did take it a bit to far but i mean some would be a word could be used,because majority of the Irish girls i know would stand up for Irish guys against everyone and curse out anyone who talks bad about them.Loyalty would be a word for Majority of Irish girls,because they see them as Irish like their fathers brothers cousins friends.
    Why isn't there a thread committed to the good Irish women who aren't rude or mean or drunkards and dress very well and alot of the stunning Irish girls i do know is large amount.
    Because i know hell of alot more of them then not.

Zulu wrote: »
    Yes, it's male chauvinism, that's why I made the point. :rolleyes:

Well you certainly told me, and if that isn't an attractive quality, I don't know what is. Kudos.

End of thread?
    Please?

Hahahahaha yeah fuel for fire burn :D

Just kidding with you i know you not one of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

Yeah this cuts both ways too as I've gotten this from girls who were interested until they asked me was I Canadian and I said no I'm irish. they then almost immediately turned their backs on me. To be honest I had a good laugh at their pettyness. (Incidentally I could just as easily have lied thru my teeth if I were the typical Irish man-bastard shqipshume thinks us all to be)

why would they think you are Canadian?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

I have to admit, there does seem to be a lot of girls walking around with a chip on their shoulder for no apparent reason.

Having said that, the girl I'm currently lusting after like the devil himself is an Irish girl at work. I reckon she's put on a bit of weight recently (I hope she's not carrying the spawn of another man's seed) but even so, I'm so attracted to her it defies belief to the point where I don't care if she never loses the weight.

Naturally she completely blanks me and doesn't even know I exist, but sure that's the norm!

Uh have you tried talking to this girl or are you just going to let her 'blank' you and not do anything about it and let that incident continue to influence your belief that 'there does seem to be a lot of girls walking around with a chip on their shoulder for no apparent reason.'???

Grow a pair and find out if she is available and take it from there!!! Im sure she's blessed that you are so unshallow to mind that 'she's put on a bit of weight recently'. Sure she should feel lucky to get any man :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Wagon: I can't respond to your comment. I'm too much of a lady.
    :confused: i see...
    I will say however you should be in school now, your Junior Cert is very important.
    Oh that is soooo stupid! Everyone knows the Junior Cert is completely irrelevent.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement