Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do Irish men find Irish women so unattractive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭powerzjim

i love irish women

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

oh and STOP USING LYNX :P

What is wrong with lynx? I use it all the time and my friends often compliment me on how nice I smell :confused: would you prefer the guy to stink of B.O. / sweat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Sweetie if you saw me you certainly wouldn't be saying that - conceited, yes yes I am cause I know im hot :D (and IRISH)

I find you and your type thoroughly uninteresting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Irish women are confident and independent a lot more now than what they were say 10-15 years ago, which can be very sexy and appealing.
    Sometimes this can be misconceived as bullish and aggressive and is the most unattractive thing in anybody, male or female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

This is probably most Irish guys falldown. Hammered either male or female will not find you a mate, let alone a hot one. I like Irish guys, I find Americans mostly talk about money, French, Spanish & Italians have a funny look in their eye when you dare open your mouth, but if Irish men feel like most here we may as well start looking elsewhere. Any cute Eastern European MALE boardsies??? Pics pls.....

Well in fairness most irish women get pretty damn drunk at weekends too! I suppose im not long out of college so have to tone down the drinking gradually but not completely! as for the eastern european lads, they drink sh!t loads as well!

Anyway, what do we do wrong apart from the drinking? surely once a week is alright? secondly, you cant expect to mould a fella to the way you want with out seeming like a complete bitch, which is most irish women's downfall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

I'm afraid I'd get a ban, the ones on my pc are a bit on the naughty side :eek:

Use the PM feature found in the top right corner ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

god I've had this argument many times on here - Irish men are insecure and cannot handle that the Irish women are now strong, independant and assertive so they try to knock them down by calling them ugly.

There's a difference between unattractive and ugly.
    A woman may look decent but her attitude can make her unattractive.

Those strong, independent & assertive types may be scoring points for the feminists but doesn't mean that men want some high maintenance chore of a woman who will be vocal about her demands needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

ei.sdraob wrote: »

theres a thin line separating "strong, independant and assertive" from "loud, obnoxious and rude"

anyways theres always exception to generalize a whole gender or race due to a few outliers is called stereotyping

Yeah cause that hasn't happened on this thread already :rolleyes:

I also don't know where you guys hang out, try going to a place WITHOUT alchohol.

segaBOY wrote: »
    Use the PM feature found in the top right corner ;)

He'll keep it safe and sound in his inbox...;)

I also don't know where you guys hang out, try going to a place WITHOUT alchohol.

Psh you can't drink alcohol on teh internetz, silly wimins :P :)

• Advertisement

As a strong independant woman I really don't give a sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

hmmm, strange one. my missus is polish, so i dont really know what to say! i love irish girls, but then again, i love women full stop. a hot woman is a hot woman, no matter where she is from.

there are many many fantastic looking irish girls and in general, i think irish woman are no better looking or uglier than any race out there. however, many irish woman are a mess and dont look after themselves. compared to other countries, irish girls drink alot more and that has caused them to let themselves go. there are many girls i know who were smoking hot when they were 17/18 but now, in their mid 20s, look terrible as they did not look after themselves. SOME then are stuck up themselves. finding a really hot irish girl, who doesnt have emotional baggage and has a nice personality, is hard these days!

what my missue did say is that irish girls have got slimmer in the past few years and you know what, she is right. the arrival of alot of foreign, slim girls, has upped the level here and irish girls have responded positively. they still have a bit to do though in terms of class. alot of other countries women have class, that many irish girls lack. and when i refer to class, i mean not getting hammered drunk, puking their rings out, with their bellies hanging out of poorly thought of outits. and just smiling!

like where? saturday nights are generally for going to the pub/club. not gonna pick up too many women at the cinema now are you?

I find that type makes a pretty poor dinner too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

It's not about alcohol, it's about mentality, alcohol just makes it worse. The same thing can be seen in the workplace, in shops, on the street, on the bus etc etc.

Psh you can't drink alcohol on teh internetz, silly wimins :P :)

very true, so if Irish guys (SOME) talk like this sober wtf are they like with a few pints of dutch courage or whatever. Very attractive.

prinz wrote: »
    It's not about alcohol, it's about mentality, alcohol just makes it worse. The same thing can be seen in the workplace, in shops, on the street, on the bus etc etc.

If all women treat you like that everywhere you go maybe its YOU, just a thought.

FTR Lynx smells of 15yr old in the middle of puberty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

i know i know :( i try to usually abstain from AH threads (this one started as a clear flamebait), but couldnt resist :D

the whole country (sadly) revolves around alcohol , unlike Europe there aint much else to do...

As a strong independant woman I really don't give a sh1t

Well done for disproving the point about class and the constant need to prove your self worth :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

very true, so if Irish guys (SOME) talk like this sober wtf are they like with a few pints of dutch courage or whatever. Very attractive.

Meh same can be said for some women. They can be very ignorant when they have drink taken. Skipping queues, barging their way around the club knocking drink out of people's hands, being generally vial in the way they talk etc., acting like absolute sluts being liberated etc. etc.

Same can be said about everyone. If you only attract one type of guy change your approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭celticfan32

Sweetie if you saw me you certainly wouldn't be saying that - conceited, yes yes I am cause I know im hot :D (and IRISH)

No such thing as a hot Irish woman !!!! Polish yes, Irish a definite NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yupyup7up wrote: »
    like where? saturday nights are generally for going to the pub/club. not gonna pick up too many women at the cinema now are you?

No but how about some sporty thing like the gym, martial arts classes etc, oh wait I forgot Im in nerdsville. Maybe just invest in a blowup doll of any race you prefer - problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mike kelly

what's wrong with LYNX?

No but how about some sporty thing like the gym, martial arts classes etc, oh wait I forgot Im in nerdsville. Maybe just invest in a blowup doll of any race you prefer - problem solved.

You obviously don't know about fap-o-rama over at lolocaust. Nerds paradise, don't even need to leave the house to perv these days.

i do go to the gym and there are a fair few stuck up women in there! Also I did martial arts for 3 years before playing rugby and there was about 2 women in the class. Women tend to go to kickboxing classes, and kickboxing sucks major bell end...

• Advertisement

you just gave me a business idea!

is there are market for blow up versions of these?!
    :D

http://i38.tinypic.com/14135w7.png

mike kelly wrote: »
    what's wrong with LYNX?
    think of the smelly unwashed teenagers use it to cover up their bad smell

Meh same can be said for some women. They can be very ignorant when they have drink taken. Skipping queues, barging their way around the club knocking drink out of people's hands, being generally vial in the way they talk etc., acting like absolute sluts being liberated etc. etc.

Same can be said about everyone. If you only attract one type of guy change your approach.

Again where are you hanging out??? I don't act like a slut nor do I dress like one, talk like one or drink like one. I never said I only attract one type of guy, I just gave examples of some of their techniques.

Prinz sorry to inform you but you will probably be single forever. Did some bold girl with an opinion make you feel inadequate??? I have a picture of you in my mind not a lot unlike comic book guy from the Simpsons. Can't remove it, its stuck now.

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    you just gave me a business idea!

is there are market for blow up versions of these?!

http://i38.tinypic.com/14135w7.png

lol great, Prinz will be your first customer, seeing as he's not getting any, ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I like Irish women.

*sigh*

• Advertisement

Again where are you hanging out??? I don't act like a slut nor do I dress like one, talk like one or drink like one. I never said I only attract one type of guy, I just gave examples of some of their techniques.

Prinz sorry to inform you but you will probably be single forever. Did some bold girl with an opinion make you feel inadequate??? I have a picture of you in my mind not a lot unlike comic book guy from the Simpsons. Can't remove it, its stuck now.

see your stereotyping now

dont you think its a bit hypocritical to accuse others of doing that in a thread about stereotyping and then turn around and do the same

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

you sound like a right charmer, and by the way you're on the internet forum too. Where are all these drunk arse slapping bruiser men that you are all talking about? I really don't know where you guys go out and see all these Irish women/men puking all over the place and holding up hair etc. And maybe it's the way you all approach women or something because they seem to be friendly enough to me, maybe it's just the younger girls that are these stuck up biatches.

I'm afraid I'd get a ban, the ones on my pc are a bit on the naughty side :eek:

;)

Wow, from that post you sound exactly like the type of girl people here are referring to.

I am going to take a wild guess on this one and say (a) you're single (b) you're sick of attracting the same types of guy (c) you believe that obviously it's not that you're doing anything to bring about this result because the 'girls' on SATC never had this problem and (d) you'll probably end up with an overweight obnoxious prat for the simple reason being by the time you learned your mistake, all the decent fellas are taken and won't look twice... either that or you end up in your forties still trying to act like you're 20 ( Sex and the City all over again ).

I'm getting married in 5 weeks. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

I have seen both men and women skipping q's and acting a*sehole-ish while out.
    That said, i think people drink far too much when out, and generally act a bit differant than they do in their sober state.

I go out for drinks and all that, but i dont go getting purposely wasted, and i'm never surprised at the amount of people who go with the intention of getting as wrecked as possible.
    " i cant remember what happened last night" is generally met with "sign of a good night"
    :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:
    No not really...

Glad to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Ha haaa... that's gotta hurt Hells Belle, who was straying a bit close too close to personal abuse on you :)

Could Marge be prosecuted here for bigamy??:eek:

Hellsbelle, you probably don't realise it but your posts indicaste you fit the bill as to why Liah made this thread. If it was a car advertisement, you'd be the car.

Best of luck with everything prinz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

" i cant remember what happened last night" is generally met with "sign of a good night"
    :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:
    No not really...

And especially as a woman... i'd be seriously freaking out if i didn't remember going home, or getting home, or how i got there....
    That said, its not good for men or women to not remember the night before...

• Advertisement

I have seen both men and women skipping q's and acting a*sehole-ish while out.

+1 on everything you said. The only difference is if a fella does it two things... one, I guarantee the vast majority of girls in the queue will scream down blue murder because he's a chauvinistic unmannerly pig and two, the last thing that will happen is he is described as just being independent, confident etc. You see the double standard..

I am going to take a wild guess on this one and say (a) you're single (b) you're sick of attracting the same types of guy (c) you believe that obviously it's not that you're doing anything to bring about this result because the 'girls' on SATC never had this problem and (d) you'll probably end up with an overweight obnoxious prat for the simple reason being by the time you learned your mistake, all the decent fellas are taken and won't look twice... either that or you end up in your forties still trying to act like you're 20 ( Sex and the City all over again ).

Yes very wild gues, a: certainly not single, b yes that is correct, c I don't watch and have never watched SATC, Hills etc, and finally d my partner is a hot Irish guy who drinks very very little if at all, goes to the gym on a regular basis, treats me like a princess and the "favours" are most definately returned, and is certainly a decent caring fella, we met at our local gym. Congrats on getting married, I hope its not to an Irish pig :rolleyes:

staker wrote: »
    Best of luck with everything prinz!

Cheers I suppose it will come as no suprise that the future mrs is a foraynor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

News to me.

+1 on everything you said. The only difference is if a fella does it two things... one, I guarantee the vast majority of girls in the queue will scream down blue murder because he's a chauvinistic unmannerly pig and two, the last thing that will happen is he is described as just being independent, confident etc. You see the double standard..

I just don't understand why people can't be a bit more polite and civil.

I understand we all like a bit of banter on AH or whatever but outside of nerdsville I always try and do my bit (for both sexes) by holding open a door for the next person, helping if someone seems to need a hand, generally minding my Ps and Qs or whatever. Amazingly some of the more "independent" girls think is me trying to crack on to them when I've absolutely no interest.

staker wrote: »

Hellsbelle, you probably don't realise it but your posts indicaste you fit the bill as to why Liah made this thread. If it was a car advertisement, you'd be the car.

Don't understand, a car?? Pls elaborate. If I was a car I'd be at the very least a 911, compact and cute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Congrats on getting married, I hope its not to an Irish pig :rolleyes:

I know this is after hours but I have to say that is possibly one of the nastiest things I have seen someone say to another user ever.

I'm disgusted. :mad:

prinz good luck with the wedding and your future together :)

Yes very wild gues, a: certainly not single, b yes that is correct, c I don't watch and have never watched SATC, Hills etc, and finally d my partner is a hot Irish guy who drinks very very little if at all, goes to the gym on a regular basis, treats me like a princess and the "favours" are most definately returned, and is certainly a decent caring fella, we met at our local gym. Congrats on getting married, I hope its not to an Irish pig :rolleyes:

Princess=Irish pig?

From reading your posts the words "get over oneself" seem to spring to mind.

I just don't understand why people can't be a bit more polite and civil.

I understand we all like a bit of banter on AH or whatever but outside of nerdsville I always try and do my bit (for both sexes) by holding open a door for the next person, helping if someone seems to need a hand, generally minding my Ps and Qs or whatever. Amazingly some of the more "independent" girls think is me trying to crack on to them when I've absolutely no interest.

I'm a feminist and do everything for myself but I like a bit of old fashioned politeness, and will duly be polite back.

A smile across the room and opening a door will do much more for your personal life than staggering up legless hoping to charm the ladies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

Irish women are stunning!
    their only problem is that they keep looking for irish men and ignore all the hot good looking foreign guys around

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement