Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do Irish men find Irish women so unattractive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Sober up? Then what are they doing in a nightclub at 2am then? Looking for sober men??? :rolleyes:

Why do people equate having a night out with getting bladdered?

I like to go out dancing. I like to have a few drinks. I do not like to get ossified, nor do I like to see other people very inebriated, vomiting, getting aggressive or fighting, screaming at each other and generally making a nuisance of themselves, falling in front of oncoming traffic, hurting themselves and disgracing themselves.

Should I not be allowed to go to a niteclub because I don't want to get sick on myself and pull another girl's hair out? As it stands I don't like niteclubs, I much prefer a late bar with music - very different atmosphere, far less like a meat market.

From my point of view, for what it's worth, we could all do with being a bit nicer to each other. I'm big into holding doors for people etc. and neither women nor men either thank you or acknowledge your presence. Nor will anyone take the initiative to let you pass through it's expected that you'll just stand there indefinitely.

We (females) are getting slated for being rude, abrasive and impolite, which is true of some women, but not all, and is equally true of many men. When people go out with the "pulling" mentality then there's going to be huge potential for disappointment if they don't, which has a knock on bitterness effect, that's not the fault of whoever turns you down.

I don't deny that there are some very snotty b!tches out there, but for the most part you can't strike up a conversation with a man without him assuming you're interested in him, which wrecks my head completely. I'm a major talker, I will literally talk to anyone, and having a random chat with someone at a bar does not mean I'm looking for a map to get into his pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

I'll tell you without going to see it.....****e!

What an irish fella being presumptious, judgemental, unfair and having a sheepherd mentality?? Never!!! :rolleyes:

I don't deny that there are some very snotty b!tches out there, but for the most part you can't strike up a conversation with a man without him assuming you're interested in him, which wrecks my head completely. I'm a major talker, I will literally talk to anyone, and having a random chat with someone at a bar does not mean I'm looking for a map to get into his pants.

Exactly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

foodie66 wrote: »
    What an irish fella being presumptious, judgemental, unfair and having a sheepherd mentality?? Never!!! :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to being able to say I told you so after you waste your money on it. Do let us know what you think.

I refer you to my thread in R&R on the subject, started by me since it was my own thought process and i wasn't following the herd:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055729016

• Blush_01 wrote: »

I like to go out dancing. I like to have a few drinks. I do not like to get ossified, nor do I like to see other people very inebriated, vomiting, getting aggressive or fighting, screaming at each other and generally making a nuisance of themselves, falling in front of oncoming traffic, hurting themselves and disgracing themselves.

My feelings exactly. I haven't been out to a club in years cos I hate seeing that stuff.
    Should I not be allowed to go to a niteclub because I don't want to get sick on myself and pull another girl's hair out? As it stands I don't like niteclubs, I much prefer a late bar with music - very different atmosphere, far less like a meat market.

Yep and you can actually hear the conversation! Don't see the attraction in going 'what???', 'huh????' every 10 seconds and mishearing questions so you answer with something really random.
    We (females) are getting slated for being rude, abrasive and impolite, which is true of some women, but not all, and is equally true of many men. When people go out with the "pulling" mentality then there's going to be huge potential for disappointment if they don't, which has a knock on bitterness effect, that's not the fault of whoever turns you down.

Yeah, I don't get the pulling mentality. Never in my entire life have I gone out even thinking about scoring. Maybe I'm weird but I go out to have fun with my friends. Going out with a 'mission' just seems really silly, how can you enjoy yourself when you're watching the clock and getting more desperate by the minute?

That is the truth. I'd always be pleasant if someone came up to me, but I can't tell you the amount of times I've been called a cock tease. Not for doing anything, but for smiling and being polite and having a laugh. It's so unnerving how so many men read into that that I'm up for a shag. To give an example of how stupid these men are - this summer I was out with my boyfriend and ended up in an Irish pub overseas, a guy at the next table started a conversation with me (the bf was talking to another guy at the table), I thought we were having a nice chat, then he starts being all flirty with me and making suggestive comments. I, feeling very uncomfortable then moved away from him and joined in the convo with my bf and the other fella. When I went to the toilet, the guy said TO MY BOYFRIEND (obv hadn't copped on at all that we were together) that I was a prick tease, that I'd been flirting with him for ages. That guy was so so lucky that my boyfriend is insanely level headed and calm. But that's just one example of how many guys just see a situation that just isn't there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Just saw an ad for a program called Battle of the Sexes on RTE tomorrow evening hosted by Ray Darcy and Miriam O'Callaghan that seems to be about Irish women giving out about Irish men and the other way around.

Liah I think you should sue rte for stealing your idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Do you look like this? :

Attachment not found.[/QUOTE]

No, more like this.

[Minus the mohawk, blue eyes, and ability to change the weather.] ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭redorblack

Give me an Irish girl anyday, you are only fooling yourself with foreign girls, Irish girls have the patience to put up with our bull**** and the humour to persevere with us, I think they are great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Blush_01 wrote: »

This is in reply to a quote from me that was in response to the following about men in nightclubs ..
    If guys didnt get so bladdered you wouldn't see half as many girls with 'chips on their shoulders' Drunk isn't attractive... so sober up boys!!!

What I was saying is women complaining about 'drunk men' in nightclubs and saying 'Sober Up' is a bit rich. If you want 'Sober men' don't go niteclubbing.
    , nor do I like to see other people very inebriated, vomiting, getting aggressive or fighting, screaming at each other and generally making a nuisance of themselves, falling in front of oncoming traffic, hurting themselves and disgracing themselves.

I go clubbing about twice a month these days with usually a dozen or so people and I can tell you that 99% of the time it is women who are see falling in the gutter and puking.
    Should I not be allowed to go to a niteclub because I don't want to get sick on myself and pull another girl's hair out?

Who suggested that?? I suppose this in response to me saying it's nonsensical to be looking for sober men in a nightclub at 2am :rolleyes:
    As it stands I don't like niteclubs,

I'm not surprised as juding by your above comments it would a your idea of hell what with people getting drunk from consuming alcohol and all that unwanted attention.
    I'm big into holding doors for people etc. and neither women nor men either thank you or acknowledge your presence.

Well, I have to be honest and say for me at least it is about 50% of women that will say thanks and only around 10% of women.
    Nor will anyone take the initiative to let you pass through it's expected that you'll just stand there indefinitely.

Well, I ALWAYS do and I can't understand people that don't. It doesn't take much to me considerate. Nothing infuriates me more than rudeness.

We (females) are getting slated for being rude, abrasive and impolite, which is true of some women,

It's not just some. That's the point. God I would love to set up some hidden cameras around doorways on Grafton St and get it all on film.
    but not all, and is equally true of many men.

Absolutely.
    When people go out with the "pulling" mentality then there's going to be huge potential for disappointment if they don't, which has a knock on bitterness effect, that's not the fault of whoever turns you down.

This is a total myth. This whole 'bitterness effect' that women churn out time and time again. As soon as any many dares to say that women are ruder than men in society then they must be bitter. It's simply just not the case.
    I don't deny that there are some very snotty b!tches out there,

Some? Come on .. when your out in a club and your in the ladies you hear the way women talk. I don't hear it but have been told by girls that it is a very catty atmosphere and in general women are very very unapproachable when out.

If you know someone in their group it is easy but to approach a strange woman is a minefield. Approaching a strange guy for a woman is easy as he will never tell you to f*ck off and turn to his mates and blank you. If this does happen then it is very very rare as most Irish guys just wouldn't be like that.
    but for the most part you can't strike up a conversation with a man without him assuming you're interested in him,

Well of course he's going to think your interested in him. If a guy strikes up a conversation with you when your in a club or bar would it not cross your mind that he is interest in you?

Women expect far too much from men.
    which wrecks my head completely.

How could that wreck you head? It wrecks my head that it wrecks yours :)
    having a random chat with someone at a bar does not mean I'm looking for a map to get into his pants.

See just read what you said there again. Do you have any idea what that sounds like? That is so conceited. can you imagine a guy coming on AH and saying ..

"You can't strike up a conversation with a women in a club without her assuming you're interested in her. Having a random chat with some girl at a bar does not mean I'm looking for a map to get into her knickers".

Now what would you feel about a guy that said that, honestly. I bet you'd think he was a smug git who needed to be get over himself and you'd be right.

Just saw an ad for a program called Battle of the Sexes on RTE tomorrow evening hosted by Ray Darcy and Miriam O'Callaghan that seems to be about Irish women giving out about Irish men and the other way around.

I seen that also. It's prerecorded though but it looked really good and very heated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

So, what is the definitive answer to the OP?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

If you want 'Sober men' don't go niteclubbing.

Ill say it yet again, i don't mean stone cold sober, i just mean not drinking so much where you are unable to have a conversation/walk. You can't seriously expect to get a nice girl to give you a chance if this is what you give her as her first impression!

Ill say it yet again, i don't mean stone cold sober, i just mean not drinking so much where you are unable to have a conversation/walk. You can't seriously expect to get a nice girl to give you a chance if this is what you give her as her first impression!

There is fack all wrong with Irish men and it's about time Irish women started to check themselves rather than blaming men and demanding they meet a list they got on the Oprah show, Dr Phil or Sex and The City.

In most nightclubs in Dublin you will see 50% of the women coming out and getting into taxis with their friends not with guys. Was there really no guys in there that were nice or cute or were they all paralethtic?

The truth is women don't go to clubs for the same reasons as men.

I would say about 95% of guys go out at the weekend with the hope of meeting a girl (and not just for a shag before someone chimes in).

Whereas with women I'd say it's as low as 20% if not lower.

It's got shag all to do with men being to drunk or staring to much or whatever other lame cop-out women throw at men. At the end of the day we have 95% of the men going out at the weekend fighting over 20% of the girls.

Which brings me nicley back to my original point about how women are spoiled for choice. With 95% of the men on the lookout for a girl you can be a 5/10 and chances are you should have no bother finding a catch of an irish gent that is out of your league being an 8/10.

However, what with Irish women being so up themselves and picky they will still find fault with Irish guys and we;ll have even more demands on what you all expect and need from the gentlemen of the land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

There is fack all wrong with Irish men and it's about time Irish women started to check themselves rather than blaming men and demanding they meet a list they got on the Oprah show, Dr Phil or Sex and The City.

In most nightclubs in Dublin you will see 50% of the women coming out and getting into taxis alone. Was there really no guys in there that were nice or cute or were they all paralethtic?

I would say about 95% of guys go out at the weekend with the hope of meeting a girl (and not just for a shag before someone chimes in).

It's got shag all to do with men being to drunk or staring to much or whatever other lame cop-out women throw at men. At the end of the day we have 95% of the men going out at the weekend fighting over 20% of the girls.

Which brings me nicley back to my original point about how women are spoiled for choice. With 95% of the men on the lookout for a girl you can be a 5/10 and chances are you should have no bother finding a catch of an irish gent that is out of your league being an 8/10.

However, what with Irish women being so up themselves and picky they will still find fault with Irish guys and we;ll have even more demands on what you all expect and need from the gentlemen of the land.

There is plenty wrong with Irish men.

There is plenty wrong with Irish women.

Only 20% of women out for a night looking for a man? LOL

I'd say 40/50% at least.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Only 20% of women out for a night looking for a man? LOL

20% of single women, at a rough guess, are looking for a man .. yes.

There are men all over nightclubs tonight who didn't pull and if those girls who went home alone had wanted a man as much as they wanted a girl .. everyone would have been happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭AggressiveWorm

58 pages of dribble no?...didnt scower all 58 but id imagine so!!!...Women at their rawest form are seed bearers...men at their most primal are to plant as many seeds in ``women`` as possible..simply to further the species...no?...even though this species is more of a virus...sap the earth of its nutrients and resources, and move on...thats what WE seem to do.....no?

58 pages of dribble no?...didnt scower all 58 but id imagine so!!!...Women at their rawest form are seed bearers...men at their most primal are to plant as many seeds in ``women`` as possible..simply to further the species...no?...even though this species is more of a virus...sap the earth of its nutrients and resources, and move on...thats what WE seem to do.....no?

No

No

witty...you my friend are vital arent you.....yes?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

That's more passive aggressive than aggressive, aggresiveWorm. I guess they just don't let usernames get that long these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

I must say that the majority of Irish women are hot, it's just that Norwegian women are perfect in every way. No contest really.

The 'no' was for the first question .. "50 pages of dribble .. no?"

All pages are not 'dribble' .. so the answer is No. Some 'dribble' yes .. but none of my posts :)

edit* ..course when all the ladies awake ALL my posts will indeed be labeled 'dribble' :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

They are not so the answer is No. Some 'dribble' yes .. but none of my posts :)

If you're not posting drivel at 2:52am on a saturday then you're either
    a) working
    b) in the wrong timezone
    or
    c) quite good at drunken posting.
    Either way I salute you sir.

All pages are not 'dribble' .. so the answer is No. Some 'dribble' yes .. but none of my posts :)

your a seasoned vet here mate...aint gonna tangle...user is what it is.....as for yours..i always figured outlaws kept to themselves...stayed on the ``down low`` if you will....many many pages of dribble,..and by even repliein here, i am adding to it....

your a seasoned vet here mate...aint gonna tangle...user is what it is.....

I'm a newbie to AH I can assure you .. your posts are always welcome here. The more men on this thread the better ;)

AH?...HAhah bit of a sausage fest alri.....

• Advertisement

AH?...HAhah bit of a sausage fest alri.....

Welcome to .. AFTER HOURS! :)
    Deep in an Irish Forum .. There Is A Dark Recess .. Known Only As After Hours!
    AggressiveWorm Stars As The Innocent Newbie Wrongly Mistaken For A Troll

Robbed I was, robbed I tell ya :D

WORD..YOU HAVE TRUELY HUMBLED ME

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

liah wrote: »
    Do you think Irish men find Irish women unattractive

No, its just sheep are sexier :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Ok so, just back from a night out. It was ok. I actually got approached by a 20 year old uber hottie. I'm not sure if she was playing some game with her friends or not, but I chatted to her for a while and got the "OMG, I love your accent line"

Proceeded to chat to my mate. Later on while dancing I noticed a girl who seemed to be dancing near me. I don't know if she was into me but her friends kept pushing her into me.

A sort of ok night, just fed up now, although I'm a bit drunk too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

why did'nt you go up to her....say hello and start kissing her neck?.....maybe you would'nt be fed up if you tried....."he who dares wins rodders"...etc etc

• Advertisement

In most nightclubs in Dublin you will see 50% of the women coming out and getting into taxis with their friends not with guys. Was there really no guys in there that were nice or cute or were they all paralethtic?

Did you call into the pub on your way bk from the cinema Pete? Sounds like it!!!

Fvck all wrong with Irish men??? My arse! Even all the women on here are not saying we are perfect but you think irish men are?? Oh to be so deluded!! I feel sorry for your girlfriend. She may be perfect to you now, but if she dares to step out of the confines of what you think is a 'nice, pretty' irish woman god help her. I really think you should hang on to her because if not you will end up single forever if you go around with a rose tinted view of the perfect irish male population V the mean, ugly, full of themselves females.

Better yet give homosexuality a try out, you'll save yourself the trouble and strife of venturing into the cesspool of choice you'd have with women. Your attitude truly stinks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I did eventually say hello but the music was so loud she couldn't hear what I was saying. After a few attempts I just left it.

why did'nt you go up to her....say hello and start kissing her neck?.....maybe you would'nt be fed up if you tried....."he who dares wins rodders"...etc etc

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Dude that is pathetic... seriously!!!! You are joking ... right??:eek::eek::eek:

Did you call into the pub on your way bk from the cinema Pete? Sounds like it!!!

Nope. Was babysitting till 4am.
    My arse! Even all the women on here are not saying we are perfect but you think irish men are??

Never said they were "perfect" and some are complete bastards but by and large I think you'd be hard pressed to find another country in this world with such a nice, sound and generally funloving, goodtime seeking male population :)
    if you go around with a rose tinted view of the perfect irish male population V the mean, ugly, full of themselves females.

Not rosetinted at all. It is you who seems to think the women being rude to men is quite approperiate and make a whole list of excuses for it. Mainly that men a drunk, leer etc etc

I have never, not once excused rude agressive men in this thread. Quite the opposite and have even said how they should be dealt with. So no rosetinted glasses here.
    Oh to be so deluded!! I feel sorry for your girlfriend.
    She may be perfect to you now, but if she dares to step out of the confines of what you think is a 'nice, pretty' irish woman god help her. I really think you should hang on to her
    Better yet give homosexuality a try out,

Maybe you think these last above comments are called for, I don't. I haven't got personal with you and I'd appreciate it if you didn't with me.

Not rosetinted at all. It is you who seems to think the women being rude to men is quite approperiate and make a whole list of excuses for it. Mainly that men a drunk, leer etc etc

In the context of a drunk guy hassling/not getting the hint then a girl is within her right to tell him where to go. I have never condoned being rude to someone for the sake of it and it is disingenuous for you to say so. I have even agreed that some girls are rude and obnoxious JUST LIKE men. Irish women are not as bad as you are making out. You are the one who said you are lucky because you found a 'rare' nice, attractive irish girl therefore you have gotten personal. If you didnt want her used as an example you should never have mentioned her. The homosexuality comment was made as you think irish men are the bee's knee's, and you may have more luck with them than the hideous irish women. It wasn't a slight against sexuality if thats what you are getting at!!!

Ultimately we disagree on this issue, that is kind of obvious!! You think the vast majority of irish fella's are perfect and the vast majority of irish women are unattractive, rude, .... fill in the blanks yourself.

I think irish people in general are pretty decent people, we are not bad looking at all. BOTH sexes however have their faults, and it is unfair to suggest otherwise.

I think i know which viewpoint is more likely and realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I know the question is for Irish guys, and I'm not Irish, but after 10 years here I have a few thoughts on the subject. I can see the difference between things you have no control over (height, bone structure etc.) and things you do have control over, and I find the latter far outweigh the former.

Lack of height is not a problem in itself, but if combined with excessive weight ... oh dear. The dumpy look is not attractive. I'm not expecting model-thin - that's not that attractive either - but how about getting the Body Mass Index down to, say, around 25? Yes, I know BMI is not an exact science, but if it's above 30, it's obviously unhealthy, and visible health is attractive. You can't control height, but you can control weight.

I have a real problem with what you might call "unladylike" behaviour: excessive drinking, bad language, falling down in public. Smoking is an absolute no-no: it turns your skin grey and makes your hair stink. The ability to speak is important: it's how you let people know that you're not just a pretty face, but there's a brain in there too. The more clearly you can speak, the better you'll be understood.

Crikey! Oi'm startin' to sound loik 'Enery 'Iggins, an' Oi'm not e'en English!

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

There is fack all wrong with Irish men and it's about time Irish women started to check themselves rather than blaming men

LOL!!! You so funnny! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

I think everyone has unrealistic standards, myself included.
    I have a series of things I would like in a woman and I highly doubt I'll meet a girl/woman who will meet all of them and surpass them. So then what?

MizzLolly wrote: »

Hilarious isn't he!!!! ;)

JangoFett wrote: »
    I think everyone has unrealistic standards, myself included.
    I have a series of things I would like in a woman and I highly doubt I'll meet a girl/woman who will meet all of them and surpass them. So then what?

Well according to Pete your chances of finding your perfect girl here is brrrrrutal so probably best to get out of here altogether. Try Australia or France, i bet ALL french and aussie women are perfect, gorgeous, thin, polite, sweet, don't curse, dress amazingly..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

bnt wrote: »

Lack of height is not a problem in itself, but if combined with excessive weight ... oh dear. The dumpy look is not attractive. I'm not expecting model-thin - that's not that attractive either - but how about getting the Body Mass Index down to, say, around 25? Yes, I know BMI is not an exact science, but if it's above 30, it's obviously unhealthy, and visible health is attractive. You can't control height, but you can control weight.

I have a real problem with what you might call "unladylike" behaviour: excessive drinking, bad language, falling down in public. Smoking is an absolute no-no: it turns your skin grey and makes your hair stink. The ability to speak is important: it's how you let people know that you're not just a pretty face, but there's a brain in there too. The more clearly you can speak, the better you'll be understood.

Crikey! Oi'm startin' to sound loik 'Enery 'Iggins, an' Oi'm not e'en English!

Is this limited to irish women? Or women all over the world? Because in my experience this applies to a % of women in every country (where they have freedom)

And i agree with you btw, it isn't attractive, in women or men. But apparently we are supposed to put up with men being overweight, drinking excessively, smoking, cursing etc etc while we keep ourselves pristine... PFFFFT! Please!!!

Well according to Pete your chances of finding your perfect girl here is brrrrrutal so probably best to get out of here altogether. Try Australia or France, i bet ALL french and aussie women are perfect, gorgeous, thin, polite, sweet, don't curse, dress amazingly..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've been to Australia and it doesn't help, trust me. Aussie men tend to be tanned and in great shape. Pasty and not in amazing shape doesn't compete

MizzLolly wrote: »

Thanks, I'm here most days .. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Fvck all wrong with Irish men??? My arse! Even all the women on here are not saying we are perfect but you think irish men are?? Oh to be so deluded!! I feel sorry for your girlfriend. She may be perfect to you now, but if she dares to step out of the confines of what you think is a 'nice, pretty' irish woman god help her. I really think you should hang on to her because if not you will end up single forever if you go around with a rose tinted view of the perfect irish male population V the mean, ugly, full of themselves females.

Better yet give homosexuality a try out, you'll save yourself the trouble and strife of venturing into the cesspool of choice you'd have with women. Your attitude truly stinks !

Dont post in this thread again.

I've been to Australia and it doesn't help, trust me. Aussie men tend to be tanned and in great shape. Pasty and not in amazing shape doesn't compete

The funny thing is.. most irish women i know couldn't give a hoot if a guy is tanned, with a truck load of pecs!!! As long as he's a nice guy who'll treat them well (as in not cheat on them etc, not wine and dine them like a lot of Irish guys think women expect) and they are compatible and obviously that they don't look like the elephant man! We are only human after all.

I think guys are a lot more judgemental of women's looks than vice versa. Hearing conversations from brothers, male friends about women is shocking and very few women could live up to it. I have never heard my friends talk about guys like that. JMO of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

The funny thing is.. most irish women i know couldn't give a hoot if a guy is tanned, with a truck load of pecs!!! As long as he's a nice guy who'll treat them well (as in not cheat on them etc, not wine and dine them like a lot of Irish guys think women expect) and they are compatible and obviously that they don't look like the elephant man! We are only human after all.

I think guys are a lot more judgemental of women's looks than vice versa. Hearing conversations from brothers, male friends about women is shocking and very few women could live up to it. I have never heard my friends talk about guys like that. JMO of course.

See you in a couple of days.

Oh yeah, that makes sense, but it's a bit of an idealistic approach to things. Women are very judgemental too. I have a lot of female friends and they cut men in half when discussing them, they can be ruthless. An ex of mine told her friends all about me in bed and they in turn talked to me about my penis which was an excruciating conversation, I was intimidated enough by her friends as it was!

I on the otherhand wouldn't mind being a robot...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭DubLass

I cant join in this discussion and be objective as I am extremely attractive :D

DubLass wrote: »
    I cant join in this discussion and be objective as I am extremely attractive :D

+1 billion modesty points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭DubLass

+1 billion modesty points

My tongue was firmly in my cheek my dear!!! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement