Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do Irish men find Irish women so unattractive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Duggy747 wrote: »
    tthat's my input on this thread before the liberals come and call me a sexist pig.

Come on .. one more post for your 2000th!!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

foodie66 wrote: »
    Yeah thats the difference in men and women. A lot of women are not into one night stands with random people and there's also an increased awareness of going home with strange men ... generally not a good idea! Women just want to be romanced before getting into the sack, men just want to hit the sack... thats a generalised view of course. And by romance i don't mean wined and dined and treated like a queen, i mean actually getting to know a guy and having them respect you... most guys couldn't give a ****e about any of that as long as they sealed the deal! FACT! If that makes you think we are above everyone well then yeah i must be one of those women with a chip on her shoulder you talk about! Proud of it!!

That might well be you and I admire your self-respect, but from what I can see these days girls are just as up for one night stands as guys are if not more so. I certainly think very few of the guys I know are out for the mindless thing compared to 10 years ago, wheres as the girls seem to almost boast about it with notch on the bedpost mentaltiy
    zootroid wrote: »
    And Irish people in general seem a lot happier/friendlier/more relaxed when abroad.

Yeah I'd agree with that to an extent. But then thats ex-pats in general. Your in a strange place its only natural to bond with your country-folk. There's something about ex-pat communities thats very appealing regardless of where you are from. Maybe its that all expats have something in common regardless of their country of origin - they are all visitors to a strange country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I'm jealous of his money but trust me, my comments about him not getting as many girls if he wasn't famous is a simple fact.

I could name another 100 men who women go weak and the knees for and if they weren't famous women wouldn't f**king look twice at them.

Colin Farrell is not famous for his extraordinary acting ability OutlawPete. He´s famous because the man is gorgeous and his acting ability is only passable. If you really want to know, I had the hots for him when he was in Ballykissangel in the early 00´s from the first moment I clapped eyes on him and my attraction to him has gone down considerably since he became super-dooper famous and he started wearing bling in his ears and putting blonde highlights in his hair. He´s still a hottie though.

Oh and I believe women are less into famous men than men into famous women.

Oh and look! .1% less Irish men think Irish men are hideous since I logged off at about 8pm last night! Yay! My predictions were correct!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

how come there are no female international sex symbols a la Colin Farrell? Don't say the Corrs!

Yeah I'd agree with that to an extent. But then thats ex-pats in general. Your in a strange place its only natural to bond with your country-folk. There's something about ex-pat communities thats very appealing regardless of where you are from. Maybe its that all expats have something in common regardless of their country of origin - they are all visitors to a strange country

Most of my friends here in Madrid are ex-pats (I´ve only one Irish friend weirdly) and a couple of Spanish friends. The ex-pats stick to themselves because they consider the locals to be rude and unfriendly. I´m not saying if I share their views or not but foreigners behave differently when they don´t live in their own country. I really don´t think it´s fair to compare the foreign chicks that live in Ireland to the Irish women living in Ireland.

• Advertisement

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    how come there are no female international sex symbols a la Colin Farrell? Don't say the Corrs!

In fairness, I can only think of Colin Farrell as an example of an international male Irish sex symbol (and I´m talking someone born and raised in Ireland....none of this half Irish-American rubbish).

The Corrs are considered hot internationally, so why shouldn´t they be mentioned???? They´re gorgeous women! Sinead O´Connor was absolutely stunning in her younger days....one of the most beautiful women around at that time. Gemma Hayes....beautiful. Lisa Hannigan....beautiful. They´re not international sex symbols but they´re very talented and very, very beautiful. Those women aren´t well known for getting their baps out any opportunity they get but they have talent and I for one commend that.

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Colin Farrell is not famous for his extraordinary acting ability OutlawPete. He´s famous because the man is gorgeous and his acting ability is only passable.

:D I'm not saying women like him for his acting abilities.
    If you really want to know, I had the hots for him when he was in Ballykissangel in the early 00´s from the first moment I clapped eyes on him

As did most girls. He was on TV and he's very good looking so girls will go mad for him. Had he of been working in Unique in The Ilac he'd get the eyes but that would be it.

Come on. You get me one gorgeous guy in Dublin where girls are lining up to speak to them in a bar or just start following them in the street.
    Oh and I believe women are less into famous men than men into famous women.

Okay, with all due respect .. now your talking bollox. :)

Men are more into famous people than women are? You must be joking me.

F**king Jedward brought Grafton Street to a standstill the other day and W*stlife too (damn swear filter) and I can name a dozen other stars that will get women screaming through the streets of Dublin.

This week at Twilight you will get women in their 20's screaming in a f*cking cinema. When have you ever seen men do these things?

Sure, some of us wanna bang Beyonce, Britney or whoever floats our boat but we won't get f*cking hysterical about it.

If a guy see a famous chick he wants to f*ck I bet you a million quid that if that same girl was working in Marks and Spencers he'd wanna bang her just the same.

Women however will swoon and go weak at fu*king knees for any reasonably good looking twat if he's famous and should he have happened not to be famous chances are the same girls would be walking past him in the street.

Take Westlife for example. You think all those girls and women who will pack out the O2 fancy them just the same if they weren't Westlife?? Would they f*ck, the boys would most likely be in Coppers like most other Sligo men their age, being turned down by some D4 bint who'd be calling them a 'fockin culchie'.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm thanking that one cos its funny:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

:D I'm not saying women like him for his acting abilities.

As did most girls. He was on TV and he's very good looking so girls will go mad for him. Had he of been working in Unique in The Ilac he'd get the eyes but that would be it.

Come on. You get me one gorgeous guy in Dublin where girls are lining up to speak to them in a bar or just start following them in the street.

Okay, with all due respect .. now your talking bollox. :)

Men are more into famous people than women are? You must be joking me.

F**king Jedward brought Grafton Street to a standstill the other day and W*stlife too (damn swear filter) and I can name a dozen other stars that will get women screaming through the streets of Dublin.

This week at Twilight you will get women in their 20's screaming in a f*cking cinema. When have you ever seen men do these things?

Sure, some of us wanna bang Beyonce, Britney or whoever floats our boat but we won't get f*cking hysterical about it.

If a guy see a famous chick he wants to f*ck I bet you a million quid that if that same girl was working in Marks and Spencers he'd wanna bang her just the same.

Women however will swoon and go weak at fu*king knees for any reasonably good looking twat if he's famous and should he have happened not to be famous chances are the same girls would be walking past him in the street.

Take Westlife for example. You think all those girls and women who will pack out the O2 fancy them just the same if they weren't Westlife?? Would they f*ck, the boys would most likely be in Coppers like most other Sligo men their age, being turned down by some D4 bint who'd be calling them a 'fockin culchie'.

Your opinion but I have never genuinely got the hots over a famous man as an adult (I´m not talking about teenage girls...I fancied anything and everything back then....walking bag of hormones....what grown woman fancies Westlife????????). I´ve never had a twiddle or genuinely got turned on over a photo of a famous guy or got all hot and bothered over a famous actor in a film (except Daniel Day Lewis in The Name of the Father).....women over the age of 20 aren´t programmed that way like men. Simple biological fact. Westlife aren´t attractive to grown up women...I´m a grown up woman and I´m speaking on behalf of other grown up women. I´m presuming you´re a lot younger than me, Pete.

Edit: Who the hell are Jedward??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

In fairness, I can only think of Colin Farrell as an example of an international male Irish sex symbol (and I´m talking someone born and raised in Ireland....none of this half Irish-American rubbish).

The Corrs are considered hot internationally, so why shouldn´t they be mentioned???? They´re gorgeous women! Sinead O´Connor was absolutely stunning in her younger days....one of the most beautiful women around at that time. Gemma Hayes....beautiful. Lisa Hannigan....beautiful. They´re not international sex symbols but they´re very talented and very, very beautiful. Those women aren´t well known for getting their baps out any opportunity they get but they have talent and I for one commend that.
    He does make a point though. talk to a group of Americans or Brits, or French or Italians and they could name a quite few Irish male sex symbols. You would see a lot of head scratching if you asked same to name just one Irish female sex symbol.
    Duggy747 wrote:
    Women.

Oooooooooooooooooh! Tough thing for me to try and explain.

The amount of women I have invested into doing the whole "talk to her" or "in a relationship" thing has destroyed my confidence in trusting women.
    Funny thing about trust and gender for me. In the last few years anyway. I have a lot of women friends. Among their number are some of the best, kindest, most loyal friends you could ever hope to find. I love them to bits and trust them implicitly.

When it comes to women and relationships? I have to be honest here, hand on heart that trust would be very very much reduced. I would be so much more wary now than I was when younger. Ive seen too many men(myself included) on the receiving end of unbelievable levels of disloyalty from women.

Now dont get me wrong, men can be unbelievable pricks too. Nasty, boorish aggressive etc. The list is long enough, but for pure emotional cruelty and deciet, especially in long termers I have to say I would have to give that prize more to the female side. And that has no bias as far as country goes.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

I suspect you know. Why, cos if you didnt you would have said who is jedward. :p:p;) Only joshing with ya :D

Your opinion

No, not my opinion at all. The points are made in that post re: women liking famous men are facts.

I have opinions sure, but I didn't express them in that post. Women are into famous men waaayy more that men are into famous women.

As I said men do want to shag some famous girls but they je*k off and move on. Women on the other hand are the ones buying Hello and OK to read about how some star is cheating on his wife or how much they spent on their wedding.
    but I have never genuinely got the hots over a famous man as an adult

I find that hard to believe but I'll take your word. You are a rarity if that's the case.
    I´ve never had a twiddle or genuinely got turned on over a photo of a famous guy or got all hot and bothered over a famous actor in a film (except Daniel Day Lewis in The Name of the Father).....women over the age of 20 aren´t programmed that way like men. Simple biological fact.

No, that is not a fact. I have had many girlfriends and they have masturbated to famous guys, I promise you.
    Westlife aren´t attractive to grown up women...I´m a grown up woman and I´m speaking on behalf of other grown up women. I´m presuming you´re a lot younger than me, Pete.

I'm 36 and if you think women aren't attracted to Westlife then I hate to break it to you but .. they are.

Westlife started out over a decade ago and those teenies are now in their late 20's, some in their 30's. Next time they play the O2 go and check them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭BQQ

Drunk isn't attractive... so sober up boys!!!

Works both ways sunshine!! :cool:

Exactly the reason both irish men and women are unattractive. They drink too much which makes them fat and/or ignorant. :(

No, not my opinion at all. The points are made in that post re: women liking famous men are facts.

I have opinions sure, but I didn't express them in that post. Women are into famous men waaayy more that men are into famous women.

As I said men do want to shag some famous girls but they je*k off and move on. Women on the other hand are the ones buying Hello and OK to read about how some star is cheating on his wife or how much they spent on their wedding.

I find that hard to believe but I'll take your word. You are a rarity if that's the case.

No, that is not a fact. I have had many girlfriends and they have masturbated to famous guys, I promise you.

I'm 36 and if you think women aren't attracted to Westlife then I hate to break it to you but .. they are.

Westlife started out over a decade ago and those teenies are now in their late 20's, some in their 30's. Next time they play the O2 go and check them out.

Are you 36? Now that really is a surprise...

Wibbs wrote: »
    I suspect you know. Why, cos if you didnt you would have said who is jedward. :p:p;) Only joshing with ya :D

Genuinely have no idea, presumed they were a boy-band and that´s why I said "are"...just googled them....ex factor contenders..they´re sex symbols in Ireland???? Are they not gay??? Holy mother of jaysus the country has gone to the dogs since I left.

No one genuinely fancies Westlife....do they?

Anyway, I could roll off massive long list of female celebrities that most men have the hots over. Just look at the number of threads in AH discussing famous women. It´s usually women who´ve got their clothes off for the media. Men are just as superficial as women Pete. Just look at the comments on this thread for crying out loud! You´re accusing women of going for men who are successful but men go for women based on their looks at the initial stages. Both as superficial as each toher.

You really don´t sound like you´re 36 by the way. I would´ve said 21. Seriously.

He does make a point though. talk to a group of Americans or Brits, or French or Italians and they could name a quite few Irish male sex symbols. You would see a lot of head scratching if you asked same to name just one Irish female sex symbol.

Now dont get me wrong, men can be unbelievable pricks too. Nasty, boorish aggressive etc. The list is long enough, but for pure emotional cruelty and deciet, especially in long termers I have to say I would have to give that prize more to the female side. And that has no bias as far as country goes.

But what point is he actually making? That Irish men are better looking than Irish women? You admitted yourself that that wasn´t the case, Wibbs. Women often become famous for their looks and men for their talent. Look at Hollywood...no average looking female actresses under the age of 40 but there´s loads of average looking men who´ve amd it. I can´t think of any famous Irish men I genuinely fancy (that´s not to say there has been quite a few oridinary Irish men I haven´t got the hots over). Who are the Irish sex symbols bar Westlife (they were big 5 years ago), Colin Farrell (he´s even going out of flavour with the ladies....I´m wracking my brain here. Who? Name names? Bar those gay Jedwards fellas. If that´s the best we can do then that´s not saying much....

Are you 36? Now that really is a surprise...

Why?

Cause I have a young soul, toned fit body, down with the kids??

Or cause I'm an immature manchild who should get out from behind my laptop and talk to some real women they way I do online?

And get my face slapped .. are ya mad :D

Jesus Christ....just watching that video of Jedward ye posted! Are they big now?

Really, they don´t compare to this lady:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugUQJv9YlY

Met a group of Chilian guys who were mad about her back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMh-Y2IWJZc

Lisa Hannigan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WwaPv1rZiQ

And I met loads of men all over South America who´d the hots for this Irish chica:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9AE8QQfx_E

Genuinely gorgeous women....perhaps they´re not as famous as Westlife or Boyzone....but they´re twenty million times more talented and better looking.

Jedward me arse!

Why?

Cause I have a young soul, toned fit body, down with the kids??

Or cause I'm an immature manchild who should get out from behind my laptop and talk to some real women they way I do online?

And get my face slapped .. are ya mad :D

Hee hee :D

• Advertisement

I could roll off massive long list of female celebrities that most men have the hots over.

At this stage I think your not reading my posts as your saying the same things that I have replied to.

Yes men want to f*ck famous women. I have just started a thread here (if it's not been moved to the nest :)) about who I'd like to shag. However men will not pack out stadiums cause some girl band are hot or chase them down the road for it.

Here's a vid of women in their 20's (in amoungest the teens) going insane for Peter Andre last week. Show me a similar one of men doing anything approaching this over a woman.

I went to see Russell Brand two weeks back and girls were going nuts, screaming their heads off for him to take his cock out.
    Just look at the comments on this thread for crying out loud! You´re accusing women of going for men who are successful but men go for women based on their looks at the initial stages.

As do women. Women who say they don't go for looks in the intial stages are full of it.
    You really don´t sound like you´re 36 by the way. I would´ve said 21. Seriously.

Not supposed to be a compliment but .. thanks anyways :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Christ on a bike!

How hot was Sinead O'Connor! Seriously, I'm swooning and I'm a straight woman.......I think

Who are the Irish sex symbols bar Westlife (they were big 5 years ago), Colin Farrell (he´s even going out of flavour with the ladies....I´m wracking my brain here. Who? Name names? Bar those gay Jedwards fellas. If that´s the best we can do then that´s not saying much....
    Off the top of my head? Cilian Murphy, The aforementioned Farrell, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Pearce Brosnan, Stuart townsend, Liam Neeson.

At this stage I think your not reading my posts as your saying the same things that I have replied to.

Yes men want to f*ck famous women. I have just started a thread here (if it's not been moved to the nest :)) about who I'd like to shag. However men will not pack out stadiums cause some girl band are hot or chase them down the road for it.

I´m reading your posts but you said women only go for men because of their status whereas I´m trying to tell you that women go for men with talent (or what they perceive to be talent....seriously what is the deal with Jedward?????? haha). There´s nothing wrong with that. You´re making it out like there´s something wrong with that? Talent is an attractive trait in anyone because usually talented people have a **** load of charisma and confidence. That´s what women go for but it doesn´t make it wrong. We can´t really help our biological make-up just as you can´t and that´s an international female trait, not just an Irish female trait. In fact I´d say Irish women are the least celebrity obsessed group of females on the planet. The Irish are too bitter and begrudging for that nonsense.

I have the hots for Daniel Day Lewis big time...so much so that I do fantasise about what I´d do to him but that´s mainly down to the fact that he´s such an incredible actor and I know he´s been with his wife for a very long time...and he´s very handsome and rugged as well. As you say, if he walked down the street, I´d give him a second glance but on film he´s just incredible to watch...and the fact that I know a bit about his private life makes him all the more appealing.

This is why Colin Farrell is gone out of favour with the ladies in the past few years (still a handsome man though).

Off the top of my head? Cilian Murphy, The aforementioned Farrell, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Pearce Brosnan, Stuart townsend, Liam Neeson.

Cillian Murphy.....he´s tiny and he´s a specialised taste. He´s cute in a non-sexual way.

Jonathan RM....the man is a robot. Not attractive.

Pearce Brosnan....haha, ye got me there Wibbs!

Stuart Townsend....he´s not famous anymore...almost made it a few years ago but not anymore. He´s handsome though.

Liam Neeson...was handsome, now he´s handsome in a handsome oldish man kind of way. He is handsome though and he´s probably the only man you´ve named who was ever considered so internationally across the board.

This just proves that more Irish men made it big than Irish women. What´s new there?

Jesus Christ....just watching that video of Jedward ye posted! Are they big now?

I must agree with you O'Connor was gorgeous (when she had hair - don't like the bald look). But her looks are more than outweighed by her generous quantities of BEING ****ING MENTAL!!!!

Have to amidt I'd never heard of Gemma Hayes before but yeah she is pretty.
    Also never heard of her before but meh no doesn't do it for me.
    And I met loads of men all over South America who´d the hots for this Irish chica:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9AE8QQfx_E
    Dolores ? BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Irish woman I do think is absolutely gorgeous is Michelle Doherty of off phantom fm and channel 6 music programs. Stunner. And love the accent.

I must agree with you O'Connor was gorgeous (when she had hair - don't like the bald look). But her looks are more than outweighed by her generous quantities of BEING ****ING MENTAL!!!!

Have to amidt I'd never heard of Gemma Hayes before but yeah she is pretty.

Also never heard of her before but meh no doesn't do it for me.

Dolores ? BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Irish woman I do think is absolutely gorgeous is Michelle Doherty of off phantom fm and channel 6 music programs. Stunner. And love the accent.

It´s a matter of taste. See my post above.....maybe there´s women out there who´d go crazy for Pearce Brosnan (barf....what a sleaze bag) but I´m yet to meet them. I suppose what men think women would fancy and visa versa is usually a little off the mark.

Oh an update: .26% more Irish men find us more replusive than a few hours ago...the hangover is obviously kicking in.

I have the hots for Daniel Day Lewis big time...so much so that I do fantasise about what I´d do to him ..

I don't want to hear about your fantasies for Wicklow Poet boy :mad:
    PM tme he juicy details at once ;)
    but that´s mainly down to the fact that he´s such an incredible actor

Now, you've just made me spit tea all over my laptop laughing :p
    and I know he´s been with his wife for a very long time...

Not if you had your wicked way he wouldn't :D

and he´s very handsome and rugged as well. As you say, if he walked down the street,

I just happen to know a street in Wicklow he walks down most days :)

You'll be going to see Nine I take it then .. allthough he's a womanizer in it and treats women very roughly in a sexual way so I doubt it would be your cup of tea.

• Advertisement

Jonathan RM....the man is a robot. Not attractive.

Also seen the effect he has on women first hand and he could easily pass the 50+ in one night test.

Stuart Townsend....he´s not famous anymore...almost made it a few years ago but not anymore. He´s handsome though.
    Who ?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

Seriously though, things that haunt my mind is when I see girls spread rumours about a fella they like that "he raped me" / "he beat me up" is sick, sick shìt. It's not clever, and it's one of the lowest forms of attention.

Cutting or threatning to kill yourself for attention (yes, even a lad's) is the lowest form and one I'm so sick of women telling me (As in I'm the neutral guy that these things can be told to)

O come on you are talking about isolated incidents there, that is fked up and there is no way the majority of irish women go around saying and accusing guys of that. That is so insulting.

That's the spirit.

I was at the Hothouse Flowers last night at the Academy and it was full of single hot girls after Liam O'Manonlai don't ya know. But should I be single anytime soon and I'm going back to one of their gigs :)

I agree though, Men are far nicer and much much more trustworthy than women in general. Much more straightforward also.

Right and thats why you are already keeping an eye out for potential hot spots just in case you are single soon??? Bet your lovely, sweet irish girlfriend (the rarity that she is!!!) would be delighted to hear that!! :pac:

Right and thats why you are already keeping an eye out for potential hot spots just in case you are single soon??? Bet your lovely, sweet irish girlfriend (the rarity that she is!!!) would be delighted to hear that!! :pac:

Hardly 'keeping an eye out' .. there were lots of single ladies there and so, should I find myself single again I'll be keeping it in mind.

And yes she is a 'rarity' which is exactly why I might find myself single again as she is far too good for me :p

Hardly 'keeping an eye out' .. there were lots of single ladies there and so, should I find myself single again I'll be keeping it in mind.

And yes she is a 'rarity' which is exactly why I might find myself single again as she is far too good for me :p

Yeah you have a point there! :cool:

• Advertisement

Yeah you have a point there! :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-deprecation

I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true.

"I always tell the truth, even when I lie".

I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true.

"I always tell the truth, even when I lie".

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

That's true. The good thing about being obnoxious though, is that you can do that all day long.

• Advertisement

That's true. The good thing about being obnoxious though, is that you can do that all day long.

do what?

that is fked up and there is no way the majority of irish women go around saying and accusing guys of that. That is so insulting.

He never said nor implied that the "majority" of Irish women go around accusing men of rape or beating them so where's the insult?

He never said nor implied that the "majority" of Irish women go around accusing men of rape or beating them so where's the insult?

Seriously though, things that haunt my mind is when I see girls spread rumours about a fella they like that "he raped me" / "he beat me up" is sick, sick shìt. It's not clever, and it's one of the lowest forms of attention.

Cutting or threatning to kill yourself for attention (yes, even a lad's) is the lowest form and one I'm so sick of women telling me (As in I'm the neutral guy that these things can be told to)

No you are right he uses those terms without any context, maybe he means ALL OF US :eek::eek::eek:

Now, you've just made me spit tea all over my laptop laughing :p

Are you suggesting Daniel Day Lewis is NOT a good actor???? Have you SEEN in The Name of the Father or There Will Be Blood? The man is a God. A GOD!

Also seen the effect he has on women first hand and he could easily pass the 50+ in one night test.

Is he really Irish though? The man is from Cork and speaks like Little Lord Fauntleroy. He doesn´t count.

Are you suggesting Daniel Day Lewis is NOT a good actor???? Have you SEEN in The Name of the Father or There Will Be Blood? The man is a God. A GOD!

No .. love the DDL .. My Left Foot was a classic ;)

Was laughing as you said ..
    "I have the hots for Daniel Day Lewis big time, I do fantasise about what I´d do to him but that´s mainly down to the fact that he´s such an incredible actor .."
    :D

No .. love the DDL .. My Left Foot was a classic ;)

Was laughing as you said ..

:D

aaaaand I went on to say he´s a great actor, nice to his wife and rugged. A combination of all 3. Quit taking things out of context already!

aaaaand I went on to say he´s a great actor, nice to his wife and rugged. A combination of all 3. Quit taking things out of context already!

So u are lusting after another woman's husband then partly down to the fact that he's a faithful husband? Seems you would gladly corrupt him :eek:

So u are lusting after another woman's husband then partly down to the fact that he's a faithful husband? Seems you would gladly corrupt him :eek:

I know! Messed up isn´t it?

Quit taking things out of context already!

Wow there, I didn't take anything out of context. Here's the whole paragraph.
    I have the hots for Daniel Day Lewis big time...so much so that I do fantasise about what I´d do to him but that´s mainly down to the fact that he´s such an incredible actor ..

You then went on to say "and I know he's been with his wife" which comes accross as you were moving away from why you had the hots for him ..
    .. and I know he´s been with his wife for a very long time...and he´s very handsome and rugged as well. As you say, if he walked down the street, I´d give him a second glance but on film he´s just incredible to watch...and the fact that I know a bit about his private life makes him all the more appealing.

Anyway, why do men find Irish women unattractive? .. hhhmmm.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement