Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do Irish men find Irish women so unattractive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

DubLass wrote: »
    My tongue was firmly in my cheek my dear!!! ;)

So was mine, hence 1 billion, damn the internet not allowing my tone of voice to be heard!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I was in Club 92 last night and there were loads of stunners around. In fairness a lot of them were in their early twenties, but I didn't care. One of them actually approached me and started to chat to me. Although my mate was saying she did the same to him a few mins later.

I don't think I seen a howler in the whole place really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

foodie66 wrote: »
    it and it is disingenuous for you to say so.

Nice, now where did I read something similar? Hhhmmm. Oh yeah, it was a reply to one of your posts from OutlawPete I beleive ..
    OutlawPete wrote: »
    it's disingenuous of you to imply that I said as much.

So where were we ..
    I have never condoned being rude to someone ..

Oh yes you have. Many times you have implied it is mens fault for the reactions they get when out, should they actually have the audacity to approcah a girl after having a few drinks.
    guys have approached girls, have failed to score for various reasons and feel bitter and rejected about it!!

Yes, that's it. Any man who points out the Irish women in general are rude must have a 'rejection complex' .. *sigh*

Of course you would never makes excuses for rude obnoxious women.

This was you who posted the following comments, right?
    Its probably just protecting themselves more than bring a b!tch ..
    If guys didnt get so bladdered you wouldn't see half as many girls with 'chips on their shoulders'
    the same old bitter, rejected guys posting about how cruel, ugly, full of ourselves

Sounds like excuses to me
    You are the one who said you are lucky because you found a 'rare' nice, attractive irish girl therefore you have gotten personal.

More twisting. I didn't say my gf was "rare" becuse she was attractive. Ireland has more 'attractive' girls than anywhere I have ever been.

I said she was a 'rarity' (as are some of her firends) in the context of rudeness of some Irish women when approached by guys. They are friendly to guys and don't seem to have that need that a lot of Irish girls have to be rude and obnoxious.

There are many many girls like them of course but my opinion is that in general Irish women are not that approachable and tend to treat men like crap cause they can get away with it.
    If you didnt want her used as an example you should never have mentioned her.

I have no problem with you refering to my girlfirend. That is NOT what I had a problem with. I'll say no more.
    The homosexuality comment was made as you think irish men are the bee's knee's,

I'll give it some thought but, allthough I find Irish guys to be decent sorts, I am turned off my the fact that they all have penises.
    It wasn't a slight against sexuality if thats what you are getting at!!!

I wasn't.
    You think the vast majority of irish fella's are perfect

For the last time, I DO NOT think "irish fellas" are "perfect". However, I do believe you'd be hard pressed to find a country with a male population that are as, in general, sound.
    and the vast majority of irish women are unattractive....

I have never SAID nor IMPLIED anything that would make you think that I thought Irish women were "Unattractive".
    and you may have more luck with them than the hideous irish women.

Again, here you go implying that I have made negative comments about Irish women's appearances, when I haven't. Not once have I made comment regarding Irish women's attractivness let alone imply that they were "hideous".
    I think i know which viewpoint is more likely and realistic.

As do I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I´m not talking any of this to heart, to be honest and either should any of the other women in here unless they´ve had experiences of Irish men rejecting them left, right and centre. Irish men finding Irish women unattractive in the real world hasn´t been my experience. I´ve never had a problem scoring at home and either have my friends (most of them are marrying Irish men in the next few years). I´m never saying another word on any thread on this topic ever again. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Humph, 25.89% of people don't find Irish women attractive. Girls, you should be proud of yourselves, you're so fucking attractive, you're even attracting half the female population! Although thats no surprise to me really.

Kudos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I can see both sides of the arguments raised. I agree that some Irish women are very unapproachable and in some cases downright rude on a night out but on the same note some Irish men can be overbearing, clingy and stalker like in the same situations.

I'm 29 years old & haven't had an Irish girlfriend since I was 19. In the last 10 years I have been (and still am) in long term relationships with women from different parts of Europe. This was not a totally personal choice as I sort of gravitated towards foreign women mainly due to either the constant lack of available Irish women or the appeal of something different.

I must admit that I am very happy with my choice and I seriously doubt that I would actively seek out an Irish girl if my circumstances changed. Not only does it still seem that all the nice ones are taken but that totally clannish, close-minded & overly sarcastic nature of Irish girls is very off putting to me to the point where men would sometimes prefer to just get locked with his mates then to try chatting to an Irish women and possibly have their night ruined.

On the flipside of that, a few times I was out with my girlfriend at a bar/club, whenever I went to the bar or toilet some drunken buffoon would try his luck with her & when I'd come back I'd be greeted with that puffed out chest "what the f*ck do you want" vibe off the bloke (after my gf had spurred his advances and repeatedly told him that she was with me for 5 minutes straight). I don't really mind it but when it keeps happening it can grow very tiresome, then again, most bars/clubs are 80% men so what can you really expect.

I don't think this is exclusively an Irish thing either, far from it actually. Off the top of my head if I changed Irish women to Swedish women and Irish men to Italian men then the point hits home alittle better I think. Some Swedish women are very emotionally cold and breaking that ice with them can take longer than some blokes patience can handle. Some Italian men are notoriously sleazy and will literally drool down a woman’s top while chatting her up. What's the difference? You could agree about looks and I'd agree because alot of people are superficial and shallow, but there has to be more to it than that, well I'd like to think that there was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Lana80

I think the question should be why do Irish women find Irish men attractive?I unfortunately been one of them.
    But in response to this thread I think the problem lies in the fact that Irish men are lacking in a bit of gumption when it comes to Irish women,are used to being mammied and have no balls(the majority)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Lana80 wrote: »
    I think the question should be why do Irish women find Irish men attractive?I unfortunately been one of them.
    But in response to this thread I think the problem lies in the fact that Irish men are lacking in a bit of gumption when it comes to Irish women,are used to being mammied and have no balls(the majority)

Define gumption

You mammy me, I dump you ASAP

<quick fumble> balls - present and accounted for, no lumps.

You're obviously an Irish man if you dont know what 'gumption' is.And am guessing you don't have it.Know need to fumble around to see if you've balls (not in a literal sense).You either have them or you dont :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Hang on a minute, you totally slate Irish men then admit that you are still attracted to them?

An Irish woman in a nut shell :D

• Advertisement

I only slate Irish men for the fact that I am defending my fellow Irish women.There just seems to be a backlash against them (comprised of Irish men's insecurities...and more)
    Ye dont know how good ye have it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

You're obviously an Irish man if you dont know what 'gumption' is.And am guessing you don't have it.Know need to fumble around to see if you've balls (not in a literal sense).You either have them or you dont :)

I think Opinion Guy has balls. You aren't doing Irish women any favours by insulting Irish men without any decent reasons for it. If you think that Irish women don't deserve the bad press maybe you can put forward some arguments other then Irish men are all mammy's boys.

Has anyone a sense of humour around here?
    Ok will start a thread ,get some positivity going,and hope that might undo my insults
    Challenge you to do the same re. Irish women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

For the last time, I DO NOT think "irish fellas" are "perfect". However, I do believe you'd be hard pressed to find a country with a male population that are as, in general, sound.

TBH I used to think that too until I saw people I hand around with after a few drinks that would be perfectly normal around women if they were in your group being complete arseholes to them and not taking no for an answer.

Some guys need a firm no especially if they've been drinking but most guys don't so I think some Irish women need to relax and chill out if approached until the guy actually shows he's an arsehole.

Can say what they like but they don't have some kind of arsehole radar. Most nights I've been out I've never had a problem and generally I just don't drink a lot (usually 3 pints) and I've been out dancing or whatever and some drunk woman starts yelling at me for coming on to her when she was just in my way on my way back from the bar.

Some people are just fooking nuts though. It usually only comes out when they've been drinking.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I think Opinion Guy has balls. You aren't doing Irish women any favours by insulting Irish men without any decent reasons for it. If you think that Irish women don't deserve the bad press maybe you can put forward some arguments other then Irish men are all mammy's boys.

Well said.

There has been a lot of little digs at men in these threads regarding their manhood etc. It's not so obvious as it's happening but it builds up.

How many times have we read "Grow a pair" or just general refering to guy needing to have balls. There was even a snide 'premature ejaculation' remark.

Most likely all made in jest but I just wonder if men starting to make similar quips about women, how would it go down.

thebman wrote: »
    Some guys need a firm no

I agree and I'm not refering to those guys at all. You have to ignore arseholes when they are being arseholes.
    I've been out dancing or whatever and some drunk woman starts yelling at me for coming on to her when she was just in my way on my way back from the bar.

It is these women though that seem to be everywhere. If an Irish women is anyway good looking they tend to be very rude to men, other women etc

Of course that's not all of them, far from it but they do tend to drown out the nice women and make it almost impossible to know which ones are which.
    Some people are just fooking nuts though.

True :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭kaymin

I agree that girls tend to be on the defensive when approached without giving any hints that they want to be approached but this is the same anywhere in the world in my experience. Personally I don't try chatting up a girl unless she sends a fairly clear signal to me that she wants to be chatted up.

Some ladsI hang around with do not read signals very well and I admire many a girls patience and diplomacy in extricating themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I just wonder if men starting to make similar quips about women, how would it go down.

eh.. is a whole thread of hostile remarks towards Irish women not enough?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

kaymin wrote: »
    I agree that girls tend to be on the defensive when approached without giving any hints that they want to be approached but this is the same anywhere in the world in my experience. Personally I don't try chatting up a girl unless she sends a fairly clear signal to me that she wants to be chatted up.

Some ladsI hang around with do not read signals very well and I admire many a girls patience and diplomacy in extricating themselves.

Shamefully, I can be a bit of a dick when approached and I only realise it when he's gone and then I feel bad. I don't go out with the intention of meeting someone though so I'm usually in the sense of go away and leave me with my friends. I'm a friendly lass really and would talk to any random stranger in any other situation except in the pub.

Irish men are lovely though, I love you all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

I've travelled to around 20 different countries and leaving personality aside theres definitely and large percentage of just plain unattractive women in Ireland.

I'm realistic though and know that im not a looker myself in fact i would propose that irish men arent anything special either.

I'm not saying this to insult anyone or anything its just instantly obvious when you travel to the likes of a continental european city the amount of seriously hot women there will leave your jaw on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 xmcp

We're an ugly race. End of. A lot of Irish lads are short with bad faces. But, jesus, nearly 90% of Irish women over the age of 23 are obese, around here anyway. My father even said it a while ago, Irish women are really letting themselves go.

If anyone wants proof, browse plentyoffish.com for a while.... then go look at Scotland, which I thought would be as bad. No, we're definitely the worst. Ugliest white people in the world unfortunately :-(

I agree and I'm not refering to those guys at all. You have to ignore arseholes when they are being arseholes.

It is these women though that seem to be everywhere. If an Irish women is anyway good looking they tend to be very rude to men, other women etc

Of course that's not all of them, far from it but they do tend to drown out the nice women and make it almost impossible to know which ones are which.

True :)

I find the ratio goes down considerably when you don't go out in Dublin. Too many people in a closed environment (city isn't open really, just endless buildings and houses) tends to get everyone all wound up.

I went to Cork earlier this year and the girls that we got chatting to there were nice. Much smaller city and nicer IMO so people are just more relaxed. They tend to actually want to meet people in general in the city where as when I'm in Dublin, you always get the impression everyone wishes everyone else would just fook off.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lirael

uhmm mmm

In my opinion 90% of Irish girls are just ugly ... they're fat they don't know how to match clothes properly ... they only look just like shining beacon in all these colors they put on ...

the pity they have not any sense of shame or dignity either when wearing tight clothes that make them look like whales ...

If I were a man I would not choose any ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Lirael wrote: »
    uhmm mmm

In my opinion 90% of Irish girls are just ugly ... they're fat they don't know how to match clothes properly ... they only look just like shining beacon in all these colors they put on ...

the pity they have not any sense of shame or dignity either when wearing tight clothes that make them look like whales ...

In my opinion your post is rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Lirael wrote: »
    uhmm mmm

I've been with a few Irish girls that were a size 6, That is anything but fat.

I've slept with some girls from different countries, they're just like us, some ugle, some good looking some stunning, Though I will say foreign women tend to make more of an effort, but that being said Irish women in my experience are very easy to approach, maybe ye folks just need to get outta dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Well back to the whole Eastern European girls taking care of themselves thing...

At work yesterday a Latvian co-worker girl came up to me and told me I'm after getting fat and need to lose weight. And that I was thinner in the summer. She also said "In our country girls take care of themselves and look after their bodies, here they don't." Okay yeah, I agree with her to an extent. But don't go telling me I need to lose weight when I'm healthy. Anyway this one is seriously unhealthy looking. She's about 5'10" and no more than a size 6. Most gaunt looking face I have seen. Bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

..maybe ye folks just need to get outta dublin!

Maybe they need to get away from their keyboards and live in the real world. I live in Dublin and I'd like to think I'm neither fat or ugly.

Please, make this thread go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

It's just that people are more likely to start a thread whinging about something that to start a "Aren't irish women hot?" thread.
    私の陰茎を吸いなさい

キスを私の肛門

Well I'm my scientically determined ideal weight so I know I'm not overweight :D

http://xkcd.com/54/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Well back to the whole Eastern European girls taking care of themselves thing...

At work yesterday a Latvian co-worker girl came up to me and told me I'm after getting fat and need to lose weight. And that I was thinner in the summer. She also said "In our country girls take care of themselves and look after their bodies, here they don't." Okay yeah, I agree with her to an extent. But don't go telling me I need to lose weight when I'm healthy. Anyway this one is seriously unhealthy looking. She's about 5'10" and no more than a size 6. Most gaunt looking face I have seen. Bitch.
    perfect example of a typical irish woman attitude - perfect conclusion for closing the thread :D

you are agree with her but you are not looking to keep fit/go gym anytime soon?

you know,i say if,if you have really become size 12 after 3 years time,it will be caused' by that kind attitude?

doesnt matter how skinny or skeleton-like she is - is just your typical irish reaction:'ye,ye,ye you are right,but meh!':D oh i found this quality in men alot too ,in fairness:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 xmcp

pics of gaunt latvian plz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bert Hanley

jaysus i love irish girls even more...am with a swiss girl and she is tunning but reallllllyyyy miss the craic of an irish girl and when mates in switzerland speak to me they always swoon after an irish lady.
    just enough balance between smut and purity imo:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

In a lot of Eastern Europe to be a size 6 or less is normal though and a lot of them wouldn't even go to the gym they achieve that through their diets alone. Then again, they have a different diet to us. A girl I was in school with was from Russia, VERY slim and tall one day she told me she'd put on loads of weight since arriving in Ireland and was going on a diet of 2 apples a day. Crazy stuff.

MizzLolly wrote: »
    eh.. is a whole thread of hostile remarks towards Irish women not enough?

That last post there, the fat, ugly one etc, was out of order but other than that I didn't see any comment towards a woman that was close to the 'grow a pair' crap I read. Those comments are deliberately trying to make a guy feel small (so to speak :))

I think the comments from the women on this thread about men, have been more than match for the ones made about women.

I live in Dublin and I'd like to think I'm neither fat or ugly.

That was one comment which he wasn't endorsed by another poster so lets not get carried away. There is athread on AH now about Men and their weight so .. swings and roundabouts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bert Hanley

sorry but isnt that the point...have a humourless gaunt breadstick or have a real person with a real body and a real personlaity...now that is sexy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

seraphimvc wrote: »
    perfect example of a typical irish woman attitude - perfect conclusion for closing the thread :D

you are agree with her but you are not looking to keep fit/go gym anytime soon?

you know,i say if,if you have really become size 12 after 3 years time,it will be caused' by that kind attitude?

doesnt matter how skinny or skeleton-like she is - is just your typical irish reaction:'ye,ye,ye you are right,but meh!':D oh i found this quality in men alot too ,in fairness:pac:

What? I do keep fit. I go swimming about 3 times a week. I often go jogging. I have a healty diet. I've never been anywhere near overweight. That's why I was so shocked by what she said!

Maybe they need to get away from their keyboards and live in the real world. I live in Dublin and I'd like to think I'm neither fat or ugly.

Please, make this thread go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ah will ya stop you were raised in the country, thats why you look how you do :pac:

sorry but isnt that the point...have a humourless gaunt breadstick or have a real person with a real body and a real personlaity...now that is sexy
    I've a question, Why can't skinny girls have a real personality??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

What? I do keep fit. I go swimming about 3 times a week. I often go jogging. I have a healty diet. I've never been anywhere near overweight. That's why I was so shocked by what she said!

I could understand if you were even a little overweight, maybe-- barring the fact that it's still ridiculously insensitive, but their culture tends to lead them to be more "direct"-- but going off of the pics you've posted of yourself in tLL the remark was completely uncalled for and totally groundless. You are by no means even remotely above average weight, nevermind what she was saying! You look how you're meant to look, healthy and fit, not gaunt or a rake and not chubby or fat. Right how you're supposed to.

Mental attitudes some women have.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This thread is now going around in circles and has long outlived its sell by date. Please be aware that this thread will be closed soon in the event that you have any final input to add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

Well said.

There has been a lot of little digs at men in these threads regarding their manhood etc. It's not so obvious as it's happening but it builds up.

How many times have we read "Grow a pair" or just general refering to guy needing to have balls. There was even a snide 'premature ejaculation' remark.

Most likely all made in jest but I just wonder if men starting to make similar quips about women, how would it go down.

Yes If memory serves me correctly that was made by a MAN so what is your point?

thermo66 wrote: »
    Yes If memory serves me correctly that was made by a MAN so what is your point?

Actually, the original male poster was NOT refering to premature ejaculation .. but was mistaken as so by a female poster and then it was pointed out that OutlawPete 'might be able to help you with that' .. this is what I was refering to.

So get your facts straight.

Anyway, I thought this thread was closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Maybe we should all tone back the pettyness and snide remarks there people lest we get the thread perma-closed.

I only slate Irish men for the fact that I am defending my fellow Irish women.There just seems to be a backlash against them (comprised of Irish men's insecurities...and more)
    Ye dont know how good ye have it :)

See thats the thing Lana. some of the guys posting here are doing what you describe and its not really helping the thread any and understandalby the ladies are lashing back, but others are actually trying to make an intelligent point.

Maybe read post 421:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63037268&postcount=421

and post 449:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63043182&postcount=449

but others are actually trying to make an intelligent point.

Maybe read post 421:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63037268&postcount=421

and post 449:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63043182&postcount=449

No OutlawPete posts!!!??? :confused:

:D

xmcp wrote: »
    We're an ugly race. End of. A lot of Irish lads are short with bad faces. But, jesus, nearly 90% of Irish women over the age of 23 are obese, around here anyway. My father even said it a while ago, Irish women are really letting themselves go.

If anyone wants proof, browse plentyoffish.com for a while.... then go look at Scotland, which I thought would be as bad. No, we're definitely the worst. Ugliest white people in the world unfortunately :-(

Speak for yourself buddy! We are just like any other country. Gorgeous, average and plain. I've lived in New Zealand and travels around a lot especially in Europe and have seen the same variety of attractiveness. None of my friends are obese, most are just right or too skinny almost! One friend has a bit of weight on her but she's just had 2 kids within 3 yrs, i think thats allowed.

That said the irish diet does tend to include a lot of junk food, but that is rising in so called 'healthy' countries such as Italy, Spain. Obesidy is rising there also. Irish men and women could do with doing more exercise for sure.

If there is one thing i would change among irish women it would be their affinity for fake tan. I also think young girls 'nightclub' fashion can be appalling! As a mature student who went back to study in recent years I used to feel like a granny on class night's out wearing a normal dress or a trousers and top. The old adage of never showing both your legs or cleavage seems to be long gone!!! And i was only 6/7 years older than most of these girls. But this fashion trend is coming from L.A so its unfair to blame irish girls, its what they are being bombarded with as being normal.

Besides that I think Irish girls are beautiful in the main. Its very disheartening to see irish guys attitude towards us. I mean if i was abroad and heard a discussion about how 'ugly' Irish guys are i'd be the first to stick up for them.

Its very disheartening to see irish guys attitude towards us.

The vast majority of men that have posted on this thread have said that Irish women are attractive. Your focusing on one or two posts by idiots who said all Irish women are fat.

There have been far more comments saying that Irish women are attractive than not. It has been more Irish women's attitude that has been criticised.

The Poll results are clear. Men find irish women attractive.

Actually, the original male poster was NOT refering to premature ejaculation .. but was mistaken as so by a female poster and then it was pointed out that OutlawPete 'might be able to help you with that' .. this is what I was refering to.

So get your facts straight.

Anyway, I thought this thread was closed.

No your facts are incorrect actually, it was not mistaken, i double checked and they understood the meaning and made a joke that you would know about it but you misunderstood it. You need to read more carefully before you accuse people of not knowing what they are talking about.

Goodbye!

it was not mistaken, i double checked

Eh, yes it was. Try triple checking.
    Na, there's never any worry about me outstaying my welcome. If anything, there's more of a worry of premature ejeculation.

Then ..
    eh ok ... maybe outlaw pete can help you with that one, I hear he's an expert with that :D:D

And then ..
    People missed my joke. It was premature ejeculation, like eject-ulation, leaving too soon rather than outstaying my welcome when talking to a girl

Now are you going tell me that Foodie66 didn't make the same mistake as I did and read the above as 'ejaculation'?

Strange how you have a '66' in your username also and you picked 'this' post on the thread from last night out of all the others .. hhhhmmmmmmm.
    Goodbye!

Bye now .. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I blame the sheer absence of co-ed schools.

Growing up having recieved primary and secondary education in an all boys school definetly impeded my chances of having female friends from a young age. As a teenager I hung around in a group of roughly half a dozen lads. Therefore, I honestly found it hard to interact with girls, mainly due to nervousness and inexperience. I was not alone in this sense. Girls were also in the same boat - there is an undeniably high level of friction between the sexes in this country, which I may attribute in no small way to our conservative past.

Usually, this friction I speak of dies down and disappears with age. Im 20, been in college for a few years. I no longer have the 'wow, here I am talking to a girl' mentality when socialising with others. Considering that I was laughed at when I told a friend from another country about my lack of interaction with the opposite sex during my formative years, this is obviously not a factor in other western countries.

So, your thoughts? Im sure girls who went to a co-ed school are far more informed when it comes to men, and visa-versa. As for us who went to our poxy ****ing religious schools with an effigy of Christ in every room, do you feel you may have suffered in this regard?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement