Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do Irish men find Irish women so unattractive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Oh and on my last post, it is one thing saying "X type of person is a pig" but actually calling another person someone one :eek:....*shudder* :eek:

wonder if the ban stick will make an appearance :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭mandysmithers

Jesus, another one of these threads, "Irish women are ugly, stuck-up bitches, what did the perfect, gorgeous men of Ireland do to be stuck with such pigs??!!"

The amount of threads on here with guys complaining about Irish women - I really think it must be down to bitterness due to constant rejection. If you go up to a girl in a club when you're drunk and slobbery, you probably won't get a favourable response.

Yes, some Irish women are stuck up, I'm sure, however I haven't met many like that. I'm also sure some Irish men are stuck up, and again thankfully I haven't met many like that either. I'm always polite to people when I'm out - if a guy approaches me and I've no interest, I'll usually have a quick chat and leave it at that. I'm not rude to them, and neither are my friends. But maybe that's just us.

Seriously, if you think ALL Irish women are rude, stuck-up and unattractive, maybe you're the problem?

Some of the rudest people I've met have been Eastern European, so no, they're not all perfect either....on the other hand, some of the nicest people I've met have been Eastern European.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Yes very wild gues, a: certainly not single, b yes that is correct, c I don't watch and have never watched SATC, Hills etc, and finally d my partner is a hot Irish guy who drinks very very little if at all, goes to the gym on a regular basis, treats me like a princess and the "favours" are most definately returned, and is certainly a decent caring fella, we met at our local gym. Congrats on getting married, I hope its not to an Irish pig :rolleyes:

I drink a fúcking sh*tload that doesn't make me inpolite or an a-hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

kingtut wrote: »
    Oh and on my last post, it is one thing saying "X type of person is a pig" but actually calling another person someone one :eek:....*shudder* :eek:

wonder if the ban stick will make an appearance :confused:

I was referring to the way some of the other posters had spoken of Irish ladies, Prinz thinks we are all mingers, I never inferred that we were, quite the opposite in fact, pls start at the beginning and read through before you post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Why can't more guys be like you segaboy? I'm a feminist and do everything for myself but I like a bit of old fashioned politeness, and will duly be polite back.

A smile across the room and opening a door will do much more for your personal life than staggering up legless hoping to charm the ladies.

With all due respect Hells Belle reread your post in relation to prinz's future wife.

That was not very polite, in fact the opposite. Attitudes like that are the reasons why I can't understand why *some* women (and men) can't just be a bit more polite and civil in this world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Jesus, another one of these threads, "Irish women are ugly, stuck-up bitches, what did the perfect, gorgeous men of Ireland do to be stuck with such pigs??!!"

this thread was started by a female

I was referring to the way some of the other posters had spoken of Irish ladies, Prinz thinks we are all mingers, I never inferred that we were, quite the opposite in fact, pls start at the beginning and read through before you post.

I read every single post! you still said that his fiance may be a pig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Good to see common sense seems to be prevailing in the poll..

There is no way these generalisations can apply.. some men are pigs, some women are ignorant, most are not!

Every day of my life I meet great Irish women and I don't see what the fuss is about! I'd be a seriously lonely guy if I didn't take this outlook on life..

I don't know if you can compare Irish men/women to men/women from other countries.. different economic/social/culutural situations and influences, these all sculpt peoples' character.

It's like saying all Irish people are miserable..or the weathers always bad here.. or we're all alcoholics.. if Ireland really was like this nobody would live here. Same applies to this: If all Irish women were physically and mentally unattractive there'd be no Irish men going out trying to meet them!

G'wan Irish girls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Don't understand, a car?? Pls elaborate. If I was a car I'd be at the very least a 911, compact and cute.

If it was a Porsche 911 advertisement, you'd be the Porsche911, it's just a(n?) euphemism..

There, you get to be the Porsche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

im my experience, i have a few males friends who have emigrated recently, and they are suddenly giving out about irish girls and how they're stuck up and hard to approach.

tbh, these are nice guys and a great laugh, but when it comes to chatting up girls they are sh1te! lines like "give us a go of your tits" and "are you having a drink then or what?" are in fairness not going to get the best response! that coupled with a guy being ossified trying to chat you up and then getting annoyed when you dont respond, shouting at you from a car...seriously what do you expect only to be rejected?

girls generally respond to normal conversation minus the cheesy chat up lines....

• Advertisement

staker wrote: »
    If it was a Porsche 911 advertisement, you'd be the Porsche911, it's just a(n?) euphemism..

Open the door for her Staker. She enjoys being treated like a princess.

I said I hope she's not an Irish pig, cause that seems to be the sentiment of a lot of male posters on this board. Never said she WAS.... Oh and sorry for upsetting any of your delicate male pride by having an opinion. Back to the Board Room kitchen for me, cause I'm a bold girl who happens to be an educated, employed & fit Irish lady. And proud of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Prinz thinks we are all mingers...

prinz wrote: »
    Irish women on average I would say are no better or worse than anyone else, (except maybe the Swedish, but the same applies for fellas on that one)..

:confused: Say what now? That was in regard to looks by the way attractive v. unattractive. Mindset is a different thing.

Nice one, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

I said I hope she's not an Irish pig, cause that seems to be the sentiment of a lot of male posters on this board. Never said she WAS.... Oh and sorry for upsetting any of your delicate male pride by having an opinion. Back to the Board Room kitchen for me, cause I'm a bold girl who happens to be an educated, employed & fit Irish lady. And proud of it.

you BADLY need to learn the difference between opinion and an insult.

Oh and sorry for upsetting any of your delicate male pride by having an opinion. Back to the Board Room kitchen for me, cause I'm a bold girl who happens to be an educated, employed & fit Irish lady. And proud of it.

That's just it again. It's nothing to be bloody "proud" of. It's just normal... You yourself are perpetuating the stereotype of the woman in the kitchen, by claiming an education and a job as things to be proud of just because you're female. Get over it.

If you have a guy saying the same things you'd be calling him a big headed twat.

Irish women on average I would say are no better or worse than anyone else, (except maybe the Swedish, but the same applies for fellas on that one).

However it's when it comes down to mentality, attitude and mindset that Irish girls tend to fall behind... this is by no means all Irish girls but many many many...

(a) fake tan, mini skirts, and unfeasibly high heels in the middle of winter with a howling gale and lashing rain - just why? Less does not always equal more.

(b) I'm not looking for round-for-round drinking buddy.

(C) being stylish is not the same as wearing whatever rubbish is on the catwalks at the time. 'fashionable' does not necessarily equate to stylish. Paris is a gret example.

(d) the god's gift attitude, not necessarily with regard to looks, but skipping of queues, getting into clubs free, being loud and obnoxious, ladette and loutish. I have seen a wasted girl knock over a table of drinks, bat her eyelashes at the bouncer and walk away. If a fella had done the same thing in the same pub he'd be outside kissing cobblestones, another variant of this I've seen is a girl spill her drink on a complete stranger who happened to be sitting as she was walking past. He got thrown out as he simply must have done/said something. She played dumb and said nothing, while he was. Went back to her group, cue howls of laughter.

(e) girls you meet out in Ireland assuming this persona of a ditzy muppet, when in fact they are very interesting, coherent and educated.

(f) tv - Sex and the City, the Hills, etc etc. Why must you try to emulate that crap.

(g) etiquette and manners, or rather the lack thereof. Also the labelling of any guy that has as chauvinistic, old fashioned, gay etc. Apparently it's great in the rom-coms, lots of dewy eyed 'awwh why couldn't I get a guy like that', in reality you're more likely to be laughed at.

Yeah nice editing to prove your point, which didn't work. Generalise much?

That's just it again. It's nothing to be bloody "proud" of. It's just normal... You yourself are perpetuating the stereotype of the woman in the kitchen, by claiming an education and a job as things to be proud of just because you're female. Get over it.

QFT.

I have never seen anything wrong with women doing all sorts of jobs. Never have an issue with having a female boss-but the fact that it's brought up so much by women it almost makes me think twice and question it.

Doing more bloody harm than good for their cause!

So because I'm a woman I can't be proud that I did get an education which I worked hard to pay for, bought my own house with my own money, bought my own car, pay my own bills etc. Should I have bowed to the first male who puked on me and had 5 sprogs while claiming all the benefits I could get and go out and get legless every weekend? :rolleyes:

So because I'm a woman I can't be proud that I did get an education which I worked hard to pay for, bought my own house with my own money, bought my own car, pay my own bills etc. Should I have bowed to the first male who puked on me and had 5 sprogs while claiming all the benefits I could get and go out and get legless every weekend? :rolleyes:

I'm doing the same and proud in my own way. Don't need to make a big song and dance about it. It's called earning your keep.

• Advertisement

prinz, if we ever meet I'm buying you a pint!

This thread has given me so many laughs :D and mostly thanks to you.

fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

What's this thread about now then?

prinz, if we ever meet I'm buying you a pint!

This thread has given me so many laughs :D and mostly thanks to you.

fair play!

Yeah for you, men with chauvinist tendencies should be lumped together - make sure you wear your "foreigners are hot, Irish are not" tshirts lest we tell you from the nice guys.

My ma was educated and working in the 1960's. Big whoopeee for you, 50 odd years later and you think you're fighting the cause for women's lib? :confused:

Yeah nice editing to prove your point, which didn't work. Generalise much?

Where in that post did I say Irish women were 'mingers'... a name usually reserved for the physically unlucky.

My ma was educated and working in the 1960's. Big whoopeee for you, 50 odd years later and you think you're fighting the cause for women's lib? :confused:

Is that why you don't like women, cause your mam worked? Well good for her, with some attitudes (as seen here) we need to keep up the cause, women rock!! If you think that sexism is dead well try living like a business women with a family for 5 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Hells Belles offically lost the plot at 12:49pm on Thursday the 12 of November, 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i disagree with this completly. a lot of my friends who are girls, are very attractive.
    a lot of my male friends have beautiful girlfriends.

i have a beautiful girlfriend.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Where in that post did I say Irish women were 'mingers'... a name usually reserved for the physically unlucky.

this is going nowhere, I'm off now for a lunch meeting. You guys work away.

• Advertisement

Yeah for you, men with chauvinist tendencies should be lumped together - make sure you wear your "foreigners are hot, Irish are not" tshirts lest we tell you from the nice guys.

EXCUSE ME! I never once said that foreigners are hot and Irish are not!

I am not a chauvinist! I'll have you know that I consider myself to be an honest, caring, average looking guy who has more female friends than male ones. I treat them well and always open the door for them. I have a Diploma and an Honours Degree as well as numerous academic awards and earn a very good wage.

I however do not feel the need to tell the world how great I am when to be honest no-one gives a s*it! (The only reason I posted the paragraph above this is to show that I am a decent hard-working guy, if it wasn't for having to defend myself no-one would know).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

1 in 4 find irish women unattractive according to the poll so far:eek::eek:

Didn't think it'd be that high tbh

EXCUSE ME! I never once said that foreigners are hot and Irish are not!

I am not a chauvinist! I'll have you know that I consider myself to be an honest, caring, average looking guy who has more female friends than male ones. I treat them well and always open the door for them. I have a Diploma and an Honours Degree as well as numerous academic awards and earn a very good wage.

I however do not feel the need to tell the world how great I am when to be honest no-one gives a s*it! (The only reason I posted the paragraph above this is to show that I am a decent hard-working guy, if it wasn't for having to defend myself no-one would know).

And yet you just did.

Is that why you don't like women, cause your mam worked?

What gave you that idea? :confused: I am honestly bemused now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I am honestly bemused now.
    it's what happens when you argue with crazy , I think she won in a way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

On the outside they're just the same as any other nationality... For every uggo, there's a tasty bit of stuff out there.

What puts me off Irish women more than anything is that a lot of them seem to have a god's gift to men kind of attitude, a far higher percentage than any other nationality I've ever come across anyway...

• Advertisement

And yet you just did.

yes and I explained why here!!! I posted it to defend myself!
    Take your own advice and read the post first!
    (The only reason I posted the paragraph above this is to show that I am a decent hard-working guy, if it wasn't for having to defend myself no-one would know).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

+1 on everything you said. The only difference is if a fella does it two things... one, I guarantee the vast majority of girls in the queue will scream down blue murder because he's a chauvinistic unmannerly pig and two, the last thing that will happen is he is described as just being independent, confident etc. You see the double standard..

Just me personally,
    I consider that bad manners. Wouldn't ener my head to think "chauvinistic unmannerly pig" as if a girl did it id still consider it rude.
    Im for manners, which is not gender specific.
    I have been just as quick to tell a girl 'back of the line' same as a fella. No double standards with me for manners.

For me, independance has nothing to do with attitude. Im independant, but i dont feel the need to be rude.. I can be rude, i can be horrible, but generally not for no reason at a random person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

tman wrote: »
    On the outside they're just the same as any other nationality... For every uggo, there's a tasty bit of stuff out there.

What puts me off Irish women more than anything is that a lot of them seem to have a god's gift to men kind of attitude, a far higher percentage than any other nationality I've ever come across anyway...

theres slightly more males in the population

http://www.cso.ie/statistics/popnbyage2006.htm

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Lookwise, a lot of Irish girls would give any other nationality a serious run for their money, there lots of stunning Irish women out there..

I just think what has turned a lot of Irish guys off Irish women is the fact that they are simply attracted to something different, aka, girls from other countries whether is be European, Asia, African of whatever.. The influx of people from different nationalities into Ireland has simply opened up new horizons and as a result you see some guys making sweeping comments about Irish girls.

I am guilty of doing so in the past but when I think about it now I realise I was wrong..

However a lot of Irish girls are now doing the same with Irish guys..

Some Irish girls granted have developed serious attitudes whether is be from their families making a lot of money very quickly in the past few years and it going to their head or they simply believe that they are thinking they are better than they are, but that isnt the norm with most Irish girls.

Personally I find most Irish girls are great craic, good looking and able to hold a good conversation about a range of topics..

Thats just my 2c on the subject..

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

1 in 4 find irish women unattractive according to the poll so far:eek::eek:

Didn't think it'd be that high tbh

Well considering 50% of Irish women are mingers* that counts as success

*im only joking, lets not get offended shall we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

[quote=[Deleted User];62969329]Shallow answer, foreign women are better looking and in much better shape, take care of themselves, have better fashion sense (some dont!) and loads more.
    On a not so shallow level Irish women are without a doubt the most stuck up women on the planet. Go to anywhere else in the world and you will see the difference.[/QUOTE]
    You Sir, using 3 sentences to summarise what i have seen/heard/learned after all these years, is a Saint.

/salute

well,physcially,irish girls have killer legs,it is a fact :pac: love them!!!but their beer belly and arms are like from a man.....

personality?the usual ignorant/socially insecure/close-minded obviously(not ALL okay,i am doin my little generalization here), BUT,under the effect of alcohol,there is a whole differenty story lol when you are talking about irish man/woman,you need to add in the alcohol factor.for those who said irish gals are able to take a good conversation - depends on their age/maturity;if you are saying a real good decent conversation ,so far,i only did once with a 30+ years old woman(not telling her real age here,she is a friend of my parent).

conclusion?of course (irish) man find (irish) woman attractive!!only when they are not scarily ugly and being crazy bitches.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

seraphimvc wrote: »
    well,physcially,irish girls have killer legs,it is a fact :pac:

Actually, I noticed this myself, what the hell is with that?! They've all got perfect legs.. or maybe Sally Hansen is really to thank for that. Who knows? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Ugh, it's only been a few hours since I last posted here and already this thread has turned into ''a men 'vs' women / polish women are hot'' thread. You let me down After Hours. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Ugh, it's only been a few hours since I last posted here and already this thread has turned into ''a men 'vs' women / polish women are hot'' thread. You let me down After Hours. :(

In fairness.. it is After Hours. :pac:

Also, it was just one incredibly egotistical and hypocritical poster who dragged the entire thread into complete disarray.. it wasn't too bad before that.

Curious as to why people are attacking my OP though, considering I said nothing but good things about the girls :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

liah wrote: »
    Curious as to why people are attacking my OP though, considering I said nothing but good things about the girls :(

Because it's After Hours.

I get ya Liah! ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

...........mmmmmmmmmmmussstt....resisttt....temptationnn..to posttt..

liah wrote: »
    In fairness.. it is After Hours. :pac:

Also, it was just one incredibly egotistical and hypocritical poster who dragged the entire thread into complete disarray.. it wasn't too bad before that.

It's ok liah we all love like you :)

It's ok liah we all love like you :)

But only cos you're foreign. ;) Canucks ftw!

But only cos you're foreign. ;) Canucks ftw!

:D another pint on its way

:D another pint on its way

make mine a stella, nothing like a pint o wifebeater while you're defending yourself against claims of chauvinism.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement