Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do Irish men find Irish women so unattractive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Wow there, I didn't take anything out of context. Here's the whole paragraph.

You then went on to say "and I know he's been with his wife" which comes accross as you were moving away from why you had the hots for him ..

Anyway, why do men find Irish women unattractive? .. hhhmmm.

All written in one sentence and thus in context! Not sure why I put ... in between. Maybe for dramatic affect. It didn´t work obviously.

Irish men DON´T find Irish women unattractive but 25% of men that use After Hours on Boards.ie do and only those who contributed to this particular thread.

Boards is not representative of Ireland people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Eve_Dublin wrote: »

Why not?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I would say it's representative of a particular demographic though. That said I have heard this in the real world from people for whom a message board is a square of wood with postits stuck to it. Both men and women. Not so much about the look of irish women. That does come up, but I think there's too much of the novelty factor with non irish and how much individuals vary in what they like for it to be much use as a yardstick.

What I do hear a lot is about the harshness, bitchiness towards both men and other women and lack of friendliness and a surface niceness that is not backed up by anything concrete. I hear this from non Irish women and I've heard it quite a lot. TBH I never noticed it that much in my youth as I suppose you get used to things and I wasnt looking for it either. Ive had non Irish exes that found it very very hard to get a decent friendship going here. Mostly they ended up making friends with other non Irish(not always from where they were from either) women.

They and their mates noted that Irish men while drinking way too much were usually pretty friendly and not as sleazy of judgemental when compared to say some of the Latin men. I've seen latin men in action and some can be incredibly sleazy and grabby.

Another one Ive heard mentioned is how Irish men and Irish women are not very good at the dating game in general. They're still kinda figuring out the rules. Some of that was considered nice BTW. a bit innocent.

Obviously this is not all Irish women or men. Not by a long shot. It was more a trend as it were.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

Wibbs wrote: »

They and their mates noted that Irish men while drinking way too much were usually pretty friendly and not as sleazy of judgemental when compared to say some of the Latin men. I've seen latin men in action and some can be incredibly sleazy and grabby.

Irish men are absolute gents compared to men in Spain, Greece and Italy I've met on my travels.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

Well we are 800 odd posts in and we are overwhelmingly voting that Irish women are attractive! It seems to be the same old bitter, rejected guys posting about how cruel, ugly, full of ourselves we are so im happy enough with that result.

But im sure these guys will continue saying we are the mutts of the world. What i find amusing is that they are basically insulting their mums, sisters, aunts, girlfriends, wives, daughters etc etc.

:D:D:D I love it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭AggressiveWorm

back to the topic, imo, irish women dont take as much care of their bodies and even emotional health, as i.e eastern europeans...there are 79 mc`donald`s in ireland, there are 56 outlets in russia,..with respect to population per capita, and so on..it tells me that we, irish men and women, are destroying our bodies more than most...but its the yanks that are spooged...the yanks will kill us all...that for another thread....google f.e.m.a camps tho...SERIOUSLY...F.E.M.A CAMP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

foodie66 wrote: »
    Well we are 800 odd posts in and we are overwhelmingly voting that Irish women are attractive!

Really ? so how many women voted that irish women were attractive then ? would be real interesting to see that poll split out by gender

I would say it's representative of a particular demographic though. That said I have heard this in the real world from people for whom a message board is a square of wood with postits stuck to it. Both men and women. Not so much about the look of irish women. That does come up, but I think there's too much of the novelty factor with non irish and how much individuals vary in what they like for it to be much use as a yardstick.

What I do hear a lot is about the harshness, bitchiness towards both men and other women and lack of friendliness and a surface niceness that is not backed up by anything concrete. I hear this from non Irish women and I've heard it quite a lot. TBH I never noticed it that much in my youth as I suppose you get used to things and I wasnt looking for it either. Ive had non Irish exes that found it very very hard to get a decent friendship going here. Mostly they ended up making friends with other non Irish(not always from where they were from either) women.

Another one Ive heard mentioned is how Irish men and Irish women are not very good at the dating game in general. They're still kinda figuring out the rules. Some of that was considered nice BTW. a bit innocent.

Obviously this is not all Irish women or men. Not by a long shot. It was more a trend as it were.

Fair enough. Im not going to deny that Irish women like this don´t exist because I´d be lying if I did. I do the know the type of Irish woman people are referring to, no doubt about it and they´re the kinds of women I usually avoid like the plague when it comes to friendships.

The thing is, this is always the way with the loud, obnoxious types...they give the rest of us a bad name. No doubt they´re more prevalent than before and it´s a shame. These women are generally more vocal, make bigger arses of themselves and generally stand out of the crowd more than the rest of us. It happens all the time. Large groups of people being tainted by the actions of the shouty, opinionated, obnoxious, hateful few.

Okay, for example, last Wednesday I was having a great day....English classes going well, making friends, feeling good and I got on the metro that morning and some little ****e wouldn´t move to let me sit down (he was sitting across 2 seats on a busy train). We exchanged words in Spanish and he called me a whole barrage of insults and completely ruined my day. I was cursing to myself how much I hated this city, how I hated the people etc.....but then I calmed down and looked at things rationally. Most people have been nice to me and I´ve met some ridiculously lovely Spaniards since I got here. But people in Madrid are renowned for their rudness. I´ve pretty much given up asking for directions, I´ve walked out of restaurants because the only acknowledgement I´ve got from waiting staff is a grunt, I´ve seen 3 arguments with checkout staff in my local supermarket since I got here...if anyone has spent some time here they´ll know what I´m talking about. I have never experienced anything like it anywhere else, not even in Dublin.

Okay, so, I´ve made lots of ex-pats friends here who´ve been here 10 years and most of them have given up on the locals completely. They taint them all with the same brush...but if you´re in any way a rational person, you´ll know that most people are decent. It´s only a hand full that act this way in this city. Most people I actually speak to are lovely but it would be very easy to discount them all because of the negative experiences I´ve had (I´ve had many). I´m just frustrated that SOME Irish men can´t look at things a little more rationally.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

back to the topic, imo, irish women dont take as much care of their bodies and even emotional health, as i.e eastern europeans...there are 79 mc`donald`s in ireland, there are 56 outlets in russia,..with respect to population per capita, and so on..it tells me that we, irish men and women, are destroying our bodies more than most.
    Russia is not a great example TBH. Men die there in their 50's.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Really ? so how many women voted that irish women were attractive then ? would be real interesting to see that poll split out by gender

But Opinion Guy, why shouldn´t women vote? I´m an Irish woman, Irish men find me attractive so surely I can have my say? If I was being rejected left, right and centre, then I´d vote accordingly.

Edit: If this sounds conceited then so be it. Being honest.

Fair enough. Im not going to deny that Irish women like this don´t exist because I´d be lying if I did. I do the know the type of Irish woman people are referring to, no doubt about it and they´re the kinds of women I usually avoid like the plague when it comes to friendships.

The thing is, this is always the way with the loud, obnoxious types...they give the rest of us a bad name. No doubt they´re more prevalent than before and it´s a shame. These women are generally more vocal, make bigger arses of themselves and generally stand out of the crowd more than the rest of us. It happens all the time. Large groups of people being tainted by the actions of the shouty, opinionated, obnoxious, hateful few.

Okay, for example, last Wednesday I was having a great day....English classes going well, making friends, feeling good and I got on the metro that morning and some little ****e wouldn´t move to let me sit down (he was sitting across 2 seats on a busy train). We exchanged words in Spanish and he called me a whole barrage of insults and completely ruined my day. I was cursing to myself how much I hated this city, how I hated the people etc.....but then I calmed down and looked at things rationally. Most people have been nice to me and I´ve met some ridiculously lovely Spaniards since I got here. But people in Madrid are renowned for their rudness. I´ve pretty much given up asking for directions, I´ve walked out of restaurants because the only acknowledgement I´ve got from waiting staff is a grunt, I´ve seen 3 arguments with checkout staff in my local supermarket since I got here...if anyone has spent some time here they´ll know what I´m talking about. I have never experienced anything like it anywhere else, not even in Dublin.

Okay, so, I´ve made lots of ex-pats friends here who´ve been here 10 years and most of them have given up on the locals completely. They taint them all with the same brush...but if you´re in any way a rational person, you´ll know that most people are decent. It´s only a hand full that act this way in this city. Most people I actually speak to are lovely but it would be very easy to discount them all because of the negative experiences I´ve had (I´ve had many). I´m just frustrated that SOME Irish men can´t look at things a little more rationally.
    And I found the Madrid types grand(maybe a gender thing going on there too?). Funny how it goes:D You're right though, it's so much down to perception.

Any key? wrote: »
    Irish men are absolute gents compared to men in Spain, Greece and Italy I've met on my travels.

This is true....

And I found the Madrid types grand(maybe a gender thing going on there too?). Funny how it goes:D You're right though, it's so much down to perception.

Me too! I find them grand too! I won´t let the actions of a few taint my opinion, not like most of the ex-pats living here (I´m not making this up just to prove a point by the way).

Did you live here Wibbs?

Oh and the rudeness I´ve come across has been from both sexes.

Like i said... the same bitter, rejected guys will keep posting :D

• Advertisement

It seems to be the same old bitter, rejected guys posting about how cruel, ugly, full of ourselves we are so im happy enough with that result.

More like the same old tripe about how rejected guys are posting about cruel, ugly women. I see zero evidence of that. I must be reading a different thread than you.

Next you'll be saying that 'men are just intimidated by successful women' blah blah blah.

However, I have seen many posts from men saying how they like Irish women and just wish they weren't so unaproachable.

Even if the results are right. What's with the bitter, rejected crap?

:D:D:D I love it!!!

You love things your making up in your head by reading things into a thread that simply aren't there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Well I'm heading out tonight. It will be interesting to see what kind of reactions I get from the women folk.

That is of course, if I actually open my mouth and try talking to them for a change. Normally I never go near them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Well I'm heading out tonight. It will be interesting to see what kind of reactions I get from the women folk.

That is of course, if I actually open my mouth and try talking to them for a change. Normally I never go near them.

I know what you mean. That drug resistant swine flu could be on anyone. Best wear a surgical mask all night.

• Advertisement

Even if the results are right. What's with the bitter, rejected crap?

pretty self explanatory... guys have approached girls, have failed to score for various reasons and feel bitter and rejected about it!! Thus have tagged all irish women as being hard as nails.
    Next you'll be saying that 'men are just intimidated by successful women' blah blah blah.

Actually I don't think a lot of men are really... in fact i think men these days do not want to feel primarily responsible for their women, they want to have an equal partnership where both are contributing financially. My friend earns more than her partner and he has specifically said that he doesn't feel threatened, in fact he finds it very handy!!!

Seems to me that being intimidated by successful women is a particular issue with you Pete!! ;)

Me too! I find them grand too! I won´t let the actions of a few taint my opinion, not like most of the ex-pats living here (I´m not making this up just to prove a point by the way).

Did you live here Wibbs?
    Nah was going out with a woman from there for 3 years though so was there a fair bit. TBH I wouldnt want to live there. Maybe for a month a year though. North west Spain? oh god yes.
    I meant in the sense that as a man I may have gotten less guff than a woman maybe?

I know what you mean. That drug resistant swine flu could be on anyone. Best wear a surgical mask all night.

That must be where I've been going wrong for the last 10 years or so.

Thats exactly what I was thinkin after reading this thread:)
    Don't mind all you've read not all girls bite, go up and have a bit of an ould chat sure ye have nothing to lose;)

I'm usually nice to any guy that comes onto me and generally will crack afew jokes or something but now I think I'll be wondering am I actin like an unapproachable, ugly cranky,bitter,up-tight fupper....paranoid much now? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

here's some tips from a female perspective:

• Don't get p!ssed!
    • Don't stare a girl out - its creepy!!!!
    • If you do get chatting to a girl, smile, don't ogle them, make eye contact but not in an axe murderer kind of way :D
    • Ask if she's into whatever music/band is playing ... then talk about a universal topic like the Ireland-France match/ X factor.
    • If you are shy or nervous, don't put on a tough guy act and act like Casanova ... its a huge turn off and most girls find shy guys adorable!! Trust!!

But most importantly, if you are getting a fvck off vibe... then fvck off, not worth perservering!! Good luck!!

It's shocking to admit but I know much more about the X Factor than I do about football. I think I was the only person in the country not watching the match on Wednesday night.

Na, there's never any worry about me outstaying my welcome. If anything, there's more of a worry of premature ejeculation.

It's shocking to admit but I know much more about the X Factor than I do about football. I think I was the only person in the country not watching the match on Wednesday night.

Na, there's never any worry about me outstaying my welcome. If anything, there's more of a worry of premature ejeculation.

eh ok ... maybe outlaw pete can help you with that one, I hear he's an expert with that :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭AggressiveWorm

Russia is not a great example TBH. Men die there in their 50's.

aye russia not ideal,..jus had a barney with a mate about this topic,..russians were mentioned so jus went with em....

guys have approached girls, have failed to score for various reasons and feel bitter and rejected about it!! Thus have tagged all irish women as being hard as nails.

Nope, it's just women use that old chesnut when men complain that *some* women are unapproachable, rude and generally obnoxious when a guy starts chatting to them.

Mainly nightclubs I'm talking about as I don't think women would dare just blank guys with friends, bouncers etc around. They'd be all polite and feminine :eek:
    Seems to me that being intimidated by successful women is a particular issue with you Pete!! ;)

Heck, I love successful women. Being a kept man would suit me down to the ground. Jeremy Kyle, Coffee and Marshmellow mornings FTW :D

• Eve_Dublin wrote: »

Did you live here Wibbs?

Yep. Spaniards as a whole come across as the most pig ignorant people in the world. It's my favourite country but I never get used to the general lack of manners, never hearing please or thank-you, doors getting slammed in my face, beers slammed down on the table with a scowl from the waitress. You really do need to constantly remind yourself that 1) it's nothing personal, they are like this with everyone and 2) it doesn't mean every individual is like that.

• Advertisement

eh ok ... maybe outlaw pete can help you with that one, I hear he's an expert with that :D:D

Okay, not sure if this is an 'X-Factor' jibe or a 'Premature Ejaculation' one. In either case .. how very dare you!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Nah was going out with a woman from there for 3 years though so was there a fair bit. TBH I wouldnt want to live there. Maybe for a month a year though. North west Spain? oh god yes.

I meant in the sense that as a man I may have gotten less guff than a woman maybe?

I've been living in Spain for a few months, and although I find Spaniards to be less considerate that I'm used to on the street (why does nobody say excuse me here?), I've generally found people to be pretty nice once you get to know them. That said, 4 times out of 5, the service in bars and restaurants is HORRIBLE.

I lived in Dublin before I moved here, and I find the Irish to be more friendly with strangers (I'm an American) than the Spaniards, although I've actually made more Irish friends living in Spain than I did when I lived in Ireland. That may be due to the fact that I go out more here: the beer in my neighborhood in Madrid is 1.50 rather than the ridiculous Dublin City Center rate of ~3 a glass. :mad:

I've been living in Spain for a few months, and although I find Spaniards to be less considerate that I'm used to on the street (why does nobody say excuse me here?), I've generally found people to be pretty nice once you get to know them. That said, 4 times out of 5, the service in bars and restaurants is HORRIBLE.

I lived in Dublin before I moved here, and I find the Irish to be more friendly with strangers (I'm an American) than the Spaniards, although I've actually made more Irish friends living in Spain than I did when I lived in Ireland. That may be due to the fact that I go out more here: the beer in my neighborhood in Madrid is 1.50 rather than the ridiculous Dublin City Center rate of ~3 a glass. :mad:

Sooooo what do you think of irish women southside?? Are we really as hideous as irish men make out?? :(:D

• Don't get p!ssed!
    • If you do get chatting to a girl, smile, don't ogle them, make eye contact but not in an axe murderer kind of way :D
    • Ask if she's into whatever music/band is playing ... then talk about a universal topic like the Ireland-France match/ X factor.
    • If you are shy or nervous, don't put on a tough guy act and act like Casanova ... its a huge turn off and most girls find shy guys adorable!! Trust!!

But most importantly, if you are getting a fvck off vibe... then fvck off, not worth perservering!! Good luck!!

All of those should be achievable. I've no interest in football so I think that's to my advantage

Hopefully my nordy accent will help too.

• Don't get p!ssed!

Tips for women:

• Lower your standards, Colin Farrell's taken.
    • Wear less makeup and nauseating perfume.
    • Don't expect the guy to do all the talking, ask him what he likes too.
    • Don't wear a dental floss skirt if you gonna complain about being looked at.
    • Don't have your tits hanging out if men looking at them will bother you.
    • Don't give the 'f*ck off' vibe - your not that special.
    • Buy shoes that fit you then you won't have to carry them around half the night.
    • Get your make-up right before you go out and you'll free up the ladies ftw.
    • If you don't like a guy that shows interest, then just tell him your with someone.
    • If your mate pulls, don't try putting her on a guilt trip cause you haven't pulled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Sooooo what do you think of irish women southside?? Are we really as hideous as irish men make out?? :(:D

Hm, seeing as I am a heterosexual woman and have never tried to date an Irish woman, I don't think I can fully answer that question. But I'll try. :D

When I lived in Dublin I shared a house with a group of Irish 20-something guys and girls, and all of the housemates were lovely - male and female. That said, one thing I found interesting was that the girls were naturally pretty but did wear a LOT of makeup and spray tan when they went out, to the point where one might think, "she's be such a cute girl if she wasn't so orange". I also found the infatuation with the MTV series "The Hills" to be kind of horrifying (damn our cultural hegemony!); I don't think Spencer and Heidi should be role models to live by.

Finally, I'm think judging anyone's physical appearance is relative. When in Spain I feel like a giant compared to Spanish women, but I get approached by Irish and British men; when I lived in Ireland I felt tall but not that huge, and was only approached by African men, and when I'm back in the U.S. people tell me how "skinny" I am...I would consider myself "Amazonian" by any neutral standards, so I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, LOL. And I suppose it's the same for Irish men: with immigration, the frame of reference has changed, and with it preferences for physical appearance.

But don't mind me, I'm from the land of corn dogs and Wal-Mart. :p

If you don't like a guy that shows interest, then just tell him your with someone.
    But do you do when they say ' sure he's not here with ya' or 'sure he doesn't have to know about it' ?? Is the fvck off vibe allowable then??
    If your mate pulls, don't try putting her on a guilt trip cause you haven't pulled.
    huh?

Hm, seeing as I am a heterosexual woman and have never tried to date an Irish woman, I don't think I can fully answer that question. But I'll try. :D

When I lived in Dublin I shared a house with a group of Irish 20-something guys and girls, and all of the housemates were lovely - male and female. That said, one thing I found interesting was that the girls were naturally pretty but did wear a LOT of makeup and spray tan when they went out, to the point where one might think, "she's be such a cute girl if she wasn't so orange". I also found the infatuation with the MTV series "The Hills" to be kind of horrifying (damn our cultural hegemony!); I don't think Spencer and Heidi should be role models to live by.

Finally, I'm think judging anyone's physical appearance is relative. When in Spain I feel like a giant compared to Spanish women, but I get approached by Irish and British men; when I lived in Ireland I felt tall but not that huge, and was only approached by African men, and when I'm back in the U.S. people tell me how "skinny" I am...I would consider myself "Amazonian" by any neutral standards, so I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, LOL. And I suppose it's the same for Irish men: with immigration, the frame of reference has changed, and with it preferences for physical appearance.

But don't mind me, I'm from the land of corn dogs and Wal-Mart. :p

I know i don't get this either. I would ban fake tan if i could. I'm pale, i hate the sun and if ppl have a problem with it tough sh!t i say :D:D:D, And i wouldn't watch The Hills if i was paid. Its a terrible representation of America!!

Okay, not sure if this is an 'X-Factor' jibe or a 'Premature Ejaculation' one. In either case .. how very dare you!! :)

People missed my joke. It was premature ejeculation, like eject-ulation, leaving too soon rather than outstaying my welcome when talking to a girl.

Nothing to do with ejaculation!

• Advertisement

But do you do when they say ' sure he's not here with ya' or 'sure he doesn't have to know about it' ?? Is the fvck off vibe allowable then??

Turn your back on him, tell him to get lost or to f*ck off. I only ask for girls / women to be polite initially.
    huh?

Oh, you are unaware of this phenomena.

It happens when a guy pulls a girl and her mate (or mates) then proceed to give the girl a hard time and say "Come on, come with us, we are getting a taxi" .. usually out of jealousy.

Stand outside most nightclubs at around 1am and you will see this happening. Can be quite entertaining actually. Maybe David Attenborough could do a documentary on it :)

People missed my joke. It was premature ejeculation, like eject-ulation, leaving too soon rather than outstaying my welcome when talking to a girl.

Nothing to do with ejaculation!

That was Foodie66's fault ;)

Turn your back on him, tell him to get lost or to f*ck off. I only ask for girls / women to be polite initially.

Oh, you are unaware of this phenomena.

It happens when a guy pulls a girl and her mate (or mates) give the girl a hard time and say "Come on, come with us, we are getting a taxi" .. usually out of jealousy.

Stand outside most nightclubs at around 1am and you will see this happening. Can be quite entertaining actually. Maybe David Attenborough could do a documentary on it.

This is a well known phenomenon. A guy will approach a girl he's interested in and she may be accompanied by the jealous bitter friend. Even if the guy is being super nice and polite and perfect in every way, the jealous bitter friend can often deliberately sabotage things by pulling the girl away. This happens especially if the girl being chatted up is very attractive and used to a lot of attention.

What surprises me is how the attractive girl doesn't cop on that her friend is doing this. If it were two male friends, he would tell his mate to f*** off and stop ruining things.

This happens especially if the girl being chatted up is very attractive and used to a lot of attention.

What surprises me is how the attractive girl doesn't cop on that her friend is doing this. If it were two male friends, he would tell his mate to f*** off and stop ruining things.

Sopt on!!

The friend will also go as far to instigate a row. I have seen the 'fiends' just start hurling abuse at the guy so that he will respond aggressively and in doing so will scupper his chances of a Kebab and the moonlight walk ;)

This is a well known phenomenon. A guy will approach a girl he's interested in and she may be accompanied by the jealous bitter friend. Even if the guy is being super nice and polite and perfect in every way, the jealous bitter friend can often deliberately sabotage things by pulling the girl away. This happens especially if the girl being chatted up is very attractive and used to a lot of attention.

maybe the more attractive girl is well aware she gets plenty more attention than her mate.
    Thus most of the night out she is getting chatted up by different lads while her friends are overlooked and she is trying to soften the blow for them by agreeing to get on with the evening rather than abandoning her mates for a random guy.

But Opinion Guy, why shouldn´t women vote? I´m an Irish woman, Irish men find me attractive so surely I can have my say? If I was being rejected left, right and centre, then I´d vote accordingly.

Edit: If this sounds conceited then so be it. Being honest.

Stats101.
    The topic is "Why do Irish Men find Irish Women so unattractive?". In order to answer that question only males should vote as female votes would confound the answer. ITs highly likely that most irish women voting woudl have a biased opinion and have skewed the vote.

Put it another way that poll above tells us that 25% of boardsies who voted find irish women unattractive. but that includes non-irish and irish women. its entirely possible that 100% of irish women voted for irish women to be attractive. its also possible that non-nationals find irish women more attractive than irish men. thus you CANNOT conclude from the poll that only 25% of irish men find irish women unattractive.
    Like i said... the same bitter, rejected guys will keep posting :D
    pretty self explanatory... guys have approached girls, have failed to score for various reasons and feel bitter and rejected about it!! Thus have tagged all irish women as being hard as nails.

foodie is half right & half very, very wrong. I am bitter and rejected otherwise i'd have better things to be doing on a saturday evening. But not by an Irish girl. So if anything I should be saying foreign girls are the evil ones. Yet i don't. Truth is the foreign girl who rejected me generally treated me better than the Irish ones who like me.

Actually I don't think a lot of men are really... in fact i think men these days do not want to feel primarily responsible for their women, they want to have an equal partnership where both are contributing financially. My friend earns more than her partner and he has specifically said that he doesn't feel threatened, in fact he finds it very handy!!!

I agree with that. I'm mostly attracted to successful women actually. Edit: hmmmm intelligent is probably a better word

I think I was the only person in the country not watching the match on Wednesday night.

Nope i was driving. listened to some of it on the radio thou. but that was mainly cause there was nothing else to listen to

Jeremy Kyle, Coffee and Marshmellow mornings FTW :D

um... are you sure you're not a girl ?
    "Amazonian"

Do you look like this? :

131207.jpg

• Advertisement

um... are you sure you're not a girl ?

Positive, but if I get a rich woman to keep me then I'll sure as sh*t behave like one :D

Positive, but if I get a rich woman to keep me then I'll sure as sh*t behave like one :D

So you'd take a rich girl over your sweet, gentle little Irish woman?? Shocker!!

And i didnt get it wrong, i meant it in that context YOU took it up wrong!! :pac:

And i didnt get it wrong, i meant it in that context YOU took it up wrong!! :pac:

I took it? .. but you were the .. you said OutlawPete would .. but I just repli .. what happened?

Off to the cinema
    :)

I took it? .. but you were the .. you said OutlawPete would .. but I just repli .. what happened?

Off to the cinema
    :)

Go to see New Moon and make yourself useful and tell me what its like.

I'll tell you without going to see it.....****e!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement