Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do Irish men find Irish women so unattractive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

herya wrote: »
    But it's a fact - please don't take as a jibe, this is a measurable fact. In Polish high street clothes go from 6 to maybe 14, in most shops you'd be hard pressed to find 14. My sister is size 14-16 and is considered seriously biggish in Poland. She was overjoyed to discover that she can get clothes in any shop here as most of them stock up to size 20, in Poland she had not much choice other than specialty shops and frumpy granny clothes they stock.

I gave up on trying to find size 8 in Irish shops. Even 10s are often hard to find as I experienced this weekend trying to hunt them among the piles of 12 to 16s.

This is not a critique, merely an observation. I think it boils down to cultural background - when a Polish girl finds out her size 10 clothes are tight alarm bells go off and it's automatically jump on your bike fitness time.

;) I am a size 6 :o and i can find my Clothes for my size no problem at all.The only time i cant is when i wait to long and they have sold out of the style i like.

And that's considered big here to.Happy she found nice clothes for her:)
    A Friend of mine who is large can never find her sizes.
    Maybe because Irish decided to accommodate women who are larger as there is in all countries of world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

prinz wrote: »
    You're not. This applies right on up the line. Not always to the same extent, or not always regarding less clothing, but the same attitude. Also it not only applies to nights out/trying to score but just general interactions on a day to day basis.

Oh but they would. I've been out in Dublin many times with the fiancées friends and siblings, cousins, etc, also in-laws from another European country.. and they can't believe the way Irish girls especially dress in the pubs and clubs, even on the street in the middle of the day. You'd quickly get a non-complimentary name for yourself.

Neither myself or any of my friends single or otherwise dress like hookers, normally a girl has work clothes, hanging out clothes, going out clothes and going out out (clubbing) clothes. If a girl wears clubbing clothes during the day thats her own business, she can wear what she likes as far as I'm concerned. And did you question all said girls to check they were indeed all Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Lux23 wrote: »
    I know a few Eastern European girls that dress like hookers so I don't think thats much of an argument. Do you ever go to the Czech Inn? I went to a Slovakian hen party there once and several of the girls had skirts just covering their nether regions. I was being mocked for covering up so I find what your saying strange, sure loads of Irish girls dress like hookers but this is universal.

I think you'll find they'll do that here. I've not been to Eastern Europe but you'll never find that on the average girl on the street in Germany, France etc

• I'm a girl and I find Irish women so hard to get along with. It's the only country I haven't had loads of female friends. The attitude of a lot of people makes them uglier in my eyes. I also just don't find them overly attractive as a whole. There are some real stunners definitely, but the majority are pasty, stumpy, plain and dress badly. And I find that many Irish girls have a totally overinflated view of themselves, the most average looking girls go on as if they're supermodels. In fact, other girls act like they are as well. Having dyed blonde hair and wearing 5 layers of make-up doesn't make you pretty. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Do you ever go to the Czech Inn? I went to a Slovakian hen party there once and several of the girls had skirts just covering their nether regions.
    No, but guess where I'm going this weekend! :p

. If a girl wears clubbing clothes during the day thats her own business, she can wear what she likes as far as I'm concerned.

And as far as I'm concerned I'm free to find that deeply unattractive. But like I said, a lot of it is mental too.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭papachango

Over the years my Girlfriends have been from far and wide, UK, Sweden, USA, SA, FR, OZ etc and Ireland of course. I would say its probably a 50-50 split between Irish and foreign. Of course they were all lovely. But I have to say that in my experience loads of Irishgirls are a bit up themselves and shallow alroish! Hopefully the recession will slap a bit of reality into them and the male equivalent too, who were probably more annoying! Of course the Irish women I've dated have been smart, funny, humourous, and didnt take themselves too serious, thats why they went out with me ha ha! A lot of Irish girls take themselves far too seriously. Its hard too take a girl seriously if she is orange like an oompa lumpa regardless of how great she may think it makes her look. But generally you can tell very quickly what a woman is like. Stay away from the bad apples and remember the small things count just as much as the grand gestures.
    Irish girls prefer the foreign boys and Irish men prefer the foreign girls. I think it's a subconscious 'grass is greener' type effect.
    Anyway in closing most Irish women are bang on(and beautiful) but a lot of Irish women are seriously deluded about themselves. The same could apply to Irishmen but this thread aint about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I think you'll find they'll do that here. I've not been to Eastern Europe but you'll never find that on the average girl on the street in Germany, France etc

Ok but Ive been to nightclubs in Germany, Italy, France, Czech Republic and Poland and guess what its full of scantilly clad local girls. And I assume you see them on the street too as they obviously don't live in the clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Just to clarify, I was up at 5 to get washed dressed and made up, and in the office at 6 along with the rest of my colleagues so we could nail this thing. I work normal office hours usually. Is that enough info or would you like to know what I had for breakfast?

I dislike you calling me a liar, bitch if you like but not liar.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

I didn't call you a liar. Thats personal abuse and against the forum charter. You know how this thing works. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

And as far as I'm concerned I'm free to find that deeply unattractive. But like I said, a lot of it is mental too.

nothing wrong with miniskirts

going to town with pajamas on, on the other hand...

:pac:

• Advertisement

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    nothing wrong with miniskirts

going to town with pajamas on, on the other hand...

:pac:

The Japanese started that.

And I assume you see them on the street too as they obviously don't live in the clubs.

Trust me, you don't. I have lived in three european countries where the ladyfolk wouldn't dare go out and about dressed the way a lot of Irish girls dress. Not unless they're selling something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Neither myself or any of my friends single or otherwise dress like hookers, normally a girl has work clothes, hanging out clothes, going out clothes and going out out (clubbing) clothes. If a girl wears clubbing clothes during the day thats her own business, she can wear what she likes as far as I'm concerned. And did you question all said girls to check they were indeed all Irish?
    I'm afraid I'd get a ban, the ones on my pc are a bit on the naughty side :eek:

On a serious note, could you ever PM me those pics when you get a chance? Thanks.

Trust me, you don't. I have lived in three european countries where the ladyfolk wouldn't dare go out and about dressed the way a lot of Irish girls dress. Not unless they're selling something.

So how do the girls get from their homes to the nightclubs? Or were all the girls in these places whores? Because there were an awful lot of them,

Prinz with all due respect yes they do.In Germany Sweden France etc....... they walk around with half clothes on and go out in them to ;)

Daroxtar wrote: »
    If you're going to talk horse sh!te then at least leave more than 5 posts space before telling related lies. You wil be exposed

liar

–noun a person who tells lies.

So you plainly did call me a liar, which again I am not, I did however put in a typo and apologise, please forgive me.

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Thats personal abuse and against the forum charter. You know how this thing works.

liar

So you plainly did call me a liar, which again I am not, I did however put in a typo and apologise, please forgive me.

The information didn't match up. So you're at work? Are you posting from a work computer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

those damned japs!

next the be going kamikazee and some women here will have to follow their "trend" ?

segaBOY wrote: »
    On a serious note, could you ever PM me those pics when you get a chance? Thanks.

I'm trying to find one with all me and my foxy friends together, I'll be back. ;)

• Advertisement

Was it them :D

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    those damned japs!

next the be going kamikazee and some women here will have to follow their "trend" ?

No hopefully that will be the men. :)

shqipshume wrote: »
    Prinz with all due respect yes they do.In Germany Sweden France etc....... they walk around with half clothes on and go out in them to ;)

I'm marrying a German, I spend half my time there. I think I know what I see when I walk around the city, during the day, and during the night. Like I said have lived in Germany, Belgium and France and I have seen the odd few but nothing near like what I'd see in Dublin.

But like I said, even that could be overlooked. It's the mental attitude that really turns me off a lot of Irish girls.

The information didn't match up. So you're at work? Are you posting from a work computer?

Yes. I am at work but I'm finished now for the day. I'm waiting on a colleague to give him a lift home so I can interweb away.

I'm marrying a German, I spend half my time there. I think I know what I see when I walk around the city, during the day, and during the night. Like I said have lived in Germany, Belgium and France and I have seen the odd few but nothing near like what I'd see in Dublin.

Well i live in Dublin all my life and the ones you are saying are all over here i don't see ever,I see non Irish nationals walking around during day with less clothes on the Irish girls and during the night out.And then when i do see Irish ones its on night out and they are in their minority.And remember again they aren't all Irish.

P.S congratulations and best of luck with wedding :)

P.P.S just saw your edit. Then you were just unlucky with the Irish girls you met or else it was you who had the problem.(NOT meant in a insulting way)

Yes. I am at work but I'm finished now for the day. I'm waiting on a colleague to give him a lift home so I can interweb away.
    I'm afraid I'd get a ban, the ones on my pc are a bit on the naughty side :eek:

Keeping naughty pics of yourself on a work PC? Nice ;)

• Advertisement

I'm waiting on a colleague to give him a lift home so I can interweb away.

Ask him what he thinks. Ignore the awkward silence, just go for it!

liar

Not at all. I merely used the future conditional tense and offered some advice. If I called you a liar then by the same standards you called another posters fiance an Irish Pig, and only an absolute cunt would do that kind of thing.

But like I said, even that could be overlooked. It's the mental attitude that really turns me off a lot of Irish girls.

I went to a fetish club in Germany, i can see the attraction. They were mostly covered up though so maybe thats where you and Frau go off an evening with the in laws. :)

Keeping naughty pics of yourself on a work PC? Nice ;)

Nope I have it in my hotmail account, ah the magic of the internet. I can access hotmail from anywhere in the world, brill eh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Wibbs wrote: »
    You will see more 14 - 16 sized mid 20's women in Dublin than in say Milan. You will see more (non bony) size 8's in Milan. In somewhere like Slovakia the difference is even more marked. The overall average will be smaller.

What?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bernie_Bernbaum

Moonbaby wrote: »
    It is a self esteem thing on their part. Women in foreign countries are easier targets, and they care less about their opinions if they do get shot down.

This is a big one I think - people tend to act differently when they're abroad, be more outgoing, friendly etc., think about when you're on holiday - you're able to be different because you don't know anyone there. Plus, you'll probably be making more of an effort to make friends because you're new there.
    herya wrote: »

I gave up on trying to find size 8 in Irish shops. Even 10s are often hard to find as I experienced this weekend trying to hunt them among the piles of 12 to 16s.

Yes, very hard to find a size 10 in most of the shops here, but I took that to mean that it was the most popular size and they'd all been snapped up by the size 10 Irish women?

Nope I have it in my hotmail account, ah the magic of the internet. I can access hotmail from anywhere in the world, brill eh :D

Oh sorry, I thought you said that the "the ones on my pc are a bit on the naughty side" as in the ones you had on your PC, as in saved on your HDD, on the supposed work computer, apologies, didn't know they were on your hotmail.

Yes, very hard to find a size 10 in most of the shops here, but I took that to mean that it was the most popular size and they'd all been snapped up by the size 10 Irish women?

That's exactly it,if not in fast enough to get them snapped up :D

Daroxtar: Not at all. I merely used the future conditional tense and offered some advice. If I called you a liar then by the same standards you called another posters fiance an Irish Pig, and only an absolute **** would do that kind of thing.

Now now hit a nerve did I, and I will say again I said I HOPE SHES NOT AN IRISH PIG, I did not say SHE IS AN IRISH PIG, there is a difference, turns out she is neither but a foreign girl. You do understand the words "hope" and "not", I can google them for you. And you did call me a liar by implying that I lied.

Also to use the c word however spelt just shows that when someone can't win an argument they decline into personal abuse. I perfer bitch as I've said before.

Daroxtar: Not at all. I merely used the future conditional tense and offered some advice. If I called you a liar then by the same standards you called another posters fiance an Irish Pig, and only an absolute **** would do that kind of thing.

Now now hit a nerve did I, and I will say again I said I HOPE SHES NOT AN IRISH PIG, I did not say SHE IS AN IRISH PIG, there is a difference, turns out she is neither but a foreign girl. You do understand the words "hope" and "not", I can google them for you. And you did call me a liar by implying that I lied.

Also to use the c word however spelt just shows that when someone can't win an argument they decline into personal abuse. I perfer bitch as I've said before.

I have a question for you why did you have to say Irish at all in sentence? Could have just said hope she is not a Pig :rolleyes:

I have a question for you why did you have to say Irish at all in sentence? Could have just said hope she is not a Pig :rolleyes:

Because deep down that's what she thinks of Irish women :rolleyes:

And
    Prinz sorry to inform you but you will probably be single forever. Did some bold girl with an opinion make you feel inadequate??? I have a picture of you in my mind not a lot unlike comic book guy from the Simpsons. Can't remove it, its stuck now.

And
    lol great, Prinz will be your first customer, seeing as he's not getting any, ever.

And :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

liah wrote: »
    I'm expecting an awful lot of Mary Harney jokes in this thread, but I have a question.

Do you think Irish men find Irish women unattractive due to the perceived notion that Irish women don't have the nicest personalities? Every time a thread opens up about Irish women, the men go on about how awful their personalities are, particularly in clubs, saying they're particularly abrasive, etc.

While I've not found this to be hugely true, although I have encountered it, do you think it somehow detracts from their looks? I find Irish women absolutely stunning on average; walking down the street in any given city I spot loads of beautiful full-blood Irish girls, but for some reason Irish men just don't see it. All you have to do is look at the picture thread in tLL to realize that even the nerdy boards types (:p) are gorgeous.

So why don't Irish men see it? Why do they prefer Eastern European looks? Funnily enough, on average the Eastern European women I've met haven't had a patch on the average Irish girl.

Is it a case of me just liking the Irish look, and they're not actually that good-looking, or is it the perception of the female Irish attitude that makes Irish men not notice their looks as much?

Kind of a tough question for me to word properly in the state I'm in, but hopefully my point gets across without any offense.

It's funny; when it does get down to men's taste in Irish women, they reference Irish TV celebs like the Seoige sisters, who I don't really see as being the "cream of the crop," so to say. I see far more aesthetically blessed girls down the pub after work than I do on any Irish television channel.

So what is it? What am I missing? Do I just have weird taste? Or is it down to attitude perception?

It's okay Irish women are seen as very attractive abroad! Far away hills are greener etc;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

now now boys there are some really good looking irish women i'd like to do like there are some really ugly polish women i would not like to do ! Personally i don't think there is such thing as an unattractive woman in the czech rep so much so i'd love to move out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

I LOVE Irish women!!! Just LOVE them!!!

...they don't love me back though... :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Jeez, a certain 'number' of people on here are giving perfect examples of why so many Irish women are considered 'unattractive', either up themselves or acting like complete wenches for no apparent reason, other than 'they can'.

Im going out with a nice Irish girl, as I have several in the past, NONE of whom i met in a night club, which in my opinion is the last place you should be looking for a (long term) partner, really is the place where you find both sexes at their worst.

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Jeez, a certain 'number' of people on here are giving perfect examples of why so many Irish women are considered 'unattractive', either up themselves or acting like complete wenches for no apparent reason, other than 'they can'.

Im going out with a nice Irish girl, as I have several in the past, NONE of whom i met in a night club, which in my opinion is the last place you should be looking for a (long term) partner, really is the place where you find both sexes at their worst.

To be honest would have said the same but met the current OH of 2 years at a club...was handing my coat in to the cloak room though so not much drink on board :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 AmazingMan

Having lived in Spain, France, Italy and London as well as a few stints in Australia and the US I feel as though I can speak with authority in this.

1. Eastern European women are generally (more attractive girls per 100 random girls) more physically attractive than Irish girls. Generally again they are slimmer, have better bone structure, have more toned bodies and better skin. Also they tend to behave in a more ladylike fashion and have not been trained so much culturally to indulge in binge-drinking and laddish behaviour.

2. Irish girls are seen along with British girls to be easy game abroad, the foreign men are not necessarily attracted to them, but then again a lot of men don't require a strong physical attraction to engage in intercourse. Irish and English women are considered easier to bed and less hassle than their contintental cousins although their looks and style are frequently mocked by our continental brethern in spite of the fact that they will however sleep with them.

3. My own view is that the continental opinion is harsh. I don't think irish girls should be associated with the British. I believe the attraction in many Irish girls is their sense of humour, willingness to engage in banter, laidback attitude and positive outlook on life. Also, contrary to popular opinion we do have our fair share of beauties here, except they don't feel the need to be overstylised which makes them more beautiful in my opinion. Align that waith a cracking personality and you're onto a winner. Whereas a continental beauty will tend to be cold and aloof.

4. Of the English-speaking countries in the world generally the Irish girl will stand out. She'll be opinionated, good craic, up for a laugh and generally popular with the Aussie/American/Canadian guys who admire her boisterousness and willingness to have a laugh. However in my experience the vast majority of them while admiring her personality and enjoying her company do not consider her as physically attractive as their natives for a number of reasons including

a) lack of fashion sense
    b) lack of fitness/athleticism/willingness to take care of body
    c) lack of tan
    d) overly male attributes like boozing, banter and generally messing about which while great in a matey way are not considered attractive in a girl there

that's it

[quote=[Deleted User];62977145]I'm a girl and I find Irish women so hard to get along with. It's the only country I haven't had loads of female friends. The attitude of a lot of people makes them uglier in my eyes. I also just don't find them overly attractive as a whole. There are some real stunners definitely, but the majority are pasty, stumpy, plain and dress badly. And I find that many Irish girls have a totally overinflated view of themselves, the most average looking girls go on as if they're supermodels. In fact, other girls act like they are as well. Having dyed blonde hair and wearing 5 layers of make-up doesn't make you pretty. :confused:[/quote]

Where are you from Lawrence Hissing Senselessness? :rolleyes:
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I read that part to be a tongue-in-cheek comment in the context of the thread and some of the posts on it regarding Irish women, rather than a bitchy comment on prinzs wife.

AmazingMan wrote: »
    Having lived in Spain, France, Italy and London as well as a few stints in Australia and the US I feel as though I can speak with authority in this.

1. Eastern European women are generally (more attractive girls per 100 random girls) more physically attractive than Irish girls. Generally again they are slimmer, have better bone structure, have more toned bodies and better skin. Also they tend to behave in a more ladylike fashion and have not been trained so much culturally to indulge in binge-drinking and laddish behaviour.

2. Irish girls are seen along with British girls to be easy game abroad, the foreign men are not necessarily attracted to them, but then again a lot of men don't require a strong physical attraction to engage in intercourse. Irish and English women are considered easier to bed and less hassle than their contintental cousins although their looks and style are frequently mocked by our continental brethern in spite of the fact that they will however sleep with them.

3. My own view is that the continental opinion is harsh. I don't think irish girls should be associated with the British. I believe the attraction in many Irish girls is their sense of humour, willingness to engage in banter, laidback attitude and positive outlook on life. Also, contrary to popular opinion we do have our fair share of beauties here, except they don't feel the need to be overstylised which makes them more beautiful in my opinion. Align that waith a cracking personality and you're onto a winner. Whereas a continental beauty will tend to be cold and aloof.

4. Of the English-speaking countries in the world generally the Irish girl will stand out. She'll be opinionated, good craic, up for a laugh and generally popular with the Aussie/American/Canadian guys who admire her boisterousness and willingness to have a laugh. However in my experience the vast majority of them while admiring her personality and enjoying her company do not consider her as physically attractive as their natives for a number of reasons including

a) lack of fashion sense
    b) lack of fitness/athleticism/willingness to take care of body
    c) lack of tan
    d) overly male attributes like boozing, banter and generally messing about which while great in a matey way are not considered attractive in a girl there

that's it

WOW That is just the biggest bunch of horse **** i have ever read :eek:
    In every country in world they find sluts and doesn't matter where! They drink heavy as well and fall around the place and will also jump into bed with men easy as all sluts from all countries do.Doesn't matter what country,Barr Arab ones where you get killed for that carry on:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

same can be said for the men amazon man but i'm not in to that :) seen the light and all that like a tan unless it's out of a bottle and the whole d4 ness thing of looking like a unpah lumpah european women can be good but you can get the odd few that a sniper would not take out i like my women to look natural i actually at the moment think that florence welsh the whole pale skin red hair thing is really attractive the climate we live in ant exactly nice !

As i pointed out, you did not call her an irish pig and i did not call you a liar or a cunt (My most sincere apologies for the use of such a terrible and offensive word. Naughty naughty me) I just said that if my statement Implied you were a liar then by the same standard you implied the other posters was an Irish Pig and that would be a racist attack on the other posters fiance. TBH my initial post was friendly advice. If anything i deserve your thanks for that.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

WindSock wrote: »
    I read that part to be a tongue-in-cheek comment in the context of the thread and some of the posts on it regarding Irish women, rather than a bitchy comment on prinzs wife.

Just an observation but the girl herself keeps saying, 'bitchy yes, liar no..' to paraphrase, so dont know about tongue in cheek!

• Advertisement

WOW That is just the biggest bunch of horse **** i have ever read :eek:

No, it's pretty much on the money really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement