Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do Irish men find Irish women so unattractive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

oh and the amount of girls i know all really good looking femm lesbians with guys pesterings them it's a knock to their ego but like a girls not messing when they say their gay !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 AmazingMan

shqipshume wrote: »
    WOW That is just the biggest bunch of horse **** i have ever read :eek:
    In every country in world they find sluts and doesn't matter where! They drink heavy as well and fall around the place and will also jump into bed with men easy as all sluts from all countries do.Doesn't matter what country,Barr Arab ones where you get killed for that carry on:rolleyes:

It's true that drunkeness amongst females can occur anywhere, it happens more however in Ireland and GB. The number of times I have heard both guys and girls in Ireland began lengthy tedious anecdotes "jeez I was so hammered/pissed/langers last night, you'll never believe what I did......" yawn

generally the continentals find overtly drunken behaviour shameful, in ireland it is considered the norm and even considered to be like a badge of honour by some. The rights and wrongs of that can be debated elsewhere. In any case I don't believe any accusations of sluttishness were evident in my post.

gcgirl wrote: »
    oh and the amount of girls i know all really good looking femm lesbians with guys pesterings them it's a knock to their ego but like a girls not messing when they say their gay !

I find your style difficult to read. Perhaps it works better on a mobile but I'm unsure of what point you are making. There seems to be a lack of......well, basic grammar.

good post above amazing man i do agree with you i think we have too much of a drink culture in this country and it's as much men as women that are at a blame !

on a mobile :)

• Advertisement

gcgirl wrote: »
    good post above amazing man i do agree with you i think we have too much of a drink culture in this country and it's as much men as women that are at a blame !

Thank you and I apologise for criticising the lack of commas in your posts.

this is after hours or am i lost !sorry for a min i thought i was back in politics :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

AmazingMan wrote: »
    It's true that drunkeness amongst females can occur anywhere, it happens more however in Ireland and GB. The number of times I have heard both guys and girls in Ireland began length tedious anecdotes "jeez I was so hammered/pissed/langers last night, you'll never believe what I did......" yawn

generally the continentals find overtly drunken behaviour shameful, in ireland it is considered the norm and even considered to be like a badge of honour by some. The rights and wrongs of that can be debated elsewhere. In any case I don't believe any accusations of sluttishness were evident in my post.

You are right.
    Irish girls and British girls are bottom of barrel and non nationals of them countries only are with them because they drink and are easy to bed.And all the other girls in all the other countries,are far less likely and far better looking and more lady like.

You are right.
    Irish girls and British girls are bottom of barrel and non nationals of them countries only are with them because they drink and are easy to bed.And all the other girls in all the other countries,are far less likely and far better looking and more lady like.

Unfortunately the truth is an awful lot of them have that mindset. The number of times I have had the debate with them is unreal, trying to tell them that they are wrong and we have the best mix here of attraciveness and personality (only for bunch of Wexford girls to wander in completely drunk on a hen night right in the middle of my rant in defense of Irish women to a bunch of French guys).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Unfortunately the truth is an awful lot of them have that mindset. The number of times I have had the debate with them is unreal, trying to tell them that they are wrong and we have the best mix here of attraciveness and personality (only for bunch of Wexford girls to wander in completely drunk on a hen night right in the middle of my rant in defense of Irish women to a bunch of French guys).

+1, that's really how it is. It has less to do with physical looks like I have said 20 times and more to do with attitude and behaviour, and many many many Irish girls fail that, even when they're sober. Occassionally through work I have contact with people in other companies / offices etc, and the girls are notoriously harder to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I would say that there is a higher proprotion of unattractive women in Ireland than in other European countries, even after you adjust your figures for orange make-up and bad fashion sense.

That being said, who cares? There's more to life than being pretty- like not being a horrible slag, which sadly happens a lot here.

Funny my bf mindset is that swedes Germans french dutch Spanish Americans Russians polish etc........ are an easy lay and drink to much and have a serious attitude problem :D And they only told you they think the Irish are because you aren't any of them other nationalities.If you had of been swede they would have told you that about them or another nationality to,But seen as subject was Irish they didn't ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭I_am_Jebus

to be honest I find as an "overall package" Irish girls are the best bar Americans.

I think there are plenty of lovely and attractive Irish girls out there. I see plenty on a regular basis. I generally however, do find them very difficult to talk to and a lot more close minded/bitchy than other nationalities. However, this only really occurs in clubs and pubs.

I've never met any of my previous GFs in a club or pub. Recently, I have great random conversations (joys of being single) with Irish girls (some I found attractive, some I didn't and some were just plain amazing looking).

Obviously being Irish I have had more experience with Irish Girls but when all is said and done I'd choose an Irish Girl over an Eastern European one every day of the week.

Irish girls do have a different look about them than European, but for me, it's a look I prefer. There's a certain cuteness about Irish girls that is delivered in part by their looks and in part by their personality (and way of going on - the craic etc...).

I haven't, in my experience, seen that level of cuteness in foreign girls.

All in all, I hope I end up with an Irish girl.

All of the above is generalisations and there can be exceptions to everything I;ve said.

Having said all that. American girls are amazing... especially those from the Southern States.

Funny my bf mindset is that swedes Germans french dutch Spanish Americans Russians polish etc........ are an easy lay and drink to much and have a serious attitude problem :D

Your bf is mistaken. Of course you'll get the odd ones but not the majority or anywhere near it. Even one night stands are frowned upon by most girls themselves in Germany and France.

prinz wrote: »
    Your bf is mistaken. Of course you'll get the odd ones but not the majority or anywhere near it. Even one night stands are frowned upon by most girls themselves in Germany and France.

And again prinz with all due respect he is not mistaken as he lived there all over Europe with work,and he has told me what these such good girls carry on like :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Irish wimmins are by and large greedy whores.

Most of them are ignorant and bitchy, only interested in money and prosperity, smoke way too much, and then there is the matter of being slightly obese...!

Of course, there are good ones also, but good luck in finding them.

I have done my travel stint, and girls from say asia vs the Irish is a non brainer imo.

I think in the last 10 years, the whole dating scene has deteriorated to such an extent your better off staying at home than venture out in the hope of meeting anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭greengiant09

ok, there's been a lot of posts on here and there's been a lot of crap and some accurate statements been made.

first of all, irish birds aren't the may west in beauty terms......FACT!!....i've done a lot of travelling and i can honestly say on average they aren't great. i reckon it's to do with the small gene pool. when i was in oz, u could spot the irish birds a mile off....they were like big freckled lobsters stranded on the beach. its harsh but it's true.

its not their fault, it's just genetics....of course, they're are hot birds here but i noticed in other countries how the women were on average were better looking than irish gals....no offence but there is a lot of really ugly irish girls out there. theres not much they can do about it, hitting the gym may improve them a little bit but not much.

the only consolation is that there are worse countries for birds out there....a lot worse in fact.

I think in the last 10 years, the whole dating scene has deteriorated to such an extent your better off staying at home than venture out in the hope of meeting anyone.

The dating scene in Ireland is a Joke. End of.

The only social outlet is pubs and clubs. Try meeting a long-term partner there.

I am not saying decent people or attractive people don't go to these places, they do, but it's clicky staying with groups of friends etc... generally - drink into oblivion, very loud music. It doesn't really set itself up to be much of a social interaction in general.

I do go clubbing most weekends though. But sure what else is there really.

How does the dating scene work in other countries though?

ok, there's been a lot of posts on here and there's been a lot of crap and some accurate statements been made.

first of all, irish birds aren't the may west in beauty terms......FACT!!....i've done a lot of travelling and i can honestly say on average they aren't great. i reckon it's to do with the small gene pool. when i was in oz, u could spot the irish birds a mile off....they were like big freckled lobsters stranded on the beach. its harsh but it's true.

its not their fault, it's just genetics....of course, they're are hot birds here but i noticed in other countries how the women were on average were better looking than irish gals....no offence but there is a lot of really ugly irish girls out there. theres not much they can do about it, hitting the gym may improve them a little bit but not much.

the only consolation is that there are worse countries for birds out there....a lot worse in fact.

Well with the Irish men been donors to the Irish women gene pool hard for them to improve it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

first of all, irish birds aren't the may west in beauty terms......FACT!! OPINION!!

FYP.

• Advertisement

Your opinion is NOT FACT! No more than mine is.

To be honest, as an Irish Guy, the use of the word "bird" is an extremely unattractive phrase. I would not like to be lumped into the same pool as someone who uses that phrase if Irish women where talking about some of the unattractive points of Irish men.

And again prinz with all due respect he is not mistaken as he lived there all over Europe with work,and he has told me what these such good girls carry on like :rolleyes:

well afraid to say love but he's completely wrong, look up any poll/survey for binge-drinking and we are top of the pile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

well afraid to say love but he's completely wrong, look up any poll/survey for binge-drinking and we are top of the pile

I'm hearing alot about this over the last few years..

Now I happen to be a borderline alcoholic,
    Yet not once have I drunk binge.
    :confused:

I_am_Jebus wrote: »
    to be honest I find as an "overall package" Irish girls are the best bar Americans.

I think there are plenty of lovely and attractive Irish girls out there. I see plenty on a regular basis. I generally however, do find them very difficult to talk to and a lot more close minded/bitchy than other nationalities. However, this only really occurs in clubs and pubs.

I've never met any of my previous GFs in a club or pub. Recently, I have great random conversations (joys of being single) with Irish girls (some I found attractive, some I didn't and some were just plain amazing looking).

Obviously being Irish I have had more experience with Irish Girls but when all is said and done I'd choose an Irish Girl over an Eastern European one every day of the week.

Irish girls do have a different look about them than European, but for me, it's a look I prefer. There's a certain cuteness about Irish girls that is delivered in part by their looks and in part by their personality (and way of going on - the craic etc...).

I haven't, in my experience, seen that level of cuteness in foreign girls.

All in all, I hope I end up with an Irish girl.

All of the above is generalisations and there can be exceptions to everything I;ve said.

Having said all that. American girls are amazing... especially those from the Southern States.

Yes, that's the interesting thing.

irish girls are generally more inherently suspicious of being approached than girls from other nations (maybe because of the strong catholic guilt ethic or maybe because irish guys don't really hit on them unless completely blathered, i don't know but generally they are really really really bad at dealing with come-ons, even if they like the guy they don't know what to do)

but once you get beyond that suspicion and gain their trust they are generally great fun/dead sound and a great laugh to be with.

Their level of physical attractiveness on a purely superifical level per 100 random girls wouldn't be great, I'd estimate maybe 6-8 doable girls per 100 whereas in Sweden or France it would be maybe 25-35, but we do have a good balance between fun personality and not horrendous looks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

sorry but it has nothing to do with irish,this same thread is on most posters around the world,the word you may be looking for is viva la differance,we all prefer people from different races and culture men /woman,i know[as a englishman] when i am in ireland older girls[i am a OAP] will go all google eyes when i talk to them, ,and god forbid if they slip up and swear,they the go red and apologize,most woman in the UK wont give me the time of day,i myself ended up marrying i girl from gibraltar .i think its natures was of changing the gene pool ,

What did i say about binge drinking? Some Irish may do that but look at who they go out with and binge drink with oh wow what is that Irish males,NO never :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I dont find Irish women unnatractive , not at all , but like the population of any country and as mentioned ,you are going to find some who are not blessed with ' natural ' good looks but it's also subjective . Appearences are everything and from my own expierence many Irish girls have nice easy going personalitys , sense of humor and an earthiness about them which is a great + .You dont judge them on their looks , you like them for who they are . Of course some will put more effort into their appearences ie ,body ,face ,teeth than others but even on the plainest girls face you'll find some little quirk that sets them apart as individuals , who dont feel the need to conform to the sterotype ' vouge' magazine look ( although that's just fine to of course ) .They have their own way and style about them.

Latchy wrote: »
    I dont find Irish women unnatractive , not at all , but like the population of any country and as mentioned ,you are going to find some who are not blessed with ' natural ' good looks but it's also subjective . Appearences are everything and from my own expierence many Irish girls have nice easy going personalitys , sense of humor and an earthiness about them which is a great + .You dont judge them on their looks , you like them for who they are . Of course some will put more effort into their appearences ie ,body ,face ,teeth than others but even on the plainest girls face you'll find some little quirk that sets them apart as individuals , who dont feel the need to conform to the sterotype ' vouge' magazine look ( although that's just fine to of course ) .They have their own way and style about them.

+1
    Latchy you will make Abi very happy girl :):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus wept, this thread is STILL going? What a shi*ty way to spend a day.

• Advertisement

+1
    Latchy you will make Abi very happy girl :):D

I will ?

thanks Shqipshume :D

Abi has all the attributes mentioned and a very special girl :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭megadodge

Unlike a lot of posters here, I don't find Irish girls' personalities any better or worse than anywhere else, in fact they're probably better craic in general.

However, I have major problems with their bodies.

Fat is very unattractive !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I have to agree with AmazingMan re the drinking. It is defo looked down upon among women from other countries. They simply dont get as bollexed drunk. With the notable exception Ive found of the swedish. They seem to get rip roaring drunk. Both sexes. It's one of the most common comments Ive heard from foreign men about the irish and irish women in particular. That and they think of them as generally bigger figure wise. Not always in a bad way either BTW.

As far as bigger women in Slovakia goes, it must be the much older women as I saw little of it among the younger.

Other countries will catch up there though. Currently the spanish have the biggest problem in the eu with childhood obesity. The current crop of 20 to 35 year olds may well be the last who are generally slim.

The looking after yourself thing is defo less here. Yes IMHO but it would take much to convince me otherwise. As I said not so much if at all with younger irish women, but beyond a certain age, yes.

Like Latchy said every culture will have a mix of looks and it is subjective. very much so. We are also a small population with little outside mixing by comparison so that must have an effect.

Then again if you asked an average american to name Irish sex symbols, they would all be male. Try naming an internationally commonly known female Irish sex symbol. Its harder. A lot harder. Dunno why that is though as we do have very good looking irish women out there.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I will ? :D Thanks Shqipshume ;)

Lickarse:p:p:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

:eek:

*evaporates*

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Going over old ground again, but as a historic generality a lot of Irish wimmins have always neglected their nails and hair and Irish mens have always neglected their...well, what ever you're having yourself on that one.

I think both sexes have been coping on of late.

Yes we are Irish, yes we do have the celtic self-destruction-in-search-pleasure gene toggled firmly in the 'on' position and personally, I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

i dont care what sort of nationality a nice set of cheeks are on.

• shqipshume wrote: »
    Where are you from Lawrence Hissing Senselessness? :rolleyes:

Why does it matter? Oh right yeah, so you can use something about my ethnic background against me because I disagree with you. :rolleyes: I'm Irish by nationality actually (among other things) but spent most of my life outside Ireland.

I will ? :D Thanks Shqipshume ;)

Yes you will :D You are welcome Latchy :)

Aww I knew it from minute one remember :p

[quote=[Deleted User];62979840]Why does it matter? Oh right yeah, so you can use something about my ethnic background against me because I disagree with you. :rolleyes: I'm Irish by nationality actually (among other things) but spent most of my life outside Ireland.[/quote]

No was just curious how pasty and ugly you are :D
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

This is the groundhog day thread.

Damn those gorgeous foreign women stealing the affections of our herculean Irish men.
    Seriously look at the average Irish man and most of us would probably prefer the average European man based on physical appearance alone.

But there is much more to attraction than the physical of course and most Irish men and women are clannish and stick to "their own".

• Advertisement

• shqipshume wrote: »

I'm neither one thanks! Didn't seem to get any Irish genes except being able to hold my drink :D

Alessandra wrote: »
    This is the groundhog day thread.

Damn those gorgeous foreign women stealing the affections of our herculean Irish men.
    Seriously look at the average Irish man and most of us would probably prefer the average European man based on physical appearance alone.

But there is much more to attraction than the physical of course and most Irish men and women are clannish and stick to "their own".

Ok is that sarcasm or are you serious in saying Irish women care :eek: If sarcasm sorry :o

[quote=[Deleted User];62979937]I'm neither one thanks! Didn't seem to get any Irish genes except being able to hold my drink :D[/quote]

Wow you really hate Irish girls dont you :confused:

Its always typical to find the worse points around you then the better ones.Irish love a good bitch and attack on another to make themselves feel better.Seems though in this country alot of the men seem to be the biatches :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Wow you really hate Irish girls dont you :confused:

Its always typical to find the worse points around you then the better ones.Irish love a good bitch and attack on another to make themselves feel better.Seems though in this country alot of the men seem to be the biatches :D

Im sorry, what???!.. are you drunk?!

Particularly confused by the first half of your 'point'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Wexford women are lovely, and if a bunch of french guys looked down their nose at a bit of fun, well im glad i prefer to buy irish!!!:)

Aww I knew it from minute one remember :p
    Eh ...no :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Irish women are delightful.

Irish love a good bitch and attack on another to make themselves feel better.

Ya what now? :confused: Feel better?

[quote=[Deleted User];62979840]Why does it matter? Oh right yeah, so you can use something about my ethnic background against me because I disagree with you..[/quote]

Do you not remember when we passed that Homogenous Law, anyone with a different opinion automatically loses their citizenship...

He's telling porkies if he has said that French, or German or Belgian girls behave the same as Irish girls of a similar age, when it comes to drinking and slutting around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Yes, very hard to find a size 10 in most of the shops here, but I took that to mean that it was the most popular size and they'd all been snapped up by the size 10 Irish women?

Yes they also kill each other over size 6 or 8, that's why you can't get them.
    I've been jumped at in another thread when I mentioned my size 14 sister and I was lectured that "healthy size 14 if the norm in Ireland" so what can I say... you can't have both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bernie_Bernbaum

herya wrote: »
    Yes they also kill each other over size 6 or 8, that's why you can't get them.
    I've been jumped at in another thread when I mentioned my size 14 sister and I was lectured that "healthy size 14 if the norm in Ireland" so what can I say... you can't have both!

I'm not sure what your point is.... :confused::o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement